Sign in to follow this  
Reo

Am I allowed to kick/ban due to retarded names?

So if someone named "Hitl0r" would join my server, would I be allowed to kick/ban?

I've seen a few people get kicked for names including names that weren't stupid (Even moderators on this forum agreed it was ok) so I'd assume it's ok.

However, on the rules page it says kicking for any reason isn't ok unless racism or disturbance to the server.

I ban for offensive names, but I warn first. If they don't change it, I ban them.

I'm not tolerating people calling themselves 'Moth3rfuck3r' or 'McFaggy' or 'Fuckfags', all three of which have been seen on my server before. There is no reason to call yourself something like that if you don't have malicious intentions. It takes only one person to take offense at the name, and then I'm left to deal with the headache.

I also can't ban people for malicious talk in the chat, but allow equally offensive and/or bigoted character names.

I'd ban out-right for an internationally offensive or racist name. Let them go elsewhere.

I ban for offensive names' date=' but I warn first. If they don't change it, I ban them.

I'm not tolerating people calling themselves 'Moth3rfuck3r' or 'McFaggy' or 'Fuckfags', all three of which have been seen on my server before. There is no reason to call yourself something like that if you don't have malicious intentions. It takes only one person to take offense at the name, and then I'm left to deal with the headache.

I also can't ban people for malicious talk in the chat, but allow equally offensive and/or bigoted character names.

[/quote']

BUT BUT GUISEZZZ!!!

YOU CAN'T BAN FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT IS ON THE LIST!!!

I'M GONNA GET YOUR SERVURS BLACKZLISTED!!!!!oneoneelventy-one!!!111

Okay, so how to kick with a reason? I thought a "reason box" would appear but didn't.

I always used Side to warn them, but that's kinda an issue now, seeing as Side is removed. How do server admins go about warning players now?

I always used Side to warn them' date=' but that's kinda an issue now, seeing as Side is removed. How do server admins go about warning players now?

[/quote']

This is the issue I'm facing. Outside of running RCON and alt+tabbing out to warn, it's tedious attempting to warn people. BEC doesn't even work unless someone is nearby.

I'M GONNA GET YOUR SERVURS BLACKZLISTED!!!!!oneoneelventy-one!!!111

Personally, I'd ban 'em just for typing stupid crap like that, but hey its not my server....

I always used Side to warn them' date=' but that's kinda an issue now, seeing as Side is removed. How do server admins go about warning players now?

[/quote']

If you log in as an admin on your server, you can use global chat. That's how I warn my players.

Ah, I never knew that. Thanks man!