robersdee

Seriously what happened Rocket?

You damn whiny bitch OP. It's in Alpha FFS. It's nowhere near done and maybe his whole intention in the first place was to add more. (Hint: That's usually the point..) You are playing an incomplete game. I wish people would get the hell over that fact and move on. If you don't like the game don't play it nobody is asking for your shitty opinion.

Hey morons,

An alpha means you give feedback and bug reports when a new build is released. This guy gave some feedback. Screaming "it's an alpha" makes you sound like a fucking retard.

Hey morons' date='

An alpha means you give feedback and bug reports when a new build is released. This guy gave some feedback. Screaming "it's an alpha" makes you sound like a fucking retard.

[/quote']

It's redundant. It's the exact same feedback/bug reports as the other 10 threads. He even went far enough to say the mod is shit and he is quiting and will be back in a year. I hardly think that is constructive. This is why you see everyone lashing out at him. It's something they have read over and over again.

Here's a tip' date=' and I really hope you all read this; All the experimenting is happening now. When this game becomes an official release down the track, it will be the feedback we get now that shapes what kind of game it will be then.

Stick at it, make your criticisms constructive, and help shape the game to come...

[/quote']

A little elucidation from rocket as to what kind of game he's making instead of completely vague bullshit which causes conflicting playerbases to argue with each other would go a long fucking way.

Is he planning on including friend/trust lists? black lists? What kind of social fabric does he envision for the game?

If he's planning on making a sandbox PvP game, let people know. If not, we can move on.

Why do soooooo many people have trouble understanding what an alpha test is.... seriously all these people acting like this is a live release or something lol.

Everyone keeps on going on about alpha testing. Developing in an alpha stage is ironing out the core mechanics of the game (zombie movement, detection, server/client syncing etc.) not adding stuff like hatchets for melee and end up breaking everything.

Unfortunately for Rocket he ended up with a popular mod too early, if it were just being tested by a small group on one server then this would have been awesome to play as a beta with everything a bit smoother.

Right now the mod is trying to run before it can walk.

I honestly had more fun in 1.6 than any other game. I've not really enjoyed this mod since 1.7. Thing is, if it keeps on like this, eventually people will tire and the buzz the mod has generated will die down because people will become frustrated by playing more than anything else. There needs to be more than one person on this mod and it needs some private testing before releasing to the public.

I seriously think he should roll back to 1.6 and then privately test the newer patches on one server with select people.

Why do soooooo many people have trouble understanding what an alpha test is.... seriously all these people acting like this is a live release or something lol.

I think the reason is we are getting an influx of people who saw Dayz youtube vids and brought Arma II just for this mod thinking it was some fully released game made by a corporation that just happened to be free...

That's not a crime btw. And a lot of them have never been in a nodding community before. This may be the first game they modded.

None of that is a crime either. but it's also not anyone elses fault that a lot of you didn't do your homework / research before you ran out and brought Arma II etc. A simple visit to this site first would have told you that this is a Mod in Alpha testing.

Also if you had played Arma II before Dayz you would realise a lot of things are not the mod but the result of the Arma game itself.

Hard fact is that sadly over 60% of the people playing this game are not cut out for Release candidates let alone beta's or Alphas. They just don't have the right attitude and approach and get wound up far too easy when the crap hits the fan and they lose their character.

I just had my best day in DayZ today, so yeah. Just because a few of you having a bad time don't mean everyone is or it should be rolled back. Sounds like to me that you are suffering from burnout? Take a break and come back fresh in a while, nothing wrong with that.

Here's a tip' date=' and I really hope you all read this; All the experimenting is happening now. When this game becomes an official release down the track, it will be the feedback we get now that shapes what kind of game it will be then.

Stick at it, make your criticisms constructive, and help shape the game to come...

[/quote']

A little elucidation from rocket as to what kind of game he's making instead of completely vague bullshit which causes conflicting playerbases to argue with each other would go a long fucking way.

Is he planning on including friend/trust lists? black lists? What kind of social fabric does he envision for the game?

If he's planning on making a sandbox PvP game, let people know. If not, we can move on.

You've missed the point...he's barely planning anything (when it comes to game-play), he's listening to you guys and making adjustments.

about a month ago I found myself running through the countryside' date=' hours on end, doing literally nothing but travelling , surviving , looting and having one of the most unique and engrossing experiences I've had in a game, in ANY game. I've been a gamer for most of my life, and as I've gotten older I really started to lose interest in my hobby, my lifelong hobby.

Then I was gifted arrowhead by a friend who pointed me in the direction of a cool little mod, a sandbox zombie experience? count me the fu*k in!

and I played it from early beta( SORRY: Alpha, when you can't pick a valid argument, then pick up on a typo)

enjoyed it, looked past the small bugs and was truly blown away by this concept, I was playing a game where alot of the time I did nothing but run or walk and yet I couldn't stop.

I've sat in a deerstand at sunset with the rain pouring down and lightning flashed, a few zombies shambled around a barn in the distance, I scanned the horizon for life, and literally FELT like a survivor, gathered supplies and arms, ran through streets and got out of some serious scrapes, sure I've died alot but Its been a hell of a ride.

but.... as of late

this mod has gone to sh*t like major sh*t

its like a little kid painting a picture at elementary school, it gets to a point where its fine, it looks fine and works as a picture, then the kid keeps painting and painting because he thinks its fun, and ends up ruining it.

Rocket is that kid, he adds 5 new things that break another 10 things, rinse repeat this with almost every patch/hotfix, this was actually enjoyable around the 1.6 ish mark, it was challenging enough to punish new users, and also steady enough to keep veterans on their toes. zombie evading techniques were developed by players to survive and it was actually really really really engrossing.

now with every new patch its jumping the shark more and more, starting players with nothing but a bandage and painkillers? not fun. super agressive X-ray zombies? not fun. I fell over for no reason and broke my legs with a week old character with some truly great gear (gear I worked hard at getting) certainly not fun.

I may come back to this in a year or so, when It's in some playable and "fun" state, as of now its just got really fu*king old, really fu*king fast.

my 2 pence.

Rob

[/quote']

If you were a vet in the pre-1.7 days the game was easy. Like too easy. I got bored until they made it harder.

and I played it from early beta( SORRY: Alpha' date=' when you can't pick a valid argument, then pick up on a typo)[/quote']

A typo is when you miss a letter or transpose a couple of letters. You cannot commit a typo in typing "alpha" that would result in "beta". You simply don't know the difference, don't care, and are too lazy and stupid to understand the difference. Now you whine and complain that experimental software doesn't work perfectly. Get over yourself, crybaby.

I agree that the original poster went a bit to far and became overly emotional. But this doesn't change the fact that the last few mods have come close to making the game unplayable. This is the message that was trying to be sent. This is the kind of message that rocket needs. Give them some time to evaluate it and make additional changes. If your completely frustrated like me, take a break for a week or a month; play something else. Then come back to evaluate the progress...put in your two cents again.

With that said, I do feel that the current game design is somewhat disjointed. Are you attempting to make a survivor game or a PvP death match type of game. I would think that survival rates in minutes instead of hours indicates that the current game is more a PvP death match than a survival game.

It's a zombie survival game, not stick in a city and shoot everyone on sight for their bandages and painkillers deathmatch game.

Everyone keeps on going on about alpha testing. Developing in an alpha stage is ironing out the core mechanics of the game (zombie movement' date=' detection, server/client syncing etc.) not adding stuff like hatchets for melee and end up breaking everything.

Unfortunately for Rocket he ended up with a popular mod too early, if it were just being tested by a small group on one server then this would have been awesome to play as a beta with everything a bit smoother.

Right now the mod is trying to run before it can walk.

I honestly had more fun in 1.6 than any other game. I've not really enjoyed this mod since 1.7. Thing is, if it keeps on like this, eventually people will tire and the buzz the mod has generated will die down because people will become frustrated by playing more than anything else. There needs to be more than one person on this mod and it needs some private testing before releasing to the public.

I seriously think he should roll back to 1.6 and then privately test the newer patches on one server with select people.

[/quote']

Uhm no what your talking about is beta testing, alpha testing is about adding new features and breaking the game. After alpha testing is done alot of devs will put a feature lock on the game and start dealing with all the bugs and make all the features work and make sure all the smaller things that they neglected get fixed and expand existing features.

Alpha is nothing more then the first playable version of a game, normally we as gamers don't get to see this stage at all because alot of people cant or will not accept the game going from sort of working to being close to impossible to play.

Greetz Solid

That would be FAR too sane Oshi, what the fuck are you thinking.

The only problem I have with the OP's statement' date=' is that [...']

Huh, what I understood :

"The only problem I have with the OP's statement, is that [i disagree with every single thing he said]"

;P

Or :

"The only problem I have with the OP's statement, is that [he is just utterly breaking my balls]"

Or :

"The only problem I have with the OP's statement, is that [i haven't even read it and don't give a fuck]"

Just kidding of course, but I'm edging on seriously "hijacking" that quote :P

Rocket - Please here me out. I have never not liked a feature/change you have put in. But this one sucks.

We are not lumber jacks falling whole trees. In a survival situation it makes NO SENSE to carry a large 2 handed axe that would hinder your ability to travel with a weapon. Especially when you have small hand hatchets more than sufficient to cut wood for fires. Small hatchets that can be stuck in your belt, hung on your vest the works. For example http://www.gerber-tools.com/Gerber-Camp-Axe-5905.htm

Thats just not smart survival. And since you previously had it as a small tool which makes more sense, to change it into this behemoth just for melees sake is ridiculous.

Me and many others see the importance of your awesome raw meet mechanics. However, chopping wood is not worth lugging Paul bunions finest piece around in lew of my rifle. No self respecting survivalist would.

Please bring back the small hand hatchet.

@OP Agreed, after putting lots of time and work into the game as a team all of our hearts sank as this new patched stole our weapons and gave us Maks. Alpha Testing is one thing, blindly creating a patch and pissing off the masses is trolling.

At the people leaving shit like "L2ADAPT PLOX HURHURHUR," eat a dick, you're a troll or autist moron.

@OP Agreed' date=' after putting lots of time and work into the game as a team all of our hearts sank as this new patched stole our weapons and gave us Maks. Alpha Testing is one thing, blindly creating a patch and pissing off the masses is trolling.

At the people leaving shit like "L2ADAPT PLOX HURHURHUR," eat a dick, you're a troll or autist moron.

[/quote']

The guys who are dick riding DayZ are going to run off the potential gaming population. The Aces High community learned that the hard way. All the veterans were absolute cock-smokes to the new guys and BAM - new people ceased to come and stay, the older folks passed away or got bored of the game...now it's having a hard time staying afloat.

There is a difference in supporting a game and being a pompous ass. The latter will quote me or reply with some asinine reply at which point I'll LOL - wish cancer on them in my mind and go upon my day.

I do agree with the OP, I do agree with the 1.6 roll back and then move 1.7 to private testing and I do agree that the trolls need to be burned to death after being forced to feed upon their relatives raw flesh.

5 stars for the thread.

A middle finger for the trolls.

A sandwich from my woman.

I couldn't give a single fuck about what they're gonna say to me.

Where's my mother fuckin' popcorn?

popcorn.gif

----

Quick Edit: Do I think, Rocket deserves all the negativity? No. The man has done an incredible job....but when something is as broken as that last patch....don't try to "hot fix" it....revert it all back and do a thorough look through. I understand this is Alpha and I know it will be incredibly buggy.

Hell I'm in Closed Beta testing for WoWP, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and Mech Warrior Online - those are just the closed betas I'm in RIGHT now. Testing is nothing. The bugs are nothing. I understand it all....but there is a time when back tracking is the only way to find your destination.

He's right, it was great at 1.6, but the recent update to 1.7.4 really fucked me over, lost everything since the zombies can now hear me/see me at night running easier than they can hear my gunfire. guess I'll wait till it gets reverted/fixed

He's right' date=' it was great at 1.6, but the recent update to 1.7.4 really fucked me over, lost everything since the zombies can now hear me/see me at night running easier than they can hear my gunfire. guess I'll wait till it gets reverted/fixed

[/quote']

You have just perfectly performed your role, and made a valid point in your opinion about what you like/dislike. Why give up now when you are doing so well??

guess I'll wait till it gets reverted/fixed

That's what my clan is doing. I'd like to keep testing to help find bugs but....there's a line and we had to draw it.

Rocket, listen to me. Man up, and admit you made a mistake. Rollback to 1.7.0 which was just fine. Maybe there is something salvageable from 1.7.1 but we'll never know if we keep going forward from here. Rollback and just change one or two things at a time, and if then if the game gets broken, you'll have a much better idea of what it is. I feel like maybe you went for a home run with this last set of patches but you ended up striking out.

And give noobs their starting pistol back. I had been in teamspeak all day with new guys who were just so excited about playing the game only to get aggroed by a zombie and just hearing the deflation in their voices it was so demoralizing. Like they had been neutered. I will never recommend to someone they start playing this game, a shooter game, if that is going to be their first experience, i just won't.