Sign in to follow this  
Techercizer

The damn fence clang and horse sounds need to go.

I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting in a house and heard a fence door slam shut outside. Whenever I go out to check it, though, not only is there never a fence door where the sound originated, there's often not even a fence door within 200 meters!

How many times have you been sprinting, crouching, or creeping through the woods when you've heard a horse snort, despite the fact that Day Z doesn't actually have horses as a life form in the game? Think about it: have you ever seen a horse in Cheranus, even once? If you're anything like me, that magic invisible horse follows your ass around 24/7. He probably has a fence door tied to his back or something.

These sounds don't add immersion, they don't create tense moments of paranoia or give life to an otherwise barren world. They're so obviously out of place that the only function they serve is to remind you exactly how artificial the world you're in is.

Twig snaps also get annoying, but those actually make sense and create emotional tension. I'm leaving those alone for now.

Oh, please. Sure it is't realistic but it scares me badly while I'm in a city. Maybe not in the wilderness, but I think in cities it's ok. Oh,and the random zombie moans need to go.

Haven't heard any random zombie moans, there's always zombies around for that.

If the fence clangs are going to stay, they need to be tied to areas with actual chain-link fences. The horse just needs to be removed, hands down; I can't see any in-game interpretation of it except that an invisible horse is following me around. Or my character is bonkers, I guess.

Ha, I thought I was the only person easily startled by that damn fence rattle!

Every time I hear it, I spin around to inspect who or what is near!

And usually, there's no fence. Like, having just gutted an animal in a field.

There's no chain link fence out here! Why did I just shit myself?

Turn off the music, that'll solve your problem...

music off too , initially tried to find it , being one of those people who bought arma II co purely for dayz , find that the controls were everywhere , but after my friend told me its possible, looked for it again and turned that dang thing off xD , i mean when its 12 pm in the fields in an almost empty server and theres nothing around you , the music starts going all fast beats just kills the mood like really kills it , xD.

yeah the clang is pretty gay. like the chap above said maybe ok in the city with these " random ghost ambience "

fark sake.