Sign in to follow this  
koze

DayZ Needs huge mountains like Namalsk.

Namalsk Mountains in SA  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Standalone Map have Snowy Mountains?

• Yes!
    • No.

After playing all of the new maps released on DayZ Namalsk was overall the best. Though I have to say if it was alot larger it would be perfect, then I thought why the hell isn't the Standalone having snowy mountains?

Looking at the current map, Chernarus, it doesn't look like the coldest climate yet Rocket is adding new clothing like jackets and warm clothing. If you had mountains with snow on them not only could you have a vary of loot that is compatible with the cold but you can have clothing that you can climb up the mountain with, as well as having snow camo items too. Or have white paint cans so you can paint your firearm white.

As well as having a military base up there like Seraja army base in Namalsk, if you wanted to go there you had to wear warm clothing or bring a load of heat packs, it would be better for the game because you'd have to work towards finding good loot, currently you can just run to some barracks and find a gun without having to prepare.

If it was added to the north part of the map this is what it should look like.

http://www.wallpapersdesign.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Switzerland-Mountain.jpg

There is no reason to not put in snowy mountains, there are mountain ranges in Africa, I'm sure Chernarus (based near Russia) could easily have mountains. Maybe try to base it in the Urals?

Please add this! The current map is boring, when you guys finish Chernarus plus it's just going to be the plain old Chernarus with different areas and an extended map, if you added snowy mountains it would make the game a hell of a lot more nostalgic as well as making it more interesting.

• Like 1

I was wanting to write a suggestion along these lines and applaud you for doing so. I feel this would be an excellent addition to the stand alone. the only limitation may be the engine. I am not certain they can have dynamic weather that changes depending on what part of the map you are on. At the moment weather is global. Outside of that this would be very much possible.

Maybe this is why Rocket went to Everest.

• Like 4

Maybe this is why Rocket went to Everest.

I hope so!