Sign in to follow this  
theanti

DayZ - ArmA 2, ArmA 3... Help!

Hello there!

I'm quite an ignorant when it comes to DayZ since it's been no more than a week since it first came to my ears.

As such, I'm yet to have my first DayZ experience (I'm certainly looking forward it) but I got quite confused:

- Should I buy the upcomming 'DayZ Standalone' or rather 'ArmA 3' and download the mod for it thereafter?

- Who's behind the "ArmA 3 Dayz"? Is it even worth it?

- Is "Rocket" and his team considering 'ArmA 3' in any way for DayZ?

The thing is that I find a bit confusing that >DayZ< is being developed for ArmA 2 by the guys at Bohemia, having themselves just produced a brand new engine out (ArmA 3).

Isn't that stupid? (As far as I know, most of the issues and headaches were related to the buggy 'ArmA 2' engine and it's limitations; not to mention that ArmA 2 is kind of a bit rusty by now.)

Could anyone, please, shed some light unto this confusion of mine?

Thank you in advance,

theanti.

Edited by theanti

Little over three weeks to go for E3. I suggest you to wait for there and see what Bohemia have in their mind. We might also get little things before E3.

arma 3 dayz is not really the best dayz experience for now. they need to improve on a lot of things. while dayz for arma 2 was getting polished for more than a year. the arma 3 version just kicked off not long ago. they dont even have all of the features working there yet.

i suggest you should wait for the standalone.

• Like 1

DayZ be it the mod or Stand alone and Arma3 are completely different. I cant say much about the ported DayZ mod for Arma3. Dont know how far along it is. But if its still at the same place I last read about, im sure it wont be ready by the time standalone comes out.

imo wait for DayZ to be released as a stand alone.

Yep. If you are impatient then you can download Arma2 for peanuts from Steam.

Arma2 DayZ has become far more stable and the variation of mods are huge - for those reasons I would suggest diving into that for now.

If you are the patient type however wait for the standalone but God knows when that will be ready or even in beta.

Buy the standalone; the A3 version isn't half of what the A2 version is. Imagine A2 with twice the bugs and graphical eye candy. Is one worth the other? Plus the standalone will have the most effective attention when updated.

• Like 1

I've said this so many times. But ArmA for ArmA.

ArmA is a beautiful, extensive game, and it's not worth it to but it for a mod that has a S.A. coming out in the near future.

So if you want ArmA for DayZ, then don't waste your money, but if you want ArmA (2 or 3) or ArmA, then DO IT NAO.

Speaking of which, I still need to get A3.

Well, thanks everyone for the answers!

I pretty much want ArmA for DayZ.

I've found a friend of mine who owns both 'ArmA II' and 'ArmA II:OA' and is not playing them anymore, so he's willing to lend me his Steam account to download both and then the CdKey for Arrowhead thereafter for me to use and play DayZ until the Standalone is out.

Edited by theanti

I did have this same problem few days ago, but i bought arma2. i will buy dayz standalone later when it comes but dayz is not so good for arma3 yet AND there is playinf 1,437,741 players playing dayz so if dayz comes for arma3 there's still ALOT players for arma2. but this is how i see things. if you cant wait for standalone buy arma2, thats what i did.

Pro tip: ArmA 3 DayZ isn't actually DayZ. It's a direct port of the mod, hardly anyone plays it and it's buggy and unstable, particularly while ArmA III is still alpha.

Just buy ArmA II and then buy SA when it comes out. Trust me, it will be a whole lot better.