Sign in to follow this  
Hey Sup

Some nooby questions (sorry)

Hey, i just got a new computer that could handle games like this a few days ago, and just now got enough money to buy the game, what/where do i download the thing to get started?

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/4638/

You can also download the mod from Steam, but I can't speak to how that works.

Otherwise you can just install DayZ Commander and it will install DayZ for you as well as being useful for keeping track of servers.

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

I'm really confused right now, After it's downloaded what do i click to play?

alot of things popped up on my desktop, arma 2, arma 2 operation arrowhead, and arma 2 arrowhead beta

I honestly have no idea what's going on, i'm clicking play and it just does this

Reading to luanch in approximately: (X ammount of time)

and the time just keeps going up and up and up i'm so confused right now, if someone could please help.

I honestly have no idea what's going on, i'm clicking play and it just does this

Reading to luanch in approximately: (X ammount of time)

and the time just keeps going up and up and up i'm so confused right now, if someone could please help.

did you download dayz commander?

http://www.dayzcommander.com/#download

Roughly, you download the Combined Operations off of Steam, that will put a bunch of

Arma icons on your desktop (DayZ uses Arma 2 and adds in some additional "stuff" to make it a zombie derivative).

Then download DayZ commander, and before running either you right click on the icon, properties run

as administrator.

Then your DayZ Commander has an update tab which will load up the special DayZ "stuff" - start with the basic DayZ

(you can try out the Origins, 2017, Lingor etc etc versions later after you become more familiar with regular DayZ.

After your DayZ software is "loaded (updated)" you click on the Server tab, find

a server with "low ping (around 85 or lower) and a server running DayZ (vanilla) and double

click on the JOIN server.

Here's where you wait, and wait... You should see a black n white DayZ splash screen, and some

loading bars, eventually you'll be in the "lobby" of the server showing who else is logged on.

Forget what button to click but it is something like Join or Connect. Anyhow you'll see some more

loading bars, and eventually, you'll start hearing the ocean waves.

Then the screen will brighten up, and some location text will "type" on lower

right corner of your screen.

Then you should be good to go.

After a couple of times, the procedure becomes easier.

Roughly, you download the Combined Operations off of Steam, that will put a bunch of

Arma icons on your desktop (DayZ uses Arma 2 and adds in some additional "stuff" to make it a zombie derivative).

Then download DayZ commander, and before running either you right click on the icon, properties run

as administrator.

Then your DayZ Commander has an update tab which will load up the special DayZ "stuff" - start with the basic DayZ

(you can try out the Origins, 2017, Lingor etc etc versions later after you become more familiar with regular DayZ.

After your DayZ software is "loaded (updated)" you click on the Server tab, find

a server with "low ping (around 85 or lower) and a server running DayZ (vanilla) and double

click on the JOIN server.

Here's where you wait, and wait... You should see a black n white DayZ splash screen, and some

loading bars, eventually you'll be in the "lobby" of the server showing who else is logged on.

Forget what button to click but it is something like Join or Connect. Anyhow you'll see some more

loading bars, and eventually, you'll start hearing the ocean waves.

Then the screen will brighten up, and some location text will "type" on lower

right corner of your screen.

Then you should be good to go.

After a couple of times, the procedure becomes easier.

When i double click the server i want to join i get an error message "Bad Serial number given in setup" what do i do?