felixfors

Cutting down trees

Hey there survivors! I have had some problems recently with my helicopter, I landed it in the forrest on a empty spot in the forrest and left it there for 1-2 hours, when I got back my heli had slowly slided closer to the trees and was standing right next to the tree line. And thats how I came up with this idea, how about if you cud cut down trees with hatches? go up close to a tree right click on your hatchet in the toolbox and choose a option called " cut down tree" for example. Also I have been playing alot on the map taviana and discoverd that there is fences everywhere, and mostly only 1 entrance into special areas, that gives you no opportunity for a emergency exit if someone is camping the exit/ entering for the area, so how about if you cud cut holes in metal fences just simple remove the fence or just replace it with one of the premade broken fences that you can see around the map already this cud be done with a cutting tool that will be added to your toolbelt, same thing for the concrete walls but with a pickaxes

Edited by felixfors

We need a "Leatherman" in the game. Could easily explain a lot of this. Especially when it come to getting through a fence. I own two of these, who wouldn't? http://www.leatherman.com/product/Wave

Tools:

• Needlenose Pliers
  • Regular Pliers
  • Wire Cutters
  • Hard-wire Cutters
  • 420HC Knife
  • 420HC Serrated Knife
  • Saw
  • Spring-action Scissors
  • Wood/Metal File
  • Diamond-coated File
  • Large Bit Driver (II)
  • Small Bit Driver
  • Medium Screwdriver
  • Ruler (8 inch/19 cm)
  • Bottle Opener
  • Can Opener
  • Wire Stripper

Features:

• One-hand Operable Features
  • Stainless Steel
  • All Locking Features
  • Leather or Nylon Sheath
  • Black Oxide Version Available
  • 25-year Warranty
  • BIT KIT: Phillips #1-2 and Screwdriver 3/16", Phillips Eyeglass Screwdriver and Flat Tip

Measurements:

• 4 in | 10 cm (Closed)
  • 8.5 oz | 241 g (Weight)
  • 2.9 in | 7.37 cm (Blade Length)

Edited by Theonis
  • Like 1

We need a "Leatherman" in the game. Could easily explain a lot of this. Especially when it come to getting through a fence. I own two of these, who wouldn't? http://www.leatherman.com/product/Wave

Tools:

• Needlenose Pliers
  • Regular Pliers
  • Wire Cutters
  • Hard-wire Cutters
  • 420HC Knife
  • 420HC Serrated Knife
  • Saw
  • Spring-action Scissors
  • Wood/Metal File
  • Diamond-coated File
  • Large Bit Driver (II)
  • Small Bit Driver
  • Medium Screwdriver
  • Ruler (8 inch/19 cm)
  • Bottle Opener
  • Can Opener
  • Wire Stripper

Features:

• One-hand Operable Features
  • Stainless Steel
  • All Locking Features
  • Leather or Nylon Sheath
  • Black Oxide Version Available
  • 25-year Warranty
  • BIT KIT: Phillips #1-2 and Screwdriver 3/16", Phillips Eyeglass Screwdriver and Flat Tip

Measurements:

• 4 in | 10 cm (Closed)
  • 8.5 oz | 241 g (Weight)
  • 2.9 in | 7.37 cm (Blade Length)

Yeah thats actuly what i thought about! a Leatherman for the metal fences but I didnt know the english name for it, what is your guys opinion on this idea ? : )

I like the idea of being able to cut those bloody fences. Taviana is the worst as i dont think there are holes anywhere.

Boltcutters would be ideal

• Like 1

Cutting down trees?

I like it.

• Like 8

Would be one heck of a way to give away where you are. "Hmmmm I am camping on sniper hill but want to start a fire to lure some idiots in. Lemme get some lumber" *tree falls down*

Everyone else: "hey look a tree fell down" *points scope in that direction*

Edited by harley001

Would be one heck of a way to give away where you are. "Hmmmm I am camping on sniper hill but want to start a fire to lure some idiots in. Lemme get some lumber" *tree falls down*

Everyone else: "hey look a tree fell down" *points scope in that direction*

You're looking at it the wrong way.

I've had so many times I wish I could have a better line of sight on a place but my view is obscured by one obnoxious tree.

And most of us have lost a chopper to trees on slight inclines :(

If tree's fell down, you'd have to be a jackass of colossal proportions to play lumberjack whilst trying to be stealthy.

All though, when it comes to clearing a tree, you just pull a Ural over and clear the area.

haha thats a good one, I actuly did that yestoday becouse my helicopter was to close to that tree. when we rammed down the tree it ended up that the huey flied up in the air doing backflips before it landed and crashed :P. but how about the other ideas that I mentioned ? about cutting holes in fences and digging holes in concrete walls to create your own way to safty instead of going throught the main entrance.

The only problem I see are trolls leveling while forests and fences just for the hell of it. But other than that I like it especially cutting fences.

All though, when it comes to clearing a tree, you just pull a Ural over and clear the area.

Yeah but most people don't have access to a Ural...

The only problem I see are trolls leveling while forests and fences just for the hell of it. But other than that I like it especially cutting fences.

with " leveling" do you mean that thye will take down all trees and fences? if so I was thinking that everything would be restored after server restart, I dont think they will pay attention to take all fences and trees down for nothing ^^

so.. there was this one time that i landed my helicopter with the skids parallel to the incline of a hill.... i landed... seemed to be sitting still while the engine was on... shut the engine down and as it powered down i started sliding like i was on a sled in the winter time towards the tree line. so im like aw shiz and try to turn the engine back on and take off before my heli smashes into the treeline... very fiery explosion. lesson learned though... i always park the chopper with skids perpendicular to the incline now, and they rarely if ever move on their own.

it would be nice to be able to cut down trees, but i think trying to do it with a hatchet is more than slightly ridiculous. should need at least full size axe, and it should take a good long while to get through a tree with an axe. 10-15 minutes of chopping i'd say, maybe 5 if we're talking about balancing fun and realism.

chainsaws on the other hand, should be able to slice through them like butter in 30 seconds to a minute at the expense of making a funkton of noise and giving away your position

Lumberjacking in dayz. always been a dream to be able to chop shit up in the forests.