nickpicks56

Stupidest thing you've ever done in DayZ?

My idiot moment(one of many): I was about to give my buddy a transfusion and accidentally shot him in the leg with my CZ550 when the options menu disappeared.

After this I was "encouraged" to bind the menu select button to another button since my middle mouse button does not work and I had used mouse1 for the options menu.

• Like 1

Drove a party bus. Full of recruits. Music was great though.

I had graduated from flight school 101 and decided to move onto flight school 102; landing in tight places.

Takeing the huey I had claimed on one of the servers I played on. The server owners clan was letting me be independent but use thier base, I decided I would go and restock the medical tent. Clans suck when you have members who take but never put back. So I take my huey and go down to berenzino to the hospital. After taking my time with autohover on and all that stuff I line up and land on the roof. I am pretty close to the edge but think nothing of it. So I get out of the helicopet, and fall to the overhange over the entrance of the hospital. my vission is now blurry, every thing is gray, when I look down my sights I'm shaking and I have no medical supplies on me at all. And now one I trust to call for help. So, I roll right over the edge and pass out on the ground.

So here I am, right in front of the hospital, passed out, no friends, and zombies all around. I wake up and then relize I need a tin can to get passed the glass. You talk about being stupid, I should have lined up better and avoided that whole situation.

I was in Cherno climbing the biggest building when suddenly someone started shooting at me, it was fairly inaccurate, but climbing down was going reallllly slow, so I clicked the "slide down ladder" option..........

I respawned in Kamenka....

Edited by BongMcPuffin
  • Like 1

It was a fine, sunny day in Chenarus and me and my friend had spotted a heli. We decided to follow the heli and to see where it was going because it was acting suspiciously (following us and randomly hovering). The heli was just hovering in a field for about ten minutes. naturally we approached it to see if it was going to land maybe to pick someone up. I was sitting in a small bush while my friend was further back behind me, we were just watching the heli when suddenly I spot a small boxed shape object in the road ( can you guess what is going to happen?). I thought "is that an ammo box" so i went over to it and I discovered it was a satchel charge! At this time I was thinking "I'm gonna defuse/disarm it!" I got up from a crouching position to a standing one so i could get the option to defuse/disarm it when suddenly... BANG!! I was dead. I Sat at my computer staring at the screen thinking "what the fuck just happened?!?!?". If any can get any more stupid than that I will be surprised!

My stupidist thing done in DayZ just so happened to be earlier this week. I found a beat up UAZ in the little cargo area just outside Electro on the beach. Everything needed to be fixed so I made many trips into Electro getting pieces together and fixing it up another civ car wreak was nearby so I was stashing all the loot I came upon in it so that if anyone came across the highly desirable Jeep while I was fixing it up, my newly found stuff wouldnt get stolen.

I spent a good amount of time getting it fixed and gassed up, YAY!, so I get in and drive across the way a bit to the civ car. Get out and start transfering stuff into the UAZ. I put my m-16 in the UAZ and a few zombies have aggro'd and starting to close. I have my MK-17 on me but dont want to waste the ammo so I switch over to a m1911, kill a zed but the other hits me, no big deal I think. I start to move out a bit to get space and he hits me again and breaks a leg. Crap! I need to reload so I roll away and stupidly roll under the UAZ. I cant move out from under the UAZ. I need to reload so I try to do that and the damn zed knocks me out.

Im sweating out the wait hoping to wake up again, reload and kill the zed. Well I glitch, cant reload, and it wont let me switch out my weapon. It goes through the animation but Im still stuck with an empty m1911. I died, screaming at the comp.

Spawn near Balota, immediately take off towards Electro. Screw everything, I dont use cover or get off the beach I just try to make it there as soon as I can. I get there and the Uaz is gone, the civ car is looted, and my corpse has been picked clean.

Lose great weaps, a fully gassed up UAZ, all my survival gear because I just really needed all those foodstuffs. I've taken a few days off from DayZ since then. It was truly a series of stupid decisions on my part with a little bad luck, but it was a horrible beat and am having a bit of a hard time letting go of it. lol :(

Landing an Osprey with the landing gear up. Seriously, I landed like a dainty butterfly and burst into flames.

my most stupid moment came within the first month of playing. I headed up to the furthest most nothern western part of the map deciding to explore. On my way over a hill i spotted a chicken, seeing as how i needed to eat eventually i decided to kill said chicken but do it without using any ammo. I decided to drop my DMR i had found with the 6 clips. (mind you i had never aquired one of these the best i had found was i think an akm) So here i am running after the chicken with an axe, killed it gutted it then ran backwards trying to figure out how far away from the gun i ran.....

half an hour later i abandoned the search and ran away with my head held in shame.....and 2 peices of chicken to show for it......

now i stay away from the chickens X.X the fowl beasties!!!!