AfricanizedBees

Zombie Children YAY or NAY

Zombie Children in game?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should zombie children be added?

• Yay
    • Nay

You can't put children in a game with combat, period, not even zombie ones.

Game won't depict children getting killed, which is why the kids in Fallout3 and Skyrim are invinvible.

Mods... wink wink

http://i1-games.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/Fallout-3-Mod-Killable-Children_1.jpg

http://gamerfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Skyrim-Killing-Children-Mod.jpg

I don't understand though, why can't you kill kids in a game? Is it because of some yankee soccermom hysteria association kind of thing...?

Oh well I killed and blew up an army of 500 men and a couple of women... OH NO NOT THE KIDS!

Double standard much?

I guess I wouldn't necessarily mind myself, it could add another dimension to the experience.

But as mentioned in this thread, it's impossible to do without censorship rearing its head, for good reasons. There will be freakshows playing this game just to shoot zombie kids. Some players will feel genuinely uneasy and stop playing. It'd fuel a media offensive against Rocket. In the end it's not worth implementing just for its shock value.

So my personal feelings don't really matter here, it's a NAY for the greater good.

Edited by Clavus
  • Like 1

Nay. Just a gimmick that will lose any appeal quickly. Not worth it for the work required and inevitable banning of the entire game in half the world's countries.

May run into a legal shit fight on this one, as laws on this sort of thing differ from country to country. And DayZ is global.

I'd prefer Zombie DayZ alpha testers. The ones that became infected not understanding this is an alpha..

But yea.. Id take zombie kids and zombie stuffed animals.

Ok its a mod now, but what about when it becomes a standalone game?

There are many people in the world that would get super butthurt, some have lots of cash that can hire good lawyers and kill the game. So better not do it.

I say no. The knee jerk reaction from people outside the gaming community would give Rocket and Co just an added un-needed headache.

I'm really curious how many of the people who think this would be a good idea actually have children of their own? I know its a cliche but if you haven't had children you really do not fully comprehend just how repugnant an idea this would be. Maybe you might find it "creepy" and atmospheric, but many people would find it deeply disturbing. If any of you do have kids, I'm really interested to hear your views.

Bear in mind, these are not zombies, they are "infected". So basically, you are saying that you want to shoot sick kids? I mean, really? And then some idiot streams / Youtubes doing so while making off-colour comments - you think that's just fine and dandy? And then mommy sees what her kids are watching and flips out and all hell breaks loose.

Anders Breivik used Call of Duty for "training simulation" - his youngest victim was 14. Is it really a good idea to de-sensitize people to violence against children?

From the point of view of realism - children and the elderly are usually the most likely to die from infectious diseases. Its entirely plausible that only healthy adults would survive to the stage of being "the infected".

Trust me, you really don't want to go there.

Would be pretty creepy, like those necromorph babies and kids from dead space 2. I remember playing fallout 2 and you could blow up the kids lol. Sensitive people need to stop thinking we should all act like them.

Edited by Dev

Maybe because I'm a father, but this is the one nerve I don't like being touched when I'm gaming.

Zombie kids in The Walking Dead? Fine, I can dish - I'm not the one shooting them. In a game where I'm probably going to need to blast them at some point? Idk.

It wouldn't stop me from playing or any of that bullshit, but it's just a thing I don't like to touch.

It would add so much to the game if it brought in that emotional conflict. Unfortunately, child killing = banned in alot of carebear countries

No

There would be no emotional conflict though, those who don't want to will dc, or just quit dayz. those who dont care will keep playing. One killable child would be an emotional conflict, having them everywhere removes that whole thing.

Also who was first to get eaten by the zombies?

Edited by amudkipz

This is a shit storm Rocket does not need. Think about all the bad press and etc... that will come from undead children.

Also make a damn pole?

Edited by I_Guts_I

Remember all the bad press and protest The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return on Wii got for being able to kill human children ? Well neither do I because there was none.This game is sold at Wal-mart,Toys r Us etc....

And some of you think a PC game that wont be sold in any stores will generate some kind of Controversy if the have zombie kids included ? Did the zombies eat your brains ?