torstein.10@hotmail.com

Stolen cd key, please help

Ok, so my cd key was stolen in like 3-4 weeks ago, and i was wundering how i can change my cd key?

I have bought arma 2 OA on another steam account but dont know how to transfer the cd key to my old steam account.

Does anyone know how to transfer the cd key from on steam to another?

I think you could gift it to your other account, but out of curiousity, how did someone steal your CD key? Did you download an FPS booster like I've seen in someones sig?

I made a guide on how to do this with images. Gimme a moment.

EDIT:

1. Delete both ArmA II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead.

ss2013-04-27at014033_zps3fe8ab4d.png

2. Completely exit Steam.

clip2013-04-27at013007_zps210eb25e.png

3. Re-run Steam as Administrator.

clip2013-04-27at013128_zpsaee0db8c.png

4. Reinstall both ArmA II and ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead. No picture, I'm not sitting through a reinstall. NOTE: If you are trying to replace your CD-Key with a new copy, make sure you are signed into the alternate account which has your new copy on it during this step.

And before you ask, yes, you can sign in and play DayZ/ArmA II from your old steam account again after doing this.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 4

i was downloading a FPS program

Well theres your problem! Never download FPS increasing programs without absolutely positively knowing its safe.

Well theres your problem! Never download FPS increasing programs without absolutely positively knowing its safe.

As said above, don't download anything that you aren't 100% sure it's safe to download. I would say get anything related to getting a fps boost is Razer Game Booster.

Email support[at]bistudio.com. Say someone stole your key, and they will reply requesting 5 pieces of evidence they need to confirm the key was stolen. Investigations may take up to 2 weeks once evidence is sent. (Don't modify/crop images in any way once they prompt you to give evidence!)

-EDIT- Emailing BattlEye is hopeless as they cannot confirm if you was hacking or your key was stolen. They can do nothing about it. They will just redirect you to the email above.

Edited by British Cadet