Hello everyone, I just bought Arma 2 and OA Thursday night. I've been going online and messing around for a few mins the past couple of days, found these forums and decided I'd drop by and say hey! I would like to meet some players for this game, so I can learn it better, so if anyone wants to play with a n00b just hit me up! I have Skype and TeamSpeak.

So far, I've just been solo and sticking to the forests and avoiding survivors lol. I doubt I'll be a bandit, I'll probably only kill when I feel like my life is on the line. But atleast running around has gave me time to learn the controls a little bit better, but I still need some help. Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope to see you guys out there! :)

Welcome to dayz and mod forums, have fun, trust no one, dont go to green mountain, never get in a vehicle with me as driver.

Welcome to dayz and mod forums, have fun, trust no one, dont go to green mountain, never get in a vehicle with me as driver.

Thanks and lol I would let you drive me anywhere. I've yet to find a vehicle haha.

Welcome to dayz, before playing I suggest you get white listed on a good server like balota buddies.

Just click the link in steaks signature to get there easily.

• Like 1

Welcome to dayz, before playing I suggest you get white listed on a good server like balota buddies.

You sly devil

Thanks! I'll look into but when I get back onto my pc, can't see sigs on my phone. What does being white listed actually do? N00b question, but this is the first pc game I've played in a long time.

Thanks! I'll look into but when I get back onto my pc, can't see sigs on my phone. What does being white listed actually do? N00b question, but this is the first pc game I've played in a long time.

Basically it allows the server to only allow people they trust on the server without having to lock it and maintain a password. It's done specifically in this case in order to not allow any hackers on the server. The Balota Buddies whitelsting process is quite extensive, but it's worth it. Only drawback is because it's a private server you'll only be able to play on that server and keep whatever gear you happen to find. When you join a different server, it will be a completely different character.

Welcome btw. I hope you enjoy the game, and don't be afraid to learn things the hard way. If you would like to play with some friendly people, or need any medical assistance, check out the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland (TMW). website is http://tmwdayz.com/ and teamspeak is ts.dayzmedics.com.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Basically it allows the server to only allow people they trust on the server without having to lock it and maintain a password. It's done specifically in this case in order to not allow any hackers on the server. The Balota Buddies whitelsting process is quite extensive, but it's worth it. Only drawback is because it's a private server you'll only be able to play on that server and keep whatever gear you happen to find. When you join a different server, it will be a completely different character.

Welcome btw. I hope you enjoy the game, and don't be afraid to learn things the hard way. If you would like to play with some friendly people, or need any medical assistance, check out the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland (TMW). website is http://tmwdayz.com/ and teamspeak is ts.dayzmedics.com.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out. :)