Sign in to follow this  
essexcartel

SOLUTION: Shit FPS

Ok i recently read through some more moaners(i am one too dont rage) and someone posted a solution and it fucking worked for me!

1. Disable your antivirus.My AVG antivirus tells me alot of my arma 2 files are virus's and they arent! So it must be blocking some files,Disable it until you finish the game.

2.Disable your Firewall,your firewall can be blocking connections,it may not be blocking alot but for arma one small trip is big for it.

3.Download Gamebooster 3.5 beta.It frees up any unnecessary crap on your desktop running and the new beta comes with FPS booster you can optimize your games graphics and resolution.I set mine to low but it can run on very high and it also shows you your FPS.

4. Choose a server with good ping and get on a server with the correct version and beta version.I thought it wouldnt matter what server i go on but it does,the US servers run about 18 to 25 FPS for me but EU it goes to 25 to 35.

Those are the 4 steps,it doesnt eliminate all the problems believe me i still lag but i used to lag at 5 FPS but now its only like 18 to 17 FPS lag which is still playable.

Hope this helped.

Bump :)

1. Disable Antivirus

2. Disable Firewall

3. Download 3rd party software and let it run rampart on your computer

Sounds legit.

yeah don't do this

most likely a virus not to mention that 18-25 fps is still pretty shitty fps

1: Change antivirus.

2: Allow exceptions in firewall.

3: Might help, might not.

4: Common sense.

OK.

gamebooster made a noticeable improvement for me, but didn't need to disable my anti virus or firewall and don't intend to either :P

if anti virus treats arma files as a threat, then get avg to ignore arma

Wow, with the Game Booster it runs really smooth for me, its a hole new game-experience now :)