7970 + i5 3570k = still low fps..

Hello, like the title......I'm getting bad FPS with this PC :

7970 3GB GHZ

i5 3570k @ 4.0

8 GB Ram

WD 500 GB 7200 RPM 32 Cache

PSU : Corsair 650 W

look at this picture http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/128061158-4.jpg

as you can se, GPU is using only 36% of it = 850mb, dont know if it should be more..

CPU I guess its ok 78%, temps are fine,the game isn't even running at FULL SETTINGS,and is not even in a main city like cherno, I get even lower FPS there,doesnt matter if I lower the settings still get bad fps,it is running with default and the post process or w/e its called OFF cause I dont really like it ,programs running just steam and xfire, in the pic is MSI Afterburner but still if I dont use it I still get low FPS,I read that it can be the HDD,it can be the PSU that is not giving enough power, but today I tested Arma 2 SP with full settings in a city and I was getting much better FPS, like 55 average with full settings in a city, dont know if the problem is just with the mod, In other games like Battlefield 3 I run it at ultra settings and 60+ fps with no problem..I know Arma Engine is demanding but still I though that with this PC I should be able to run it with full settings with no problems...

If I remember right, there are specific makes of components that aren't really that compatible when it comes to running ArmA.

Your specs look pretty gnarly to be honest, so I wouldn't expect it'd be much to do with that.

Have you tried comparing FPS with different graphic settings..?

I have i7 3770k @ 4.0ghz and 3 x gtx 670 4gb and I still get average fps.

Them feels bro..

If I remember right, there are specific makes of components that aren't really that compatible when it comes to running ArmA.

Your specs look pretty gnarly to be honest, so I wouldn't expect it'd be much to do with that.

Have you tried comparing FPS with different graphic settings..?

you mean In game settings? yes I even put them to the lowest and still bad FPS, if you mean maybe the AMD Control Panel, I will try with another settings, and by components you mean like the VC for example? thing is I know people and there are many videos of the same VC and they have no problems...

I have i7 3770k @ 4.0ghz and 3 x gtx 670 4gb and I still get average fps.

Them feels bro..

Ye it sucks, well I will try everything to get better performance :P

If you're willing to compromise a little, drop the res down to 720p, disable some of the fancier settings (HDR, AA, V-Sync) and you'll double your FPS.

I went from 20fps to 60fps (average). Visuals don't really suffer and the increased framerate more than makes up for it.

Only 50 FPS? Damn, that must be hard man...

Seriously though, I kinda knew this was gonna be one of 'those' threads. Theres alot of people running on low with <30 FPS, consider yourself lucky.

• Like 2

OP: Dude, thats totaly normal for dayz. Play the game and have fun!

Arma 2 Engine is demanding and also pretty BADLY optimized.

With the right graphics settings you should have better fps though.

Make sure memory setting is on "default"

Full screen AA is off.

Post processing, off or minimal.

View distance under 2500

Both the resolutions should be set to the same at native res

Edited by disorder

I feel you, I've got a GTX 680 and a 3570k, and get pretty much the exact same performance. Overclocking your CPU and GPU will help.

If you're willing to compromise a little, drop the res down to 720p, disable some of the fancier settings (HDR, AA, V-Sync) and you'll double your FPS.

Bullshit, those settings won't do anything to his FPS as his Video card usage is only about 35% and all the Settings you mentoied are GPU dependant. And the GPU is definately not the bottleneck here.

Make sure memory setting is on "default"

Full screen AA is off.

Post processing, off or minimal.

View distance under 2500

Both the resolutions should be set to the same at native res

Again, AA and postprocessing are not relavant to the OPs frames, in fact he could even turn the 3D Resolution higher than his actualy monitor resolution to downsample the game and increase the image quality without bottlenecking his fps at all, his GPU has more than enough resources.

View distance in the game options won't do anything as it's not relevant to multiplayer/ server-side (tl;dr View Distance is fixed in DayZ).

To the OP, your fps are alright. The bottlenecking part is your CPU (Running the game on SSD/ Ramdisk will reduce/ eliminate stutter, but most likely not improve your overall fps), there's not really anything you can do about it apart from turning down CPU dependant settings. The DayZ mod is kinda poorly optimized also and all the zombies/ extra objects in comparison to the SP do have heavy impact on performance, especially since the main threads of Arma 2 are only running on 1 or 2 cores.