Sign in to follow this  
CannedPakes

My First DayZ Experience With an UNfriendly Player

I was walking on the shore, and then I noticed something across a field. 2 silos. I begin running towards it, of course doing this to get away from zombies. So, I had finally got to the silos. Then I saw something else- a small air control tower. Now of course, even I knew this wasn't the NW Airfield. A climb up the ladder and hear a slight voice. I'm guessing he was in the woods across from the airfield, now that I think of it. He said, "I see you climbing that ladder, are you friendly?". I ignored for a second until I got into the air control tower. Then I saw the first gun I ever picked up- an AK-74. I was very excited. I boasted by replying about 30 seconds later with, "Yes, but I have an AK-74.". I'm kind of wondering now if that's what got me killed. So it had been about ten minutes, and the other player was silent. I completely lost all worries about him, since I thought I was a boss with my AK-74.I was walking straight through a field- then I was shot twice with what I think were 2 STANAG rounds.I got knocked out, and I was bleeding. I guess he thought he killed me, because I was able to get up and bandage myself. Right as I was about to run around the corner, I was shot again. I get around the corner, and there is one thing I notice. I was bleeding again. DEATH. This was yesterday, by the way.

Edited by CannedPakes
  • Like 1

Welcome to DayZ.

• Like 1

Love this quote "I completely lost all worries about him, since I thought I was a boss with my AK-74".

• Like 2

Wow ... he asked if you are friendly ? That doesn't happen very often. The most time it's KOS (Kill On Sight).

Edited by NoSurvive

"Yes, but I have an AK-74."

your fault if i heard that i would light you up the second you stepped out of the ATC.....

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 1

I was walking on the shore, and then I noticed something across a field. 2 silos. I begin running towards it, of course doing this to get away from zombies. So, I had finally got to the silos. Then I saw something else- a small air control tower. Now of course, even I knew this wasn't the NW Airfield. A climb up the ladder and hear a slight voice. I'm guessing he was in the woods across from the airfield, now that I think of it. He said, "I see you climbing that ladder, are you friendly?". I ignored for a second until I got into the air control tower. Then I saw the first gun I ever picked up- an AK-74. I was very excited. I boasted by replying about 30 seconds later with, "Yes, but I have an AK-74.". I'm kind of wondering now if that's what got me killed. So it had been about ten minutes, and the other player was silent. I completely lost all worries about him, since I thought I was a boss with my AK-74.I was walking straight through a field- then I was shot twice with what I think were 2 STANAG rounds.I got knocked out, and I was bleeding. I guess he thought he killed me, because I was able to get up and bandage myself. Right as I was about to run around the corner, I was shot again. I get around the corner, and there is one thing I notice. I was bleeding again. DEATH. This was yesterday, by the way.

players who promote KOS...... chopper flys over me i say are you friendly he says yes flys by and away lands in the woods, 2 minutes later snipes me and his excuse was "my friend says you shot at our heli" (i did no such thing), prepare to be backstabbed by assholes which is why alot will kill on sight.

players who promote KOS...... chopper flys over me i say are you friendly he says yes flys by and away lands in the woods, 2 minutes later snipes me and his excuse was "my friend says you shot at our heli" (i did no such thing), prepare to be backstabbed by assholes which is why alot will kill on sight.

why did you stay in the area?

My first experiance with an unfriendly player was in Elektro, when I was hosed down with an AK the second I got into the hospital.

I'm willing to bet it was probably your first spawn, too.

I think is a strong enough examination of the game in the first place.

I feel for ya man. On the one side I want to say "Don't get attached to your gear" but on the other shit like this just upsets me. Always has, always will. It's one thing to get shot in the chest turning a corner by someone who is "friendly" but its a real downer getting shot in the back running away by a "friendly"...then getting shot AGAIN trying to get away.

My first time my partner and I (I almost always play with a padre) ran into the long barn in that little farm east of Cherno. As soon as we stepped in a guy drew a bead on us from the other side (I had a Macaroni, mi padre was unarmed). The guy leaned to the right, leaned to the left, leaned to the right. I saluted. He peppered my partner and winged me. I ran outside and waited for him to try to flank me. That weak ass pea shooter of mine did next to nothing to him, his AK made short work of me. From that point on I learned to shoot first, ask questions later when someone puts you between the sight rails of their gun.

My First DayZ Experience With an UNfriendly Player?

Hm, first of all they were 3, had an heli and an hero was among them.

I had like 2 weeks of game experience on a private hive with 0-2 players online (panthera) and the help of a friend to understand the game mechanisms, so, it was enough to begin on the real DayZ chernarus map. I spawned, found an axe, kill 2-3 zombies in an house for a makarov and then I begin to run in the wood only to be chased by an heli an is machine gun. At one point they drop a guy, the hero, I don't know what killed me since the hero was shooting at me with is ak-74 and the heli gunner with is m240.. so yeah, I died, Welcome to 'Dayz'.

Edited by SixGunLover

"Yes, but I have an Ak-74" that was just plain stupid. That's most likely the reason they killed you.

Similar things have happened to me, but I wasn't dumb enough to tell them what weapon I had. Besides, look for an AKM. Its the best assault rifle in the game. But still, roadflares are better. If you told them you had roadflares, they'd piss their pants.

One thing to remember OP is that in DayZ you control the flow - of your own actions. Most often when a player queries your friend/foe status, they are going to be somewhere other than where they indicate, and very likely they will have you or the doorway you are about to exit, in their sights. Always proceed from place to place as if someone is aiming their sniper rifle at you. Never presume a player contact will work itself out for your own good. Take a few simple defensive measures, work them into your routine and when they've become second nature, you will be much more likely to survive.

When I first began playing DayZ, I had this thing about hesitation when encountering another player. Sometimes I would let another player close in while other times I'd fire warning shots, or just shoot their legs out from under them. The more consistent you are - hero or bandit - the more easily you will adapt to changing situations on the fly. In other words, knowing what to do and doing it your own way over and over again can get you pretty far.

Ah i remember the excitement of finding my first "decent" gun - an AKM.

As others have said telling the player you had the AK was probably what got you killed but i can understand that it was a great moment for you.

Next time tell them you've only got a hatchet.

"Yes, but I have an Ak-74" that was just plain stupid. That's most likely the reason they killed you.

Here, I want you to connect these two quotes: "My First Experience With an UNfriendly Player" and "By the way, this happened yesterday.".

Ah i remember the excitement of finding my first "decent" gun - an AKM.

As others have said telling the player you had the AK was probably what got you killed but i can understand that it was a great moment for you.

Next time tell them you've only got a hatchet.

I really didn't know whether I should try to intimidate the guy or show him that I was a newb.

Turns out that intimidation is not the best.

Edited by CannedPakes

I think not letting another player know how well geared you are is critical.

Anyone with a ghillie for instance is fair game and if you have a nice Coyote backpack and a DMR then you definitely have a target on your back.

Edited by DemonGroover