Oliva

That bottom right spawn info should be removed?

Hi there.

Thinking about the main objective of spawning on a random place around the coast, it should mean you have no idea where the hell you are... Then that "Otmel" pops up and voilá.

"Hey guys, I'm in otmel... In 15mins I'll be raiding Elektro power plant fire station and I'll meet you in prigorodky, right?"

What do you think?

I don't like the random spawning at all. I don't see the point. Spawning at some no-where location is a drag, means lots of running in a game already full of lots of running.

I think it would be a huge improvement if you could select where you spawn on the coast. Don't see any downside, since you choose whether to spawn somewhere risky or quiet, and I see a big upside.

If I spawn somewhere boring I just restart anyway. Allowing me to select where to restart would probably lower server load.

I don't like the random spawning at all. I don't see the point. Spawning at some no-where location is a drag' date=' means lots of running in a game already full of lots of running.

I think it would be a huge improvement if you could select where you spawn on the coast. Don't see any downside, since you choose whether to spawn somewhere risky or quiet, and I see a big upside.

If I spawn somewhere boring I just restart anyway. Allowing me to select where to restart would probably lower server load.

[/quote']

i doubt the engine can handle that dynamic of a spawn zone. plus, that would open the door to incredible amounts of griefing. much more than we see now. if you could choose where to spawn, you would always spawn at high loot areas. eventually everyone would be in one area and not only would a massacre ensue, but people would just camp the spawn and kill anyone who goes to loot.

random keeps you alive, but i like the idea of losing the spawn location notifier. not knowing where you are is fun, you run around trying to find a village so you can find a name board somewhere. i just wish they would update the textures of some of the road signs for the english version. i don't mind that the village and city names are russian, but don't spell them in russian in the english version, give them russian names with english letters

Ah, yeah, I guess the main point of the random spawn is to spread people out and cut down server load.

I'm not saying to spawn in a specific spawn zone, just a general area. Like you'd choose one of the coastal cities, and spawn at a random beach location somewhere near that city.

I don't think camping would be an issue, in the sense that you'd have to decide whether to risk spawning in highly-camped areas, or somewhere quieter but with less loot. Basically the same risk-reward dynamic as chosing to go into a major city now.

I don't agree with the selected spawn. Random is the word.

What I'm complaining here is that little info on bottom right that tells you right where you are.

You should not know where you are unless you really knows that place.

Ah' date=' yeah, I guess the main point of the random spawn is to spread people out and cut down server load.

I'm not saying to spawn in a specific spawn zone, just a general area. Like you'd choose one of the coastal cities, and spawn at a random beach location somewhere near that city.

I don't think camping would be an issue, in the sense that you'd have to decide whether to risk spawning in highly-camped areas, or somewhere quieter but with less loot. Basically the same risk-reward dynamic as chosing to go into a major city now.

[/quote']

yeah, but hypothetically speaking, you would still be limited to spawning at one of say, 10 locations. with a maxed out 60/60 server, there is a potential of 6 people camping each spawn location, waiting for someone to spawn there so they can kill someone for the fun of it. if you killed someone near cherno, you can safely assume that they want their gear back, right? so they would choose the cherno spawn point so they can get back to their body, but you can wait near the body and kill him again because you knew he was going to be back fairly quickly. with random spawns, you have no idea if he spawns 5m or 5000m away so there is no reason for you to camp the body. you just loot and leave

Ah' date=' yeah, I guess the main point of the random spawn is to spread people out and cut down server load.

[/quote']

there is no risk-reward when you have nothing to lose.

everyone would spawn in cherno and rush the entire city.

died?

re-respawn in cherno and rush again until you find some good stuff.

died again?

re-re-respawn in cherno again.

Interesting idea. My first thought is nooo I don't like random but it does have some merit. Personally I want to see some inland spawn points too to spice things up a bit.

"yeah, but you would still be limited to spawning at one of say, 10 locations."

The coastlines are pretty big. If I was near Elecktro I could still be anywhere along 5-10km of shore, so I don't think camping is practical. Plus, as for returning for gear, you don't spawn with any so that's hardly an issue.

Regarding everyone rushing Cherno, and server load, might be an issue when a server just starts up, but other than that there's only so many people respawning in any minute, the numbers are fairly low. Wouldn't be hard to handle the special cases.

But the thing is, lots of people (myself included) are doing this anyway but just respawning until we start somewhere useful. So any problems with server load and the like already exist, and are worse.

But the OP is probably pretty annoyed at me derailing the thread, so I'll stop.

So, i have a weird client bug. I've never seen that text. Never.

Usually injust search for train stations or transit signs. And i never had problems with that. If it was up to me i'd remove that text.

@terrorfex

On some servers that text never pops, but I prefer that way.

It's nice when you don't know if you have to walk up or down along the beach just because you have no fucking idea on where you are.

No this is a horrible idea.. Least this gives you an idea of where you are when you spawn. I enjoy playing with my friends and not knowing where I spawn will make it that much more of a pain in the ass to meet up with them in game.

you are telling me this is bad ONLY because would be bad to meet your friends?

I'm telling about some 'more realistic' feature. Almost every single spawn point has one landmark you can use to navigate. Cranes, containers, lighthouses, bridges etc.

you should just spawn with the map. everyone uses one anyway. just make it like 'veteran' mode in Arma 2 where it doesn't show your location

I don't agree with the selected spawn. Random is the word.

What I'm complaining here is that little info on bottom right that tells you right where you are.

You should not know where you are unless you really knows that place.

Heh, I always know because I speak/read Russian and I just read the road signs on the roads heading into / out of the town. Really useful tip for everyone btw: READ THE ROAD SIGNS! Helps me tremendously when I'm trying to navigate from town to town.

I'm telling about some 'more realistic' feature. Almost every single spawn point has one landmark you can use to navigate. Cranes' date=' containers, lighthouses, bridges etc.

[/quote']

Please stop using the realism argument when the game keeps adding features far from realistic, i.e hatchet would be a TERRIBLE weapon to use in real life, would get stuck, blunt fast etc.

None of this is emulated ingame.

Campfires would last way longer in real life.

I would not get sick from the damn rain, I know, I live in a damn rainy country and always have to navigate through it.

I would not be able to sprint for an infinite duration without dying.

I would not be hungry and thirsty every 2-4 hours. Argument of, look at all that heavy stuff you're wearing, yeah, I sit down sniping most of the time, doesn't tire me out.

Zombies slowing down in buildings? So realistic.

Cars blowing up with the tiniest amount of collision? Awesomely real guys, don't hit that curb in real life.

Oh my, do I need to add more or are you going to just stop?

maybe they should move most of the loot to inland and just leave the basics at the coast,arma engine can esaily do the "pick spawn location" but like mentioned it would turn into a mass brawl gun's vs no guns :/ i guess it is a tough one with many pro's and con's

I'm telling about some 'more realistic' feature. Almost every single spawn point has one landmark you can use to navigate. Cranes' date=' containers, lighthouses, bridges etc.

[/quote']

Please stop using the realism argument when the game keeps adding features far from realistic, i.e hatchet would be a TERRIBLE weapon to use in real life, would get stuck, blunt fast etc.

I would not get sick from the damn rain, I know, I live in a damn rainy country and always have to navigate through it.

I would not be hungry and thirsty every 2-4 hours. Argument of, look at all that heavy stuff you're wearing, yeah, I sit down sniping most of the time, doesn't tire me out.

Cars blowing up with the tiniest amount of collision? Awesomely real guys, don't hit that curb in real life.

i would like to see you stand out in the rain for hours on end and feel fine :/ i bet you have a snack or a drink at least 4 hours a day if not u must be real skinny :/ as for the running comment...ur fukin retarded!

[/quote']

i know that there are many unrealistic things, but I think they gonna be adjusted in time.

And some things are unreal just to make things harder. don't complain about what I said and gimme your opinion around the whole thread.

maybe they should move most of the loot to inland and just leave the basics at the coast' date='arma engine can esaily do the "pick spawn location" but like mentioned it would turn into a mass brawl gun's vs no guns :/ i guess it is a tough one with many pro's and con's

[/quote']

read the thread. or at least the title.

Have to agree with crossshade, please dont use the realism argument, stick to gameplay. I do think it would be kinda cool but you have to think about the noobies. This idea would make the learning curve of this game even steeper than it already is. I want more people to play this game becuase it deserves the attention. Its already hard for someone new with no friends to figure this game out. You think this is a good idea because you want the feeling of "oh damn where the hell am I ?" which is cool but since (I'm assuming) you've played this game alot, you'll probably figure out where you are within 5 mins anyway. So that feeling wouldn't really last that long at all and all it would do is make it harder for noobs

sry but i dont like this idea, because if u play this game very often and respawned alot u know where u are, i can spawn now on every existing spawn and i know exactly where i am ( and nooooo i dont need to look at the information on the right side ;) )

@dunji, my first 5 or six spawns I had no idea of that text. That server wasn't showing that.

I started with two friends doing shit like this:

"hey, I'm looking to the beach. now when I look to my left, there's a dock too far away and in my right I have a crane quite near."

when one of them described almost the same scenario, I just fired my makarov.

He heard that shit and we met up. The other one, we took about 2 or 3 hour to meet, but that was the first time and he is really bad with navigation... like "I'm looking to a red house"

"Describe that fuckin house"... "I don't know, it's goddamn red"

Interesting idea. My first thought is nooo I don't like random but it does have some merit. Personally I want to see some inland spawn points too to spice things up a bit.

Best part of this thread and bumping it for that reason. The sea salt gets in my eyes.