NavyCow

Lag on high population servers

Hello fellow DayZ'rs...

I seem to be having a problem that is really affecting my gameplay. When I log into a server with around 5-10 people on it, my game runs smoothly with probably around 30 fps, but when I go into a server that has more than 20 people, my game begins to lag a lot, and I begin getting lower fps.

If someone could help me out, that would help a whole heck of a lot! Thank you all!

Well, duh... the more people connected, the more devices the server has to keep up with and your game has to keep up with. The more loot that is spawning, and (worst of all) the more zombies that are spawning. More players = more work for the server, their PCs, and your PC. The only fix is to find as low a ping server as possible and play at medium-population servers. I'm sorry you're having this bad luck :(

If you want to join a server that has around 10 players and is pretty lag free, join hostname Applejaxc! (servers online near you)

Hey, thank's for the response, but is there any way that I can help the lag with any software, or hardware? Please let me know. Thanks!!!

I had this problem also in the past. I dont think its a problem with you/your hardware. Many servers are to weak to handle higher player population. A clear indicator for that is also sometimes when it doesnt spawn the loot and the Zeds right. Thats also a reason why many servers restart every few hours.

I recommend trying another server!

Hey, thank's for the response, but is there any way that I can help the lag with any software, or hardware? Please let me know. Thanks!!!

Yes, upgrading your system would help.

Hey guys,

yesterday i stumbeled upon a a post from a guy with a solution to get dayz to run better...after following his instruction my dayz (and arma2) runs GREAT now..really for me its a 100% fps increase ...from around 20 fps in ig towns to 40 fps in big towns ...and i can even set things to high now!

anyway the simple fix goes as follows:

go to "my documents"------.in that folder is a map called "ARMA2"----- open that map-------inside that map are 2 .cfg files namely: ArmA2.cfg and ArmA2OA.cfg.

when u open the cfg file with notepad u get like 10 lines of text.

only these 2 lines are important:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

change both those values to this:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

do this for both ArmA2.cfg as for ArmA2OA.cfg and your done!

really its that simple and makes (for me and from what ive read a whole lot of other ppl) a BIG difference!

maybe everybody knows about this allready but there you go...do yourself a favour and try it out..if it doesnt work for you u can always change it back to the old values.

when this is helping you and you meet me ingame (the name is Zed) give me a tin of backed beans plz (-:

Snagged from this thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...olution-inside/

Could be a big help before jumping the gun and upgrading your system. In most cases, it's not because you have a slow system, it's because Bohemia's engine is pretty poorly optimized.

Edited by apollochaos

If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.

1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.

2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager

3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.

4.Use any software like Game Booster

5.Move closer to server

I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using Whoisxy.com

I had this problem also in the past. I dont think its a problem with you/your hardware. Many servers are to weak to handle higher player population. A clear indicator for that is also sometimes when it doesnt spawn the loot and the Zeds right. Thats also a reason why many servers restart every few hours.

I recommend trying another server!

I'm currently playing on a Sahrani server that has failed to restart for almost 5000 minutes. It's still spawning everything perfectly fine, must be a hell of a rig.