CokeBoyDanny

I need some help with running Dayz better.

My computer was REALLY slow and i just dont know what type of settings i should have to run the game decently :( . Im gunna pose the Specs and hopefully somebody kind enough can actually help me out :] Thanks for looking at my post and im looking forward to some help Thanks guys.

• Description
    • This Acer Aspire X1 desktop features AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics that deliver detailed images and offers 1TB of hard drive space for storing your music, movies, documents and more. The DVD+RW/CD-RW drive makes it easy to create custom CDs and DVDs.

• Product Name: Acer E-450 1.65 GHz Desktop | AX1430G-UW30P
  • Product Number: AX1430G-UW30P
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
  • Processor Manufacturer: AMD
  • Processor Model: E-450
  • Processor Core: Dual-core
  • Processor Speed: 1.65 GHz
  • Cache: 1 MB
  • 64-bit Processing: Yes
  • Chipset Manufacturer: AMD
  • Chipset Model: A45 Fusion
  • Standard Memory: 4 GB
  • Memory Standard: DDR3-1333/PC3-10600
  • Memory Card Reader: Yes
  • Memory Card Supported: Memory Stick PRO
  • Total Hard Drive Capacity: 1 TB
  • Hard Drive RPM: 5400

If you guys need any extra information. Just let me know and ill post it . thanks <3

There's really not much we can do. The graphics card is years old (it was outdated when it came out), and the processor is... ouch. The only thing you can do is buy some upgrades.

Edited by colekern
  • Like 2

Alright and thank you very much for giving my post some time, What upgrades can i do ? i'm willing to pay a couple bucks to play my games in peace :]

to be honest with u, ur current computer is nowhere close to being fit for gaming.

and the closest "couple bucks" to get it there would be about 300$, on a new cpu and a new graphics card, not to say that you may also need a new motherboard and so on..

good luck with that

Edited by h3retic

Yeaahh, a couple of bucks won't get you very far. Good processors are around ~$200 - $300, and good graphics cards are around ~$200 - $400.

You would need at least 3.0GHz of CPU speed to run ArmA relatively smooth and GPUs should be somewhere around 7850+ for Radeon or 660+ for Nvidia cards.

Edited by dulix11
  • Like 1

So basically my computer is trash ? and maybe i can sell my computer and buy a new one ? I just need to know what are some good computers to game and maybe you guys can give me some ideas on what computer i can buy that are decent amount of cash

This one by Asus is probably the cheapest I could find on Newegg thought I wish they had a larger selection of i5's as they tend to be cheaper:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220251

I'm an Intel/Nvidia guy so if you go that route I'd recommend that you look at Asus, Lenovo, or Origin PC (the guy who runs this company started alienware.) That is, if you want a pre-built system. If you want someone to custom build you a PC, check around and price some local PC shops. I run one in my area and they can start off around $750+ for a decent i5 setup.

How about a Alienware computer ?, I prefer to pay monthly and just pay the whole price in one shot.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/fs

I thought maybe one of these are pretty good . Im not a hardcore gamer but i would like a nice computer that i can play DayZ with :]

Edited by CokeBoyDanny

That would be much better for gaming.

Selling your computer might get you $20. You could build a pretty good computer for ~$1000.

Yeah build your own PC if your willing to spend $1000 on a Alienware rig just build your own and im sure it would be a lot better than the AW. Could even cheat by putting a Alienware sticker on it afterwards. :P