Sign in to follow this  
Heathcz

FPS drops

Hi guys. I have a problem. Almost everytime I play dayz, my fps drops like in 30 seconds intervals, that means that, for example, when im in the woods, i have 80 fps, and after half a minute, it drops to 50 fps, and after another half minute, it gets back to 80 fps and then again to 50fps etc. It wouldnt be such a disaster, but when it comes to being in cherno, its really annoying and it drops below 20 fps from like 40 fps.

So what I want to ask is, can anyone help me?

there are loads of fps fixes out there if you search i'm pretty convinced many of them don't work tho best thing to do is just play about with your settings until you find something playable tbh.

i ve done enough of that and came through alot of optimalization guides

dude run it from ramdisk as one option, if you do this your best bet is DATARAM free ramdisk version allows up to a 4 gig ram disk

the solution for me was this up until i bought a ssd 250 gb hard drive for my laptop, something i would suggest to any person who still owns a standard sata drive to play dayz from. its a lot of money if your just looking to fix dayz fps drops, but for me it has been totally worth it as now my laptop is pretty beastly even on games like planetside 2 and other fairly proccess heavy games.

The deal with arma and dayz is the game runs from hard drive, so if your on a standard drive it will be your main bottleneck, ramdisk doesnt completely fix this but it does drastically improve it. so id look for a guide on that if i was you.

there shouldnt be any problems with my pc specs, but there you go:

Intel Core i5-3450 (6M Cache, 3.10 GHz CPU

8GB RAM

1TB harddisk

GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ultra Durable 2GB GPU

60gb SSD

Edited by Heathcz

ha, well i like to say ramdisk is a good option if u dont have the money for a SSD. If you were to install steam,arma everything under 30GB to your 60GB SSD, then turn off that annoying ass windows 7 pci-express power output "link Safe" bullshit, your g-card wont get throttled down to 50%. Then make sure your video card settings are set to performance, if that's what you want from Dayz. Then selecting the right options for it would also optimize your game play, at the loss of quality of image.

How to change the settings for your PCI-E power out put:

Open your Control Panel.

Select Power Options.

Select Change Plan Settings.

Select Advanced Power Settings.

Scroll Down to PCI Express.

Select Link State Power Management.

Select OFF.

Click Apply

If you don't want to re install, you can always just do this option. Seeing how you can get good fps but just not consistently, then try the power output option before u re install. See if that helps you.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz