filas02

Have I been up north for too long?

After about 30 days worth of playing stealthy, getting the best weapons and equipment. I had also earned a very fancy looking hero skin in my past life.

I got teleported to the beach yet, I did still have all of my gear, my entire arsenal.

I saw that I was just south of Elektro, I decided to take a quick look into the city to see is there was anyone I could help.

I went by the Hospital to restock on Morphine and blood packs, then I heard shots being fired from Sniper hill. I ran into the orange house behind the hopital, scouting out the hill, couldn't see anything.

I did however, see a survivor passed out in the High Value residential house.

I began sprinting towards him, praying to god that the sniper wasn't watching. When I had entered the building, the survivor had awoken.

I told him "I'm here to give you morphine and blood packs, I'm not here to hurt you"

He raised his Makarov, and began firing. I was now screaming "Friendly! Friendly!"

I quickly gabbed my carbine, quickly firing several rounds into him. He continued to lay fire upon me.

When I then died (20 rounds later)

He fell to the floor as well.

Why keep interactions in the game when it's not working properly :(

This is beginning to question if it's worth it to even go near other players, if you have to find decent people here on the forum.

I have not had any major luck with finding decent players in the world of Dayz, I know I've met several decent people but there are too many people who shoots on sight and isn't even communicating in any way.

I'll meet you at Lake Prud.

• Like 3

I met a guy at the Balota apartment (?) he pointed a shotgun at me, but didn't shoot, then we teamed up and traversed the coast for a while, then we lost each other, then I found him. Then he died, then I logged off.

Shame there isn't more friendly people like him. Its just too easy to be a bandit, I hope theres something to counter it in the SA.

Just because you're friendly doesn't mean other players are. Especially the RDMers that hang around the coast, lol.

If you're gonna make contact with someone then make sure you have the upper hand and could easily kill them if need be.

• Like 2

But, shouldn't the game promote "teamwork" ?

This is something I'd love to see in SA :(

Also, I'v met several amazing people in Dayz whom I've teamed up with. But those moments are far too rare. The game gives the player the upmost freedom to do what ever you please, which is why this issue is so damn difficult to deal with.

It's a sandbox, it should promote 'do whatever you want'. Maybe in the standalone the fact that zombies are a real threat will make people more keen on teaming up with others though, that's the way it worked in DayZ+.

• Like 2

how the fuck were you south of elektro, do you enjoy swimming?

Sure, it's easier to find good people on the forums and arrange to meet in-game but that doesn't neccessarily mean that if they're not here they're bad.

One time I had a zombie train behind me and I started running into the forest north of Chernogorsk; a ghillied chap emerged from the woods and mowed down all the zombies chasing me with his M4 or whatever it was, and then just left.

Zombies should be more of a threat and give some kind of "reward" for killing. (I am a World of Warcraft player so I do like my pve : D)

Damnit, now I just sound like a guy who wants Fallout online...

BLOODY HELL!

Okay, new topic. Who wants Fallout online <------

But really, how amazing would it be?

We had a very similar night last night on my server UK410.

We finally repaired a huey but needed some more bits just to be sure, headed into cherno, and we were hit but 2 players, one with a Lee the other with a AKM, anyhow, 6 of us jumped out and tried to find them, they took 3 of us down before we got them.

We caught a glimpse of another player, we treated him as hostile but opened comms and in the end we invited him into the chopper and cruised up norf, so sometimes comms are ruddy good, just need to hold that rifle steady and at them while talking!

d.

It’s these interactions that keep me playing. The psychology of this mod still fascinates me. It’s the ultimate apocalypse sim because it replicates real life.

Put yourself in that survivor’s shoes: you’re hit bad/bleeding/passed out. Suddenly you come round and see someone approaching. Is it the shooter coming to claim their prize? Is it an opportunist coming to pick your bones? Is it a good Samaritan coming to patch you up? Do you give up, or fight to your last breath in the hope that this person has life saving assets you can plunder?

I don’t condone is actions, but as with nature, a wounded animal is a dangerous thing to be around. You can't blame him for his aggression.

• Like 1

It’s these interactions that keep me playing. The psychology of this mod still fascinates me. It’s the ultimate apocalypse sim because it replicates real life.

Put yourself in that survivor’s shoes: you’re hit bad/bleeding/passed out. Suddenly you come round and see someone approaching. Is it the shooter coming to claim their prize? Is it an opportunist coming to pick your bones? Is it a good Samaritan coming to patch you up? Do you give up, or fight to your last breath in the hope that this person has life saving assets you can plunder?

I don’t condone is actions, but as with nature, a wounded animal is a dangerous thing to be around. You can't blame him for his aggression.

Couldnt agree more, last night showed us that a good mix of players makes a very strong case for this game, its just so dynamic based on us and the decisions we make.

d.

Zombies should be more of a threat and give some kind of "reward" for killing. (I am a World of Warcraft player so I do like my pve : D)

Damnit, now I just sound like a guy who wants Fallout online...

BLOODY HELL!

Try DayZ Origins.

There you get humanity for killing zombies

But, how can we see this from a "real" view when none of us can actually be in that position, we can only speculate what we would do. I don't think real survivors would run into cities filled with zombies, or laying down on the top of Elektro hill, sniping people off for no decent reason. I would love for this game to become something more than just a Zombie FPS, at the start of this game when it was filled with exploration and encounters I could see myself surviving a zombie apocolypse and act in that sense.

This game has so very much potential to become a brilliant game, I truly do hope that it will revolutionice the way people develop games in the future.

Real life in a zombie filled world will more than likely be very drull and boring to begin with, hermit heading out to gather food, drink, thats it.

Then after a period of time, after the fear of the Zeds is lower, more people will venture out, and thats where the game changes, kill or be killed.

What do you have to protect in a game?

I bet if (and this would be very extreme and controversial) you were killed, your cd key was void. Bam, done. You either had to buy another or just dont play.

Currently death holds little fear, we just spawn and live again.

Life needs to be rewarded, live for 10 days, your blood capacity is larger (more hit points in effect), live 20 days you are able to drink water without fear of disease.

You know, all just ideas of a tea drinking Brit.

d.

• Like 1

It's very true, I'm just here trying to get a discussion going. I would HOPE that they make life more valuabe, and killing more difficult (in Dayz).

Realism is the future of this game, and what will make it bloody excellent.

• Like 2

as long as you can respawn at the coast 5 seconds after you get killed, people wont act realistic. And that's where every survival simulator hits a brick wall of immersion.

I think you're right for saying currently death holds little fear, we just spawn and live again, but i don't blame the devs. it's just a game. And people will always behave accordingly.

There might be some disturbed persons going out irl shooting people for no reason, but i sincerely hope the amount of these is waaay lower than the amount of bandits in DayZ

A lot of people seem to agree with the sentiment of the game is that since its a sandbox you can play however you want. This isn't the case. It may have been at the time of creation, but not now. The fact of the matter is that KoS players restrict other players from playing how they want to. A lot of new players are born into a KoS world and adopt that because they haven't been exposed to other playstyles because they get killed on the coast. This leads to more KoS and introduces more new players to it. Give it a term like "banditry" and that makes it more appealing to new players. By this point the cycle has completely overshadowed other playstyles and my hope is that the SA fixes this. Until then, I'm sticking to things in regular Arma like the Life missions. There you can actually roleplay and not get shot on sight like (not trying to be some old bitter fart) the good ol' days.

I think your mistake was assuming, just because someone is in need of medical attention, that they are a friendly. Here's what you do: Shout you are friendly, if no response, then don't even give them the time of day and move on. And even if they do respond, there's still a chance they'll shoot you when they're all nice and healed up.

Edited by eoswins

Real life in a zombie filled world will more than likely be very drull and boring to begin with, hermit heading out to gather food, drink, thats it.

Then after a period of time, after the fear of the Zeds is lower, more people will venture out, and thats where the game changes, kill or be killed.

What do you have to protect in a game?

I bet if (and this would be very extreme and controversial) you were killed, your cd key was void. Bam, done. You either had to buy another or just dont play.

Currently death holds little fear, we just spawn and live again.

Life needs to be rewarded, live for 10 days, your blood capacity is larger (more hit points in effect), live 20 days you are able to drink water without fear of disease.

You know, all just ideas of a tea drinking Brit.

d.

I just had the same sort of idea, but for the bandits. If you are a zealous, axe-weilding, murderous bandit and keep on killing people, surely your mental state would begin to suffer, perhaps some penalties are due for people who go around simply murdering everyone such as dizziness, hallucinations, have to eat and drink more, etc. Nothing extreme, but just enough to deter the rampant disregard for life.

I used to b friendly until i learned not to trust anyone

But, how can the developers make life more valuable? How can they give us a reason to fear death, and the harshness of killing?

(This is all in-game of course)

We need these guys: http://cinemart-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/dredd_judges-565x317.jpg

Seriously though, i allways thought that adding some kind of reward feature when you kill bandits would work. I believe alot of the people who play as bandits would get just as much fun out of hunting bandits, but why on earth would they? If something happened that encouraged people to "counter-bandit" it could make chernarus more versatile in playstyles, and maybe even make being a bandit more fun.

Punishments for bandits, reward for heroes. It still let you be bandit but it will be hard and challenging. I suggest that if you're hero you can spawn almost instantly but if you're bad bandit you can't spawn for X hours.