Sign in to follow this  
jdtherocker

sneaking past a bandit is like shaving

/title

if you cut it a little too close you bleed real fast :(

any tips on how to pass a bandit without shooting him or slashing his back with a hatchet without him noticing me?

Edited by jdtherocker

for me, patience seems to be the best tactic into defeating someone in dayZ. you watch them from afar and wait for the opportune moment :D THEN YOU NAIL HIS BANDIT ASS

I suggest a human sacrificial offering.

Are you volunteering? XD

• Like 1

Run straight at him and then swerve violently screaming BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNS!

Run straight at him and then swerve violently screaming BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNS!

tried that once it actually worked...he laughed so hard he spared my life

I know now to keep at least 40 meters distance from you whilst your armed with hatchet.

works every time! except now i have no friends ;(

• Like 1

so far in dayz for me at least it is all about observation and intelligence. Much like real life scenarios. Countless times I have had the upper hand because I simply observed. So many cases where I could have killed many players with ease or turned a fight against 3 guys into a win.

If you do not want to engage he bandit then simply wait until he moves on. if that is not possible another method is distraction. throw some smoke.. throw a bottle..open side chat and pretend you are somewhere nearby and in need of help maybe he will go look. so many options.

For me being a hero if I see a bandit I cut him in half.

Edited by Walking Wounded

On foot has been covered quite well. When in a ground vehicle however, speed is your best friend. Speeding through a large town is a great way to draw out the bad guys. Some will just shoot, but others will ask for rides. For some reason, many will wait on the side of the road and then open up when you get close. Since it can be a bit tough to judge the speed of an approaching vehicle from head on, I recommend using whatever vehicle you've got as a rather large flyswatter. Lots of heroes complain about the sometimes difficulty of finding bandits to shoot. The Skoda or Hatchback or Hilux make great "mousetraps" for bandit trolling.