Sign in to follow this  
lconikez

My PC Freezes When I join Multi-player Server :( Every time.

I have this problem when ever I join any multi-player game on Arma 2 OA, I join the server and then I click OK to load the game, but during the loading my PC completely freezes with no return, I am forced to Hold the power button for 10 seconds to ground the motherboard. I have been researching this topic all day, but i cannot find anything which has helped me. And you can tell this is frustrating because if I test it freezes my computer forcing me to restart which is really inconvenient. Before you ask I have been able to play DayZ Before, this has happened only recently.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 @3.4GHz

GFX: Gigabyte GTX660 OC

RAM: 8GB @667MHz

MoBo: Dell Inc. 0Y2MRG

Pleas ask for any extra information.

Thanks.

it's always a good idea to keep everything updated. If you bought this through steam, then you have to right click all the arma games, select properties, go to the local tab, and select verify game cache. Once you have done that to all of them, you simply just right click arma 2 and select play, wait till the main menu, then log out, do this to all the game's you have in your list that is arma related (beside's alpha's/beta's). Once you have done that, it's very important to keep drivers, software and hardware updated. That all include's security updates, NETFramework.dll's, it is also possible you may have a corrupted file inside your registry, it is possible to manually delete, and re install the registry keys, but i suggest if that has to happen, then you should do a complete 100% purge of everything arma related, including dayz commander and play withsix. then reinstall using a guide, to ensure proper alignment of files. I also suggest, you install them in the order they were released: Arma2/Arma2OA/Arma2PrivateMilitaryCompany/Arma2BritishArmedForces.

I hope this helps you or get you closer to solving this annoying problem.

ArmA2/CO/Dayz only ?

What about other games.

No other games do this, so I don't think this is because of Hardware Isuues.

it's always a good idea to keep everything updated. If you bought this through steam, then you have to right click all the arma games, select properties, go to the local tab, and select verify game cache. Once you have done that to all of them, you simply just right click arma 2 and select play, wait till the main menu, then log out, do this to all the game's you have in your list that is arma related (beside's alpha's/beta's). Once you have done that, it's very important to keep drivers, software and hardware updated. That all include's security updates, NETFramework.dll's, it is also possible you may have a corrupted file inside your registry, it is possible to manually delete, and re install the registry keys, but i suggest if that has to happen, then you should do a complete 100% purge of everything arma related, including dayz commander and play withsix. then reinstall using a guide, to ensure proper alignment of files. I also suggest, you install them in the order they were released: Arma2/Arma2OA/Arma2PrivateMilitaryCompany/Arma2BritishArmedForces.

I hope this helps you or get you closer to solving this annoying problem.

I recently updated to NETFramework 4.5 I Believe, this might be the cause.

Update you beta version.

Beta is fully updated, still freezes :(

what are you using to launch?

I use a CMD script but his has worked for me for about 6 months now so I don't believe this is the problem. The reason why i use a script is because dayz commander doesn't work for me, and launch parameters also don't work in steam, so I have placed a CMD script inside Arma 2 OA file directory to launch it. This runs dayz mod in the correct version, and arma 2 oa in the correct patch, that's why I had to result to using CMD scripts because everytime I ran dayz anyother way it gave me the wrong arma 2 oa patch.

im not sure what your saying dayz commander doesn't work? Let me get all the chickens in a line here, you use a script command to launch dayz, because your dayz commander gives you a patch error? or just the wrong patch?

im not sure what your saying dayz commander doesn't work? Let me get all the chickens in a line here, you use a script command to launch dayz, because your dayz commander gives you a patch error? or just the wrong patch?

DayZ Commander launches arma fine with dayz but it gives an Incorrect version message when i attempt to join a server, it then backs out to the menu, and I can see that Arma is on the latest patch, but this is the incorrect patch for dayz, and after that I re-download the recommended patch through dayz commander but it still uses the old patch, so I made a script, which somehow worked after a lot of trial and improvement. The moral of the story is the script works, so that is not the problem. Oh and BTW I like that metaphor you used XD Edited by lconikez

humm, when was the last time you started the games threw steam? every once in awhile, games through steam need to be ran to get updates from steams server's along with exspansions and battle eye, not to mention th "first Time setup" phase needs to be started every month or so to keep updated. thats why your script was working untill it became outdated

humm, when was the last time you started the games threw steam? every once in awhile, games through steam need to be ran to get updates from steams server's along with exspansions and battle eye, not to mention th "first Time setup" phase needs to be started every month or so to keep updated. thats why your script was working until it became outdated

I run regular arma 2 OA through steam, without dayz, quite often because i like to play game modes like domination but this also crashes, the game is fully updated. I play Regular Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA at least 4 to 5 times a week before this freeze started to happen, is there any way this could be linked with the recent NETFramework 4.5 update. I had to do this to get DayZ breaking point laucnher to open, after I updated the Framework, I could still play though. Edited by lconikez