splehpnala

Attachments in DayZ

Thoughts on suggestion  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes!
    • Yes, with some changes.
    • No.

Find weapon attachments in the wilds of Chernarus(or Taviana, or Namalsk, etc.) and remove or drastically reduce the spawn rate of attachment weapons(such as m4a1 CCO SD). For example, to have an M4A1 CCO SD, you would need to find the M4, the CCO sight, and the 7.62mm silencer all separately.

"But what if my gun doesn't have a rail?" I hear you asking. My answer is duct tape. No, seriously. I mean taping an attachment you don't have a rail for to the gun. But turning too swiftly alot would detach the attachment, placing it in your pack(we've all heard the horror stories of disappearing backpacks, haven't we?). This would still be terribly inconvenient. But then you can find an attachment rail for your gun, which can't cause your attachment to fall off.

Why not a few new attachments?

Laser sight- Beam can be seen by people. Increases hip fire accuracy.

Sniper Scope: Self explanatory. Due to you guys' love for the Lee, why not tape a scope to it?

If you picked option 2 or 3 on the poll, why?

Read the dev notes for Christ's (or whomever deity's) sake!

• Like 1

Yea what he said ^

And I cant fucking disagree enough when I say

They shouldn't be epicly rare

I should be able to personalize my weapon withing 3-4 days of game-play...lets not pull a warz and make it so once you find that attachment you loose it 3 seconds later.

• Like 1

Please, use the search function, and the dev notes.

Also, you can't ductape things onto a gun, it would be similar to using paper mache to attach a car door.

• Like 1

Find weapon attachments in the wilds of Chernarus(or Taviana, or Namalsk, etc.) and remove or drastically reduce the spawn rate of attachment weapons(such as m4a1 CCO SD). For example, to have an M4A1 CCO SD, you would need to find the M4, the CCO sight, and the 7.62mm silencer all separately.

"But what if my gun doesn't have a rail?" I hear you asking. My answer is duct tape. No, seriously. I mean taping an attachment you don't have a rail for to the gun. But turning too swiftly alot would detach the attachment, placing it in your pack(we've all heard the horror stories of disappearing backpacks, haven't we?). This would still be terribly inconvenient. But then you can find an attachment rail for your gun, which can't cause your attachment to fall off.

Sniper Scope: Self explanatory. Due to you guys' love for the Lee, why not tape a scope to it?

A 7.62 calibre M4 wow gotta get me one of those.

• Like 1

Duct tape... a flashlight, okay, anything more... just no.

Duct taped scopes smack of Elite Team Fighting.

I2z7b2Z.jpg

G0oVALQ.jpg

• Like 2

Yea what he said ^

And I cant fucking disagree enough when I say

They shouldn't be epicly rare

I should be able to personalize my weapon withing 3-4 days of game-play...lets not pull a warz and make it so once you find that attachment you loose it 3 seconds later.

Scope, barrel, magazine, grip/foregrip, stock, ironsights, material quality. 7-8 modifiable attributes. Hell for Devs. :)

Duct tape... a flashlight, okay, anything more... just no.

Duct taped scopes smack of Elite Team Fighting.

I2z7b2Z.jpg

G0oVALQ.jpg

Looks like the most unreliable melting pot of death I have ever seen

• Like 1

Looks like the most unreliable melting pot of death I have ever seen

Well said.

Where did this monstrosity come from?

I love how the shells are taped to the side of the receiver so when you need to speed-load you need to fumble with getting the sticky shit off your shells. I dare not go on.

Anyway, as soon as I have my Enfield reassembled (getting refinished) I will personally tape a 3-9x scope to it and take it to the range for you.

Yes, I will get laughed at while doing this. I will fire a box of .303s at 100 yards and will let you know how it goes. My guess is, badly.

Mhmmm. Might have to try to take one of my Mosins out, with a duct taped bi-pod.

Well said.

Where did this monstrosity come from?

I love how the shells are taped to the side of the receiver so when you need to speed-load you need to fumble with getting the sticky shit off your shells. I dare not go on.

Anyway, as soon as I have my Enfield reassembled (getting refinished) I will personally tape a 3-9x scope to it and take it to the range for you.

Yes, I will get laughed at while doing this. I will fire a box of .303s at 100 yards and will let you know how it goes. My guess is, badly.

I bet the zeroing on that popcorn pistol's optics are accurate

• Like 1

If they made supressors actually sound like real supressors than I would like them

supressors still make a crack noise as the bullet breaks the sound barrier.

unless using subsonic ammo which would be quite asfuk

anyone who hasn't seen yet, oit filters can be used as supressors irl so, as far as ghetto attatchments go.

• Like 1

If they made supressors actually sound like real supressors than I would like them

supressors still make a crack noise as the bullet breaks the sound barrier.

JSRS my friend.

• Like 1

What if you took the attachment idea further with actually finding rail systems for ARs that you can actually put attachments on, but you could also tape them on. Also I think it would be cool to see complete gun mods added. So like long "sniper barrels" or full auto trigger assemblies. Things that really change the gun to personalize it.

If you followed the Dev blogs at all you would know that the gun mod system will be pretty basic

-different sights/clips types/stocks and possibly barrels

that is all you are going to see

And of coarse stuff like flashlights/laser sights silencers and all that jazz

I want the ability to make an all in one media centre, just attach items as you find them..

2z6dn45.jpg

There is still room to tape a Mak and some 'nades.

• Like 2

To have an M4A1 CCO SD, you would need to find the M4, the CCO sight, and the 7.62mm silencer all separately.

Just to be clear I picked 3.

This isn't Battlefield 3, it's arma, bullets go where there meant to, even if you're not aiming down the sights. Have you ever wondered what happens with guns in real life if you don't down aim down their sights? They still go where there barrels are pointed. There's no such thing as hip fire spread, it only exists in shitty games that need 'balance'.

If you add a laser beam, (not laser sight, this isn't optics we're talking about.) then it would show you directly where the bullet will go (if the target is within it's effective range.)

As for the Lee Enfield, you cannot simply tape a fucking scope on it and expect your rounds to go on target. How are you meant to zero the weapon? Not to mention the fact you have to self zero it by manually adjusting it with tape, then firing it until you get the sweet spot zeroed in. Which won't be a waste of ammo, or attract any attention?

Won't hurt to use the search function in the future.

A 7.62 calibre M4 wow gotta get me one of those.

AR-10. :| (I know it's not a carbine, shut up)

Anyways, we know this will be in the Standalone, so it's kinda useless to make these threads.

There's even an official thread for it: http://dayzmod.com/f...nt-suggestions/

(And please for the love of god, no taping scopes on.. You can only guess where your next hit lands, when the recoil knocks the scope around. There's a thing called rail)

Edited by Sutinen

I forsee a huge, HUGE fanbase for universal rails if weapon modularity comes into the game. It's easier to put rails on a gun and then put things on the rails than it is to just stick things on a gun. And you'd be surprised what you can put rails on. I've seen rail kits for M1 Garands and M1 carbines. Ugly and stupid, while defeating the purpose of owning such a beautiful vintage firearm, but the point is it can be done. Will all guns have them? No. Will most guns have them? No. The Chernarussian military probably doesn't put them on most of their guys' rifles (though there's the AKMN...), but if you luck out and scavenge yourself an Ultimak (Supramax? Sure. Let's go with that. No copyright infringement there :P ) rail kit in a gun store, you could swap the dust cover or gas tube of your AK for one with rails. The former can be done in nine seconds, the latter in thirty. Then you can go nuts with your accessories.

hmmm the m4a1 fires a 5.56 so you cant use a 7.62 supressor on it