srvrsyde

DELETED BY USER

And the purpose of putting 4chan in the tittle was...?

That it was created by a 4chan user, and is used in every single 4chan DayZ thread. He's giving credit where credit is due.

And the purpose of putting 4chan in the tittle was...?

That it was created by a 4chan user' date=' and is used in every single 4chan DayZ thread. He's giving credit where credit is due.

[/quote']

correct, plus i'm not about to steal something the internet created and call it my own. that's like, cyber suicide

Ah, /vg/. How I love thee.

Also the guide helped me get a bit more FPS, used it about a week ago

Didnt do a damn thing for me. Plus made the game look a lot worse.

did you change even the in-game settings that i listed towards the bottom?

Ah' date=' /vg/. How I love thee.

Also the guide helped me get a bit more FPS, used it about a week ago

[/quote']

they are a huge source of help

and thanks for the more detailed FOV calculations' date=' mind if I add that to my original post?

[/quote']

You don't have to ask me for permission (I didn't create that fov guide), so feel free to add it to the OP.

Has anyone else tried this out? Still debating whether it's worth giving a shot, in case it fucks up my settings.

I hope ArmA III is optimized much better.

I run a resolution of 2560x1440 with SLI 580's and i5 2500K @ 4GHz and even when I turn all my settings to Low/Off I still get bad FPS. My resolution is probably the main culprit, but still.

Game looks so good maxed out but I get like 20 FPS.

Has anyone else tried this out? Still debating whether it's worth giving a shot' date=' in case it fucks up my settings.

[/quote']

I just tried the settings. I didn't play a whole lot, but it did seem to make a decent difference. If I were you I would screenshot the settings you have now, just so you have a backup in case the settings don't work the same for you. I would definitely give it a shot though, as it did help me.

I have tested these settings but I only get 20fps something like before. Im like never over 30fps. Often its around 20-27fps. In cities for some reason im often lower than 20 fps even if I am in a building. Its like its drawing what I cant see outside the building, feels unoptimized.

I have a q6600 2.4*4 4gb memory and nvidia 560ti 1gb. Think this a couple of years old game should run with alot higher fps than that and I dont have any other high settings in the game? Even if I run at quite high resolution 1920*1200.

I run BF3 on high settings with 50-60fps but on a lower resolution 16??*????.

I know antialiasing can take much power in arma2 but I dont want to compleatly disable antialiasing as the game look crap then but have it on low. And its a huge differens on performance between high and low on antialiasing.

With these settings I get strange dark flickering shadows around trees and stuff while moving.

Didnt have them before. Have tested some setting but cant get rid of them. Anyone know what setting that is causing them? I have uploaded a video of it on youtube: http://youtu.be/5Kvg5IOeTIQ

*EDIT* was ambient occlusion that caused the shadows. turned it off and they where gone.

I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine why turning Ambient Occlusion on would give me any increased performance. it tends to kill my FPS in other games...

With these settings I get strange dark flickering shadows around trees and stuff while moving.

Didnt have them before. Have tested some setting but cant get rid of them. Anyone know what setting that is causing them? I have uploaded a video of it on youtube: http://youtu.be/5Kvg5IOeTIQ

that sounds like Ambient Occlusion (your video is still being 'processed')

speaking of nvidia settings, does anyone play this game with FXAA?

I haven't tried it' date=' but I can't imagine why turning Ambient Occlusion on would give me any increased performance. it tends to kill my FPS in other games...

[hr']

that sounds like Ambient Occlusion (your video is still being 'processed')

speaking of nvidia settings, does anyone play this game with FXAA?

Think i tried to turn ambient off. shall try it again. just finished uploading on youtube should be processed soon.

Video is ready now. but shadow is not as visible on youtube as on vid on my computer. youtube must have compressed the video even if its 1080. and in the video it shows I have fps over 30?!?!? in the game i never have that dont know why it shows that in the video? maybe because i record in 30fps in fraps?

FXAA is off in my settings

*EDIT* tested to turn the off the ambient occlusion again and now the shadows are gone! maybe missed that setting before.

Now i get fps in the higher 20 and topped 33 fps. about 22-33 fps. But still kinda low for an old game... and cities are worst and its there I really need fps to be accurate among bandits and stuff :)

Think i tried to turn ambient off. shall try it again. just finished uploading on youtube should be processed soon.

Video is ready now. but shadow is not as visible on youtube as on vid on my computer. youtube must have compressed the video even if its 1080. and in the video it shows I have fps over 30?!?!? in the game i never have that dont know why it shows that in the video? maybe because i record in 30fps in fraps?

FXAA is off in my settings

it definitely looks like Ambient Occlusion. I think it's a cool looking effect, but I don't think it will increase performance. quite the opposite actually (unless there's something counterintuitive about it)

Has anyone else tried this out? Still debating whether it's worth giving a shot' date=' in case it fucks up my settings.

[/quote']

I just tried the settings. I didn't play a whole lot, but it did seem to make a decent difference. If I were you I would screenshot the settings you have now, just so you have a backup in case the settings don't work the same for you. I would definitely give it a shot though, as it did help me.

In my nvidia setting I get a restore button and the settings I change is highlighted. So you can easy restore them to default. Maybe this feature dont exist in all nvidia control panels?

I have a q6600 2.4*4 4gb memory and nvidia 560ti 1gb. Think this a couple of years old game should run with alot higher fps than that and I dont have any other high settings in the game? Even if I run at quite high resolution 1920*1200.

I run BF3 on high settings with 50-60fps but on a lower resolution 16??*????.

I know antialiasing can take much power in arma2 but I dont want to compleatly disable antialiasing as the game look crap then but have it on low. And its a huge differens on performance between high and low on antialiasing.

It might be your processor which causes low fps. Arma 2 is pretty demanding game for processors even it is "old" game.

Can someone help me? I'm using an ATI Graphic card but i dont know where to change these options in the AMD Vision Engine Control Center. Or where do i have to change it?

Can someone help me? I'm using an ATI Graphic card but i dont know where to change these options in the AMD Vision Engine Control Center. Or where do i have to change it?

Try ATI Tray Tools.