Chmunk

Spawned items and structures on Chicago 3

Not entirely sure this is the right section, so if not, feel free to move it, just didn't feel like it should go into bug reports.

All the text below relates to this gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/qrUip

After laying a brick and crashing my game (damn windows key) from some sudden lethal gunshots on US4, I spawned back onto Chicago 3 at Kamenka. From here I ran through the valley towards Pavlovo, only to spot a water tower, like the one at Stary Sobor, in the distance.

After confirming with a friend who still had a map that there was no water tower anywhere in the area, I approached to find what had to have been a number of spawned structures (water tower, bunker, shipping containers, supply crate).

After making sure the area was clear of whoever had created these objects, I moved in and found a crate that contained pretty much every US rifle I would expect to find in the mod. Also full disclosure, at the request of a friend, I grabbed one of the M249's for him.

My best guess is this camp is used by people as a place to grab higher-level weapons after a death while they move north, with the water tower acting as an easy to spot marker.

I don't expect anything can really be done about this without player names or any other information, but I feel something like this should be pointed out to people.

I know that I played on chicago 3 for 3 hours tonight and found spawns to be messed up. Also only 30-40 zombies max.

It's not. It was perpetuated using third party tools by individuals who have since been identified. It will be remedied.

Confirmed that the dev's know about it and its being addressed. It isn't hacking, it is abusing a server exploit.

Well keep in mind there were several other people doing this. Some from a clan with a large presence on DayZ (ahem). Admins definitely know how the exploiters were doing it.

the problem is originally caused because of the Server owner: monkey or something like that,

he own 3 Servers at chicago, and he did not set the server settings to instantly kick all mods who are not running in the server.

This is still happening.

I was watching a live stream tonight where two guys were running around together. Both had the 24 slot backpacks, NVGs, and assault rifles. The streamer had the M4 CCO, couldn't see what the other had. Yes its possible they found them, but those items are rare to my understanding.

Someone commented on the NVGs and the streamer said he wasn't talking about it on the stream. Later the streamer got sniped, and his friend logged out and said something about going to a specific server and "spawning".

Please do something so this great mod doesn't get ruined by a handful of players.

Also, please make it so scrolling the mouse wheel to get the action menu up while panning the mouse doesn't show characters in the distance, even if they are behind cover.