Just a quick suggestion. It may have been said before but it needs to be said again. Let water bottles/canteens have 3 or at least 2 uses, right now they require to much effort having to fill them up, make a fireplace and then boil them before you can use them. Its easier to just carry around sodas instead of space wasting canteens. That being said I don't want them removed just improved. I would love to carry around a single canteen that is filled and boiled and can be used 3 times rather than take up space with coke's and pepsi's.

• Like 8

I agree completely with your idea. To expand on it; i think you should also be able to hold different liquids in it, It could be filled with achohol (for a low level painkiller), coffee (For low level night-vision or being more attentive/alert) or it could be used to hold a VERY small amount of fuel, enough to give a motorbike or ATV enough to get to another town.One other thought, i think it would be really cool to be able to poison or infect another players canteen so that he/she can be killed stealth-fully. I strongly agree with your idea sir, you have my beans!

• Like 2

I fill mine with Orloks sweat, that way i only need to open it to feel refreshed.

• Like 6

Make them rarer and more useful on top of being reusable? Plus the new "You are what you eat" system will make things interesting; filling up my water bottle will be for more than giggles.

• Like 1

I like this idea.

There would surely be some alcohol and powdered coffee round the place

I fill mine with Orloks sweat, that way i only need to open it to feel refreshed.

I filled mine with his blood last night after I rammed a little bird into a fence going 185.

• Like 1

Make them rarer and more useful on top of being reusable? Plus the new "You are what you eat" system will make things interesting; filling up my water bottle will be for more than giggles.

That's what I was thinking, rarer but more useful. Something that will actually make you be bothered to pick up canteens and boil them.

That's what I was thinking, rarer but more useful. Something that will actually make you be bothered to pick up canteens and boil them.

Now if they just add under barrel shotguns...

I want a shotgun mounted to my shotgun on top of a shotgun.

I agree completely with your idea. To expand on it; i think you should also be able to hold different liquids in it, It could be filled with achohol (for a low level painkiller), coffee (For low level night-vision or being more attentive/alert) or it could be used to hold a VERY small amount of fuel, enough to give a motorbike or ATV enough to get to another town.One other thought, i think it would be really cool to be able to poison or infect another players canteen so that he/she can be killed stealth-fully. I strongly agree with your idea sir, you have my beans!

What?? Coffee gives you Night Vision??

On a side note i agree completely.

I filled mine with his blood last night after I rammed a little bird into a fence going 185.

Yeah you did.

• Like 1

Yeah you did.

I also made sacrifice of you and derpy to gozer

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

I have a canteen exactly like the one in DayZ. The military doesn't use the style any more, but I think it's better than the standard issue 'waterbed backpacks' they're using today. The canteen can hold quite the amount of water for its size. It looks small but can last a few days. If they did this for DayZ that would be great.

Although in one of the devblogs/pax interviews I caught dean saying something about a new water bottle and how it looked great. I think since they're taking the SA to more of a civilian point of view, that might mean the water bottles would be the dumb clear plastic ones.

Edited by mullraugh

make them equipable, so they dont take your inventory space, and they can be used 3 times before it's all empty.

Cause a standart canteen can carry 1L of water, while a soda usually have 300~350mL.

How about being able to drink your own urine, just like Bear Grillis did in an episode in the desert. Though, instead of putting his pee in a canteen, he used a freshly killed snake as a container. Yummy.

• Like 1

MMMM sweet sweet Orlok juice