afewgoodzombies

Repost: Dayz dot ST downtime and poor support issues.

We had a problem about a month ago with DayZ.st. After they moved server locations our server went down and didn't come back for 7 days. 7. Days. Repeated emails, Twitter posts and IRC chats later. Nothing. Not 1 response to anything. Then after 7 days finally a message back! Restore your PBO file to default. It worked! Brilliant! But why on gods earth did it take 7 days for anyone to respond with something like that? I will never know! Awful service from DayZ.st.

I was quite happy when i had my dayz.st server :) support was a little slow but my server never suffered any downtime and the price was good.

It's also a well know fact that their IRC support is community based and not official, official support is email to admin@dayz.st

If you don't like them you do have the option to go elsewhere, kicking off and ranting at the day mod team does you no favours :)

• Like 1

I think two separate people posting the same thing serves almost the same purpose as a picture. It seems to work in court for murder trials, I would imagine it would be the same on a game forum. I came here researching server companies, and I know now not to go with dayz.st. Thank you afewgoodzombies and urbanskaters.

You just got banned for abusing forum members and mods (You're Afewgoodzombies) and now you've created this account to carry on trolling and further dilute the thread. All this achieves is taking the thread off topic (again) and making you look a bit silly. Banned for being banned and making a second account to congratulate yourself.

• Like 5

I was quite happy when i had my dayz.st server :) support was a little slow but my server never suffered any downtime and the price was good.

It's also a well know fact that their IRC support is community based and not official, official support is email to admin@dayz.st

If you don't like them you do have the option to go elsewhere, kicking off and ranting at the day mod team does you no favours :)

Why did you leave them then? Just curious, if you found a better service let me know and I'll consider them too.

Telling people not to post their opinions is typical of todays standards. Let a company get away with being disgraceful just because one lone poster who doesn't even use them anymore themselves, says they are ok?

I assure you I'm not kicking off at anyone , least the dayz mod staff.

Edited by urbanskaters

Is my post being sabotaged on purpose?

It was funny how after I agreed to repost my original thread, that same guy reposted his at exactly the same time and then it just had to be merged again. Something fishy is going on here and I'm not sure everything is what it seems. My post could have been left as it was and you could have deleted his/her post outright.. This feels like a stitch up!

Edited by urbanskaters

Jesus, just stay on topic! It's really easy! If I'd have just deleted the post you'd probably be even more paranoid thinking people supporting you were being censored, we can't win. Look at it this way, that plank has given you loads of free bumps, if it wasn't for him this thread would have died a long time ago.

Edited by Fraggle

Jesus, just stay on topic! It's really easy! If I'd have just deleted the post you'd probably be even more paranoid thinking people supporting you were being censored, we can't win. Look at it this way, that plank has given you loads of free bumps, if it wasn't for him this thread would have died a long time ago.

Sure thing, you're the boss (was I onto something?).. This post wasn't about "bumps" , it was about my experience with dayz.st and I couldn't care less about another post made by another person, that had nothing to do with me, this was my post that you had no right to interfere with (sorry, i forgot you're the boss). He wasn't supporting my post, he was making his own post on the same subject using his own language, hardly supporting my view point. So every time someone steps out of line (as I evidently just did), you jump down their throats with a rude reply. Oh well, he got that right too..

Back on topic. A simple search on these forums will return hundreds of complaints relating to or at least mentioning similar experiences with dayz.st .. Not many of them have screenshots, mostly anecdotal I'm afraid..

Edited by urbanskaters

Is my post being sabotaged on purpose?

It was funny how after I agreed to repost my original thread, that same guy reposted his at exactly the same time and then it just had to be merged again. Something fishy is going on here and I'm not sure everything is what it seems. My post could have been left as it was and you could have deleted his/her post outright.. This feels like a stitch up!

I assure you, we are not orchestrating a "Moron-for-hire" to sabotage your thread. He was banned for flaming DayZ staff both in posts and in PM, and he just got banned again for trying to evade a ban. Please do not pay attention to this person and continue with your thread.

You're right on one thing, and one thing only; his post was not contributing to yours. But that's where it ends; the mods have every right to interfere, as it is their job to keep the place tidy. You say yourself, both of your posts were on the same subject, and at the same time. Why run two different conversations in two different places, about one thing? Look at the forums. This happens EVERY time there are two threads about the same thing, there's literally no point to it. Now please, do not prove my initial judgement of you wrong. You are starting to blame moderators for simply doing their job, and are trying to make out as if there is an ulterior motive, like they get paid to fuck around with random people. This is what that troll did, and we can all agree it was nothing more than a troll.

Back on topic, a few quotes from other people would certainly strengthen your first post, you should do that for those of us too lazy to search ourselves (A.K.A Me D:)

Edited by Rage VG

I too fail to see your issue.

We all agree with you that issues should be aired. Snarky comments dont help your case.

If there were some conspiracy I simply would have hidden your post or advised you not to post again.. You know exactly why I merged your thread. If you dislike any of our comments or judgements please contact a "Green" titled mod.

Rgds

LoK

I assure you, we are not orchestrating a "Moron-for-hire" to sabotage your thread. He was banned for flaming DayZ staff both in posts and in PM, and he just got banned again for trying to evade a ban. Please no not pay attention to this person and continue with your thread.

Back on topic, a few quotes from other people would certainly strengthen your first post, you should do that for those of us too lazy to search ourselves (A.K.A Me D:)

Looks like you should be moderating these forums. The rest of them could use a lesson in humility and decorum.

Sorry. I've had enough of this and your conspiracy theories. As you've said, there's already many other threads regarding this, go and use one of those. All you have to do is stay on topic.

locked.

Not happy? Contact an admin.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1