Sign in to follow this  
TerribleFate

Any Epic Firefights?

*Bam*!

A shot from the lush, green mountainside hit me in the leg. I cursed profoundly into the microphone, thinking of every bad word I could think of. Another shot hit right beside me following many other shots. I dove behind a tree, while shots peppered the ground around me. I went into third person to find my attacker. And as if I weren't into enough trouble, a bandit wielding a G36C came out of the town into the town. Voice chat kicked in, and he said, "Hey you!". Sadly, those were the last words that ever came out of his pixelated mouth. I counted around 7 sniper-rifle bullets went into his body. I heard the crack of his bones, and the horrible sound of flies, and I cringed. So I decided to be a troll.

I circled around the mountains to where he was laying prone, with a DMR and a ghillie suit. So I went into his pack, took his mags out of his backpack, and watch him run out of bullets. So he sat up, turned around, (He didn't have a second weopon) and then I said in a nice, and very calm voice, "Hello.". Then he turned around but alas, I loaded a clip into his little bandit body before he could yell, "Oh shit!".

• Like 5

It's was, eh, kind of a firefight.

So, I was running through the woods, just minding my own business. Had a SVD Camo, Ghillie Suit, Coyote Backpack and even an AWS. Good day. Was heading to Cherno to restock on food. But, suddenly I heard it.

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHR

It was the savage scream of an axe-wielding maniac. He was wearing a ghillie suit, hidden perfectly in a bush. He came out of nowhere, sprinting at me, roaring, swinging his axe at me. I shot wildly, trying to kill the savage, but I did not hit him once. Ruthlessly, he cut me into small pieces, most likely feeding on me afterwards.

He even got my beans...

I've only been in a true, truly epic firefight in DayZ one time. And my heart was POUNDING. See, I'm more of a lone wolf, you can find me or my camps deep, deep in the woods if you look hard enough. I don't like other people. So this moment lasted seemingly forever to my previously combat virgin eyes.

Anyway, I had just spawned in, traveled to balota airfield and picked up not only an m16 with three stanag mags, two m67 frags, but also another friendly survivor who asked me to help him repair his humvee. After maybe 30 minutes of searching for wheels, we were off. Maybe almost half way to elektro we encountered a black SUV up ahead, that quickly banks left and stops, coming to a halt and blocking the road. The driver gets out from the passenger side to use his SUV as cover. My companion writes in vehicle chat "I hope he's friendly" - and I may be a new player, but I'm not that naive. I know when someone is preparing for a firefight by the looks of it.

We banked our humvee in a similar fashion, off to the right, blocking the road, exiting our vehicle, creating the scene of a true pvp moment. All my companion had time to say over direct was "SUV guy" before he was shot. It all happened so fast, that SNAP SNAP SNAP, sound of rounds flying just inches away, I don't even know what kind of gun our enemy had. My companion was dead, I didn't know what to do. I kept hearing the shots, as if he was trying to provoke me, stress me out. SNAP SNAP. I leaned over from the back of our humvee and to try and get a shot off, and I took a bullet. Broken leg, bleeding out, great. Bandaged myself and threw one of my m67 grenades his way. He must have been able to get a shot off under the cars because soon, I heard the last sound my survivor would ever hear "SNAP SNAP" and dhorseven was killed.

The grenade must have blown up his SUV because almost right after I died, I heard a boom and saw another name in the killfeed.

The aftermath was one shot up humvee, and destroyed SUV and three dead bodies. I only wonder the thoughts of the future survivors passing by, thinking "what could have happened here.."

I was hoping i'd get more feedback :/

I'm sorry, I thought you were asking for more epic firefight stories from the community.

I thought your story was intriguing, it's always funny to troll people. Especially the people who sit in a pine tree picking off city stragglers. The amount of times I've been killed by a gillie guy making love to a pine, ugh.

I was hunting Heli's up north for a pair of NVG's Equipped with a DMR/ M4A3 CCO SD, a coyote backpack and enough gear to survive indefinably. I am running west towards Grishino, in the northern woods above Stary, The one with two deer stands. Two helos fly over, and start circling, obviously neither where friendly towards the other. All the sudden Stary lights up in a hail of gun fire, which was appealing in the night sky. Al the sudden somethings running north of me, I dive into a tree and wait as four guys run past. a clan...watching them take up firing postitions at the tree line just south of me, a sole body runs over the crest of the hill, a pistol, rifle or hatchet. Followed by another 4 or 5 guys chasing him over the hill. These two sides fought for almost an hour, me stuck behind the tree, all I was doing was hiding, this was something I didn't want to get stuck into, after a while the choppers left and the fighting died down there was two surivors on my side of the field. One logged, the other was going to hold until his commrades returned before the server restart. and Easy kill, around 100 meters away and stupid enough to have his flashlight on his remmington on. One shift pull of the trigger, I could safely make m escape and log before the now empending 30 seconds till restart.

So, I just got in another "firefight" last night. My friends and I had been fixing a helicopter for 3 hours. After visiting around ten towns, we finally had the parts and we were off. After two minutes of flying, we heard the "PLING PLANG" sound of bullets hitting the helicopters. Guess what it was? An enemy helicopter. He came up on our right side, shooting one of our gunners. Then our pilot turned around, allowing me to shoot the enemy. 100 rounds into his tail, and he was going down fast.

But so were we.

I jumped out of our descending helicopter, surviving. Apparently, their guns didn't jump out, so they died quickly. But their pilot did. We were both equipped with a M14 AIM, landing 100 meters away from eachother. We exchanged bullets for about two minutes, but then I got the hit on him. He fell to the ground.

GOT HIS FUCKING BEANS, YEAH!