deepfried

Ghillie suits and temperature

So I was reading on wiki that Ghillie suits are very hot to wear, specifically:

"Although highly effective, ghillie suits are impractical for many situations where camouflage is useful. They tend to be very heavy and hot. Even in moderate climates, the temperature inside of the ghillie suit can reach over 50 °C (120 °F)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghillie_suit

I was thinking maybe it would be cool if this was implemented in the game. We already have temperature as a status so you just need to modify its behaviour whilst someone is wearing a Ghillie suit.

Effects would be:

Higher than normal temperature.

Immune (or near as) to cold effects.

Over heating and feinting if you run too much

Much increased water consumption

OK now that is a nerf for the ghillie suit in most respects but tbh I dont care about nerf or buff, just the fun of the added realism.

Do they have a overheating option in the game as of now? I've only gone into hypothermia and have gotten cold to the point I need to move or use a heat pack.

Interesting idea. It would give players more incentive to carry and wear their civ clothing instead of just turfing it.

YEa i think this is a cool idea, i came across this thread because i was thinking about overheating from people doing cross country, or for hot weather conditions like rain and night time drops your temp.

+1 for thread ideas, and an additional plus for people using the search function.

I think with all the running you do in this game over-heating might be too great a punishment for wearing ghillie? Increased water consumption is a great idea though.

I'm against the idea of having negative effects just because you wear a Ghillie. Sitting still or walking around in a Ghillie really shouldn't cause too much of an issue. Wearing a ghillie and running, however, is a different story.

Overheating could work, as it'd be a multi-tier effect: First, it would cause the player to get heat exhaustion and breathe heavily, as well as have reduced accuracy, much faster hunger and dehydration rates, and if they continue to push themselves, fall unconscious for a long period of time. If a player starts to get heat exhaustion, the only way to cure it would be to stop moving and wait.

I'm for this idea, but slow prone to sneaking/walking shouldn't cause excessive heat, as you're not overexerting yourself too much. In my opinion, only running and sprinting should raise your temperatures while in a Ghillie to extremes.

To counteract these negatives, obviously the Ghillie would give the player a resistance to cold weather.

As someone also suggested,

Since using that Ghillie, it hides your back-pack, it should either show, and increase in tempurature / movement speed.

Or you should be forced to drop the pack.

I'm thinking if you had a backpack, you could probably conceal it while wearing a ghillie suit. Does this actually cause some gameplay problem?

Anyway, trying to run in a ghillie suit would definitely be exhausting and dehydrating. I don't see a problem with putting this in the game.

I'm thinking if you had a backpack' date=' you could probably conceal it while wearing a ghillie suit. Does this actually cause some gameplay problem?

Anyway, trying to run in a ghillie suit would definitely be exhausting and dehydrating. I don't see a problem with putting this in the game.

[/quote']

Well it's visually broken since there's no hunch back or anything sticking from the back, thus easy to hide and conceal.

Typically when you see a normal civilian you would see a giant beige bag of some sort.

However it does not cause game-play problems.