Deathcall

The Hunting Grounds | DayZ Lingor 1.3 | Community and custom Scripts | Custom Locations

The Hunting Grounds

THG is a DayZ Lingor Server hosted by Vilayer.  We have our own webpage, forumsand teamspeak. Our staff has both admins and developers. We are an open concept community and prefer to share our ideas and decisions with our players, so you'll see that even the staff sections of our forums are open for everyone to take a look and voice their opinion.

But then again, you probably don't want to hear about that just yet.

When it comes to our DayZ Server, we offer our players a variety of customizations, granted, many of them can be found on any server, but it's the mixture that makes us a unique place to visit and have fun, either alone or with friends. Here's a comprehensive list of all the customizations we currently have:

Always Daytime*
Dynamic Weather (by Enigma, no fog)
1500m View Distance
Vehicle Towing and Helicopter Lifting (by R3F)
Wild Dogs (Custom version of Clay's Dogs)
Vehicle Scavenging (by SilverScript)
Siphon Fuel (by TorturedChunk)
Custom Locations (by The Architect & Sten)
Extra Vehicle Spawns (300+)
Extra Vehicle Types (PKT Trucks, LAVs, and others)
Who killed Who with What messages
Two-Hour Three Restart Cycles
Minimized Helicopter Crashes (only 2 or 3 per cycle)

* Admins can set the time of the day to whatever they wish at any time!

As you can see, we've implemented most of the community scripts that can be found on OpenDayZ and other sources. However, we have also implemented some "home-brew" scripts by our own developers.

You may be asking yourself, what are those "custom locations". For that, I believe a picture says more than a thousand words, here, have a look:

pmcsupplydepot.jpg

Also, let me tell you that these custom locations aren't just pretty to look at. Our developers have gone through great lengths to motivate players to go there. These bases offer everything a survivor (or bandit) may want, weapons, supplies, vehicle parts...

cepscscavengestation.jpg

Or just a place to fight over for dominance!

oldspanishcastlesurviva.jpg

Our server tries to appeal to everyone. Survivors and Bandits should feel at home. The size of Lingor itself allows for fast-paced action across the map, and the custom locations, increased number of vehicles and other scripts added to the server make it so you don't have to spend too much time "gearing up" before you can actually start "surviving".

Now, don't get us wrong. We enjoy the survival aspect of DayZ. And our server clearly puts this into evidence. Our vehicles don't spawn full repaired (or even close) and finding a helicopter crash site is extremely rare, up to the point where only a small number of our players go around with .50 cals.

We are not a fresh server. We have been active for almost six months now. Sadly, due to really bad customer support from our previous hoster, we were forced to suddenly change our IP, making us lose a good chunk of our regulars (unless until they find us again). In any case, our previous server was good enough to make it to the 23th position worldwide! That said, there's always room for growth and we'd like more people to join and, if possible, actively participate in the decision-making and suggestion box of our community.

What else is there to say? I could talk about our admins, but telling you how we try to be fair and not abuse our powers is pointless. Who would promote his own server saying otherwise? I could tell you about how hackers are rare, but again, same problem. Bottom line: There's always complaints and there's always hackers. We do our best, but it's up to you - the player - to check it our for yourself.

Well, I believe I've said my piece. The only thing left is to formally invite you to join our server and have fun!

199.192.203.189:2342

Edited by Deathcall

Don't go to this server. Went there last night. One of the "custom" areas was called the "supply depot" (the first picture in the original post). The area is hacked and you can't shoot your weapon, but they can shoot you. The whole server is bugged.

Hum... no it is not.

What are you talking about?

I saw your message about not being able to fire your weapon, nobody else on the server complained about anything similar... EVER...

The whole server is bugged? Sounds a bit far-fetched...

Are you sure you did not forget to press F to select your current weapon? It's a common DayZ problem.

EDIT

I've been gathering info on your problem.

You've got only one survival attempt on our server.

Start Time

2013-05-01 00:26:55

End Time

2013-05-01 00:49:28

How can you claim the whole server is bugged when you played for less than half an hour?

Let me show you something else... this is about what "state" your character was at when you died:

"["","aidlpknlmstpsraswpstdnon_player_idlesteady02",41]" <<< YOUR STATE

You know what that is? What if I show you this:

"["Makarov","aidlpknlmstpsraswpstdnon_player_idlesteady03",41]" <<< HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN

You know the difference? It's that you DID NOT HAVE YOUR WEAPON READY. That's why you couldn't shoot.

Don't come blaming our server for your lack of skill, PLEASE.

Anyway, you are welcome to come back, just try to think before you go posting lies on forums...

EDIT 2

evidencej.jpg

Just in case you claim I'm making stuff up.

And, for S&G, this:

jokeadminabuse.jpg

Edited by Deathcall

As an end result of my 1 week experiance on the server. i was banned from the Lingor server. I was banned for even questioning the admins teleporting and spawning of gear and vehicles. As of now the only admin on the server who knows how to run a successful server is deathcall. The other admins are far more concerned about their personal enjoyment such as teleporting around killing people, then the population and quality of the server. If you are reading this and are considering the hunting grounds as a primary server, please consider this account of admin abuse and when it might happen to you. The admins are well known for their spawned in gear as well as vehicles etc. They may not bother you now, but what happens when the server population falls and you are sitting in a 0 player environment with a dmr.

• Like 3

Yah, this server is rife with admin abuse. The admins help their friends out by spectating you on their behalf, I caught someone who combat logged, they banned him for 1 hour and banned me for 24 for saying the word "negus" http://www.merriam-w...ictionary/negus .

I recommend not going to this server. Don't waste your time.

We played on this server for a week, its a real shame that the admins abuse when they have all these great modules added to the mission.

Edited by HarunDanyal
  • Like 2

Well Harun, after being warned multiple times about using racist remarks, you decided to be a smart ass and said " what's up my negus ". As that is clearly trying to find a loop hole, that earned you a 24hr ban. Now, it should have ended right there, but you decided to then spam our server trying to rejoin, which has no led to your perma ban.

Pillow, you made a big stink because an admin killed you, now despite being told by multiple admins, multiple times, that your death was a 100% legit kill, you refused to listen, and continued to harrass the admin team on the matter, we just simply had enough of it. Anways, you're back now, and this matter has been dealt with.

We try our best to keep the server clean, and we expect the players to obey the rules we have put forth. You'll find the admin staff very helpful, and you'll find that all the claims of abuse are unfounded.

Thank you, and we hope to see you on The Hunting Grounds.

Edited by Mystic_Phoenix

I am trying to play on it with a buddy right now, and it's unplayable due to FPS. Can be enjoyable, but you need to turn your max people down.

Hello again!

I'd like to share a bit more info with you all about our server, this was supposed to be in your in-game diary, but I can't figure out how to put it there without it being deleted, so you'll have to read it here.

Hopefully, it helps you decide to play on our server!

THG General Info

FAQ
If whatever you are wondering isn't specified here or in another subject in here, contact an admin.
Q: Why can't I fire/aim with my gun?
A: Double tap F.
Q: Why are the hangars not auto-repairing/refueling?
A: It's client side. Relog and try again.
Q: Why isn't the death message saying the killer's name?
A: Headshots and critical damage shots do not show messages.
Q: What's with that huge boat patrolling the South Seas?
A: Eye-candy, the boat cannot be boarded or destroyed.
Q: Admin, can you give me X or do X for me?
A: No.
Q: Is X area non-PVP?
A: PVP is allowed server-wide.

ADMIN POWERS

The Hunting Grounds uses a modified version of BluePhoenix175's Admin Tool Panel. This is not up to discussion, we admin with these tools and will keep doing it. If you do not trust us with these tools, you'll have to go to another server.

What is it that we can do?
Teleport
: Us, you and any kind of vehicle.
ESP
: Shows us every player, vehicle and tent in the map.
Vehicles
: We can spawn, fix, flip or destroy any vehicle.
Gear
: We can give ourselves any piece of gear in the game.
God Mod
: We can make ourselves and our vehicles unkillable.
Zombie Shield
: We can prevent zombies from spawning in a given range around us.
Buildings
: We can repair broken down buildings.
Skins
: We can give ourselves any skin we wish.

We have other powers related to events and other types of control over the server, but these are the ones most people find "scandalous".

Don't even ask us if we use our powers for our own benefit, nobody would be stupid enough to answer yes to that. It's a troll question and a dumb one at that. Our powers are there for the benefit of the server. Admins with their tools activated aren't "playing", they are doing admin work. When an admin stops doing whatever he has to do, he deactivates his tools and goes back to being a regular player.

Whatever you may think, this is what happens. We could still do everything we can do with BluePhoenix's Tools by using the database or custom scripts.

It's a matter of trust. If you don't believe we play fair, then you'll have to look for another server.

CODE OF CONDUCT

For the benefit of the entire server, we have established these simple rules, some of them are common sense, but since many lack such a thing, we'll enumerate them here:
No talking in Side Chat.
No Combat Logging.
No duping of any kind.
No badmouthing this or other servers.
No spamming.
No excessive trolling.
No hacking of any kind.
Drop the subject if an admin asks you to.
Go to the forums if you have a complaint.
Keep douchebaggery to the bare minimum.

WEBSITE

TEAMSPEAK

We have our own TeamSpeak3 server. If you are alone or if you managed to form a team, you'll benefit greatly from the extra coordination given by TS. Just remember, push-to-talk and don't be disruptive. There's enough channels, but if you want one for yourself or your team, just ask an admin.

talonite.typefrag.com:6860

Edited by Deathcall

THG Server Scripts

Our server has an assortment of community and custom scripts, here you'll find a brief description of the most important ones.

Towing and Lifting: You can tow vehicles to other vehicles (usually only large vehicles can TOW, but there are some exceptions). You can also lift most vehicles using helicopters (Littebirds can't).

Vehicle Scavenging: You can remove parts from vehicles as long as they are completely green. You'll need a toolbox for this.

Siphon Fuel: You can siphon fuel out of vehicles as long as you have an empty jerry can and the vehicle has enough fuel to fill it (around 20 liters).

Remove Clothes: You can remove ghillies and camo clothing from dead players. There's a chance they'll tear!

Self-Bloodbag: You can use bloodbags on yourself. They don't heal as much and have a long cooldown, you also need to be out of combat and remain still while performing the action.

Study-Body: You can use the study body command on a dead player to get info on him in the form of a prompt on the top-right corner of your screen.

Less Zombies: Our server has a reduced number of zombies in order to improve performance. They spawn at, roughly, 250 meters.

Weapons: This server sports almost every weapon allowed in DayZ Lingor, most of them can be bound in barracks, but some are only found in heli-crashes.

Day/Night: Admins can control the time of the day, if the server wants it, we can make it night without having to restart. We can, in the same way, make it day without a hassle.

Extra Vehicles: Our server has the LAV25-HQ and the BTR90-HQ as well as armored M2 and TOW humvees, PKT trucks and a several helicopter types.

Edited by Deathcall

THG Custom Locations

ABOUT CUSTOM LOCATIONS

Our server counts with a handful of dedicated developers who have taken into improving your experience by adding new locations and lore to Lingor. Around your map, you'll see a lot of markers that show where these new areas can be found.

IMPROVED EL VILLON

Some new buildings have been added to the city itself, including a supermarket, hospital and military barracks. There's also a whole new industrial complex nearby. Look for the huge smoke stack.

NORTH EASTERN MILITARY BASE

The vanilla base currently here has been bolstered with some defenses, there's also a few more buildings, including a high-yield barracks.

PISTA AIRFIELD

We have added a few more buildings to this area in order to give players who spawn nearby easier access to gear. There's now industrials and a medium and high-yield barracks on the airfield.

CEP - SURVIVOR CAMP

The Christian Extremist Party was a major political power based in San Arulco before the infection. When the outbreak began, they evacuated a lot of people to the Old Dutch Castle overlooking the city.

The Survivor Camp was hastily fortified and organized. After some in-fighting, the camp was put under the direct control of the clergy, banishing the political figures or outright executing them.

You can find vehicle parts, food, ammo and Russian based guns at the CEP - Survivor Camp. It's also an excellent stop before heading further north. Bare in mind, the surrounding hills to the south make it a hard to escape sniper trap.

VENATOR PMC CONTROL AREA

The Venator Private Military Company was hired by the Victorin Oil Company before the outbreak to protect it's oil-fields and refinery from the guerrilla forces.

The Venator PMC established it's HQ by the island behind the Refinery south of Victorin. They also created several strongholds around the area in order to control traffic coming in and out. After the outbreak, the VOC CEO re-negotiated their deal, charging them with not only the protection of their assets but their lives as well. Several company members evacuated to the Venator Control Area and have survived thus far under their protection.

You can find vehicle parts, fuel, food, ammo and a wide variety of weapons at the Venator Area. It's also a neuralgic point in the map, as it control all transit coming or going from the SE area.

The Venator PMC is still a WIP.

OLD SPANISH CASTLE

The Old Spanish Castle was constructed during the mid-colonial times of Lingor in order to guard El Villon from sea attack. Abandoned after Lingor gained it's independence and with the jungle slowly reclaiming it, it has become a second-rate tourist attraction.

After the outbreak, a few survivors made camp in the castle, leaving some supplies in it. What happened to them is unknown.

The Castle looks over the majority of the SE region of Lingor and is an excellent spot to scout or rest before moving out of the area.

EITC STRONGHOLD

After the People of Lingor won their independence war the British looked at the archipelago with interest. Convinced that they could turn Lingor into a new Gibraltar, they sent the East India Trading Company to establish a foothold in the area.

After years of commercial aid, the British showed their true colors and attempted to force Lingor to accept their "protection". A short land-war ensued. Lucky for the People of Lingor, they managed to force the castle's garrison to surrender before the British reinforcements (who had been caught in a storm) could arrive. Using their lives, they reached a peace agreement with the British.

Considered a historical monument, the Castle was kept in shape by the Lingor Ministry of History and Culture until the GLA occupied it.

After the outbreak, the GLA remained there and even took some of the nearby population under their protection.

You can find vehicle parts, supplies and some weapons at the EITC Stronghold.

FORTALEZA VICTORIA

Fortaleza Victoria was the seat of the Spanish Viceroy during the colonial times of Lingor. Viceroy Edmundo de Barca named the Fortress after his daughter, who had perished at sea. The Fortress endured three months of assaults until the Viceroy decided to surrender. He was hanged soon after but his death wish of being thrown into the sea with his daughter was respected.

Before the outbreak, the Fortress was under the control of the Lingor Loyalist, a para-military force aligned with the President and charged with controlling traffic heading into his seat of government, Maruko. After the outbreak, the Loyalist remained there, awaiting further orders.

You can find vehicle parts, food and a wide assortment of Russian weaponry in Fortaleza Victoria. It's also a neuralgic point in the map, controlling every high-way heading East, West and South.

AMERICAN EXPEDITIONARY FLEET

The American Expeditionary Fleet was sent by President Obama to keep an eye on the on-going conflict between the GLA and the Lingor Army. Technically just an observational force, there has been rumors that they are supplying the GLA.

After the outbreak, the AEF remained anchored nearby the coast of Maruko to provide humanitarian aid. However, the infection spread on the USS Reagan from an unknown source, forcing the American government to put the entire fleet under quarantine.

There's nothing on the fleet right now, it's still a WIP.

Edited by Deathcall

THG Events

ABOUT EVENTS

Events are organized by admins to give players something different to do. Sometimes they are just organized on the spot, other times, they require you to sign up on the forums.

Most events require group play and communication, so it's best to have a team already formed and access to some kind of VON program (remember you can use the one in General Info).

HUNTER PREY

In Hunter/Prey, a player is chosen among those who wish to participate and becomes the Prey. Every other participant is a Hunter. After the Prey has been selected, he has to choose a "Hunting Ground", a reduced section of the map where the hunt will take place (one square mile or less). The Prey gets a free-loudout to defend himself, a vehicle (that he has to park between 100-200 meters of his hiding spot) and a rare skin (to make him easy to identify). Hunters participate with whatever gear they have on themselves or can choose weapons from admin created medium yield boxes. Their objective is to kill or capture the prey, whichever hunter accomplishes this, becomes the new prey, thus starting the event anew. In case the Prey manages to eliminate all hunters in the Hunting Ground, he retains the title of Prey.

Hunters killed by other hunters may get teleported back to the Hunting Ground. They can grab any gear left in the box or go back to their bodies, it's up to them. Hunters killed by the Prey can't be teleported back, but they can still participate if they make their own way to the Hunting Ground.

Each "round" lasts until the prey is killed or captured or until all hunters have been eliminated from the Hunting Ground. The rounds repeat as long as there's enough players willing to participate and admins willing to supervise the event.

BRIDGE DOMINANCE

In Bridge Dominance, the admins will populate the Maruko/NE Island bridge with wreckage and ambient effects. This will turn the first stretch of the bridge in an unpassable, close quarter combat area and create two "spawning" areas on each side.

The event can be played out in two ways:

Total Dominance - The two teams strive to reach the other side of the bridge. Whoever manages to breach the others base and destroy their vehicles wins.

Resource Dominance - Standed in the middle of the bridge is a Refuel URAL, each team will have to fill empty jerry cans (found at their starting areas) with fuel at it and bring them back to their base while fighting off the other team. Whichever team has the most fuel when the event ends wins.

In either case, both teams start with three vehicles loaded with medium yield weapons and supplies. Whenever a player dies, he'll be teleported back to his team's base, up until the point where said base is breached.

EGG-HUNT

In Egg-Hunt, the admins will hide boxes with goodies in an area of the map and invite everyone to try and find them! It's up to you if you'll share with your fellow hunter or want all the loot for yourself!

TRADE HUB

In Trade Hub, the admins will fortify an area of the map and organize a trading post for players to negotiate for different items they may have trouble finding in-game. Admins will trade absolutely everything... for a price.

WILD DOGS

Who doesn't like dogs? YOU! Wild dogs will spawn nearby areas where there has been carnage. They are also attracted to gun-fire and bodies. They are relentless and will do their best to eat you. Dogs do not deal blood damage, instead, they'll just bite away at your limbs until they manage to bring you down. Usually, it takes three hits for them to kill a human, so watch out!

PRECISION JUMPING

In Precision Jumping, an admin will spawn in a C130 and invite players to join him in a massive HALO jump. Whoever lands closest to the designated target gets a reward! Bear in mind, there can only be ONE winner. If two or more people make it, they must fight to the death!

If I had stumbled on this post and read the comments, I wouldn't connect to this server, but wanted to give my 2 cents, having played on it for a fortnight.....this server is absolutely class. Best fun I have had so far in Dayz, and the player base is a nice mixture, some are cool guys and some are complete rage idiots, so it makes for good fun when you put one in someone's head. Since the re-IP, the numbers are lower, I guess it will take a few days for people to find it again, but I recommend playing on this server, it's really really good fun. I also play on the zombies.nu, for the token "hardcore fix", but for plenty of sniping/ambushing vehicles/robbing choppers etc, this is the place.

• Like 1

Thank you for your recomendation.

We are currently kinda low on numbers because of the IP change as you said, but I have confidence that given some time we'll get our regulars back. We are, simply put, one of the most and best customized Lingor server out there, and our numbers pre-change show that.

• Like 1

Since a few month I play regular on this server, so I decided to register myself and write a few words here after reading some of the comments.

First of all I NEVER saw something thats comes even close to an abusive admin, the admins are fair, very helpful and friendly so is most of the other regular players on the hunting grounds. I never was flamed here for killing someone like on most DayZ servers! The custom locations look like they are made professionals and adding a great depth to the game. Great variety of vehicles and weapons too. But don´t belive me, go check it out yourself and I´m pretty sure you will agree with me!

I played on a whole lotta servers but this is the best Lingor server I found so far!

Server has had a recent change, seems the guys that ran the server had a scuffle among themselves and have split up.  Now I know why.

The admins there now, with the exception of deathcall (who has generally been a very decent and fair player/admin), clearly use the admin tools to esp and find enemies, spawn themselves top tier loot, as50s, lrr's, not to say these aren't available in the wild; they are, but at least 3 admins abuse the system VERY badly.  

I have run several servers and know all too well about the cries of players claiming admin abuse so I do not take this post lightly.  It pains me to see other fellow server admin doing this but I tell you all, it IS happening here.

This is no rant, just a warning.  Play there at your own risk.

That is all. 

Edited by chisel

Sigh...

We have a huge number of players, but for some reason, only the unsatisfied customers ever show up on the forums... Maybe it's like a rule... only people who hate you bother with actually posting. Guess it's something they teach you at university.

In any case, let me show you how wrong you are.

First and foremost, there has been no "scuffle" among our admins. We changed hoster from DayZ.st to Vilayer simply because of the absurd frecuency of DDoS attacks we got on the former. All of our admin staff transfered over, there's even posts about this on our website. Please do some research before posting...

Now, about our tools. I think I've already posted here. This is a matter of trust, if you don't think we play fair, then you must go to another server. I see you complain, but I don't see you provide any evidence. As it stands now, it's just empty words. You don't even try to give me a frame in which to work with here, I don't even know your in-game player name.

[Also, you claim AS50s and LRRs aren't in game? Please... Go to your mission file, fixes, building_spawnLoot.sqf, look up the categories and you'll see everything that spawns on our server and the spawn chances for each particular item. Again, please do your research before posting.]OLD

["I just re-read your post. You didn't claim it that those weapons aren't in game, you just said we use tools to acquire them. It still is a baseless accusation since you provide no evidence."] NEW

About us giving ourselves weapons... We don't. As simple as that. Don't trust us, then go play on another server. Frankly, I rarely have a sniper on my hands.

Ah, now I notice your signature I suppose you are Smacker?

We banned you for teleporting. It was yesterday so I remember pretty well.

The situation was as follows:

I'm sitting at Fortaleza Victoria (custom area, 400m NW from Checkpoint Oeste) and had laid down some mines on the approaching roads (mines spawn at the Fortaleza each restart). A chinook takes down the AI chopper (cobra 86) just in front of the fortress and then you guys show up with your BTR to check it out. I shoot at you and you take cover behind the chopper, then the BTR retreats on the road towards Maruko and steps on a mine (incapacitating it). Since I couldn't hit you with my AK107, I grab our own LAV (which I found completely out of tires just in front of Checkpoint Oeste that same restart and had fixed with supplies from the Fortress) and go over there. I spot you and run you over. Effectively killing you.

Next I try to find your buddy and ask the guys on the chinook (who are regulars and usually friendly to me) to tell me where he is. I go over the landpass that leads onto Maruko and suddenly see a fresh spawn running over there, so, after some driving around the person, I get on my gun and kill him. I find out it was you again.

Now, you may not know this, but I have complete knowledge of every spawn location on the map (which can be found on your mission.sqm file) and the log-in mechanics and "safety zones" in which a player can spawn in. There's no way you spawned close enough to be there that quick. There simply isn't. You teleported, as easy as that.

I'm not talking in the air here, everything I said is backed up with evidence that you, yourself, have access to if you only go and fetch the mission file you downloaded when entering our server and check out the scripts.

Now, if you don't trust us with our powers, then don't play on our server. That's an entirely different matter. But don't come here saying we cheat or take advantage of our tools just because you got banned.

Edited by Deathcall

The admins are mature, active, freindly and playing legit. The server is good and dosnt lag at all. (and that is from someone who plays with 130-150 ms)

the map is beautiful and well made and the custom bases are just incredible. i have seen all of the whiners that have posted here in game.. and well.. there is no need to post shit about a server just becouse you die and dont wanna admit that dayz it self have some bugs and the player who killed you was just better.. so if someone is avoid this server becouse of the bad players posting bad posts about a good server then sure, find another server.. but if your looking for loads of action, nice gear, good variety of vehicles and bases then The Hunting Grounds IS the place for you.

• Like 1

Hey Deathcall.  No I am not smacker, but I was there.  

Funny how when your admin cuntsauce combat logged on us, smacker was the most vocal about an ADMIN combat logging, which is against the rules, next thing you know, cuntsauce happens to claim he witnessed smacker teleport.  

You try to discredit our claim of an admin breaking rules by claiming the most vocal complainer was teleporting.  You see, who can believe a teleporter right?  He must have lied about your admin combat logging because he's a teleporter.  Does anyone on these boards think that is the way a server admin should handle someone with a beef against an admin?

Another thing, on dump hill, at least two admins (3 people not sure if 3rd was admin) sniped all day there.  Weapons?  AS50s and LRRs.  We flank hill, kill them, their bodies have no gear on them, and their diaries have no information in them.  5 minutes later, guess whos back on dump hill sniping again with as50s and LRRs?  You guessed it, a couple admins.  My guess is they do this and you don't know they do this.  Of course you will take their word over ours, I'm not trying to change your mind, I know I will not.

I was not banned from your server I left myself and no worries I will not return.  I refuse to play on a server where admins play in this manner.  I'm not saying all admins play this way or even that it's widespread ( I have no idea how many admins you have) but I do KNOW at least two do cheat.

fwiw, deathcall, you seem to be a very fair and decent guy, your other admins however are not. It's that simple.  I'm not going to argue about this.  I came here to let others know this happens on this server.  They are dirty, not all but some are dirty admins.  How many dirty admins does it take to ruin a server?  Don't make a claim against an admin, or maybe you will be their next teleporter.

End of story.

I will not respond to any further discussion here, I came here to warn others, I have done so.  Your admins have wasted enough of my time.

Alright, so here we go again...

Let me show you how wrong you are once more.

First and foremost, Cuntsauce didn't combat log. The situation was as follows:

Your group got their hands on a BTR (the same one I ended up blowing up later) and you went to where they were sniping from and started chasing them around. Eventually, you lose track of them and remain still, and this is when Cuntsauce logged to go get something to eat. I looked in the server.rpt logs to check and I saw no combat logging flag for him, so I assumed he wasn't in combat, hence, no combat log. It's not like you were firing at him and he ALT F4'ed or that you were chasing him down a road and he quit, you had lost track of him, hence, combat was over.

If I were to follow your strict application of this rule, I'd have to forbid everyone from logging out if there's a chopper flying around them, simply because there is a possibility of combat, even though it hasn't started. The combat sensor has a timeout of 30 seconds for a reason. It's not the best mechanic, but it's what we've got.

Alright, now to your second claim...

You say I try to discredit you (or Smacker), that's simply nonesense. It's you who are trying to discredit us with your reports of admin abuse and whatnot when you did not (and have not) provided any evidence to them. You just come here and say we are bad admins and want to deterr people from playing on our server, and if people were to read just your side of the story, I'm sure a couple would veer off. This is why I have to show everyone just how baseless and pointless your accusations are.

You have not denied Smacker's teleportation. And, once again, you are wrong. It was ME who first asked him how it was possible for him to be there so soon. And he said he respawned there. Which, as I've previously explained (and you have not contradicted either), is impossible. Another admin supported me in my belief, and since he kept his falacy up, I banned him for teleportation.

So you see... It's exactly the opposite of what you say. Why should we believe the word of a script kiddie? Your friend Smacker teleported, he also called out Cuntsauce for combat logging as soon as he left to grab his meal, which I consider highly suspicious since even if he could inferr his name because he had killed his associate earlier, how could he know he (presumably) combat logged right away? If he had him in his sights, why didn't he run him over or shoot at him? I don't understand this, and I'm willing to bet you can't explain it either.

Far as I can see, I've provided plenty of evidence and the burden of proof is on you. You haven't denied the teleportation, and your claims of an admin combat logging are, as well, baseless or otherwise highly suspicious.

Very well, what was next?

Ah, yes. The dumphill incident.

First, the admin's gear. All our admins usually play exclusively on our server, they play for hours and hours and have been doing so for months. It's only logical that they'd have very good gear. You are just presuming they gave themselves their weapons, again, you provide no evidence while I give you a perfectly good reason for them to have them. Find one heli-crash site on our server and you'll most likely find all those weapons you mentioned, we've scripted it like that, which is why heli-crashes are so rare. Again, I direct you to our mission files in order to confirm this.

Second, you killing them and finding no gear. I wasn't there for the action, but I could hear them in TS. I'm pretty sure you didn't kill the whole group. Most likely, the surviving members (who, by the way, weren't admins) grabbed their weapons. Now, as to way there was no info on their bodies, I'm not sure. I could venture a guess and say that they took their clothes from them, that could 'cause the journal function to break since a new body is created, but I'm not sure about this.

In any case, I find it really funny that on your first post you accuse admins of using ESP and now you say that you flanked them. Isn't that a bit contradictory?

In any case, on to the TL;DR.

TL;DR: You are just all kinds of wrong.

Weighing in to support Deathcall's account of the events listed here. As I was on map watch at the time this all went down. Any who are reading this are free to take what they want from it. We welcome all to come and see for yourselves.

Smacker was on his way to a ban, (24hr) just for the smack talk in side after being asked to take it to the forums. His teliportation just sealed the deal and made it a perm. His later log in spam just make the choice that much sweeter.

Zombie Chow.

Obviously I am "Smacker".

Clear a few things up.

1. Since playing on this server, we as a group, have noticed about 3 players that were HIGHLY suspicious.  Shortly afterwards, and 2 on the day in question, we find out that all are admins.   Coincidence, very doubtful!

2. I never ever teleported, on this server or any other in my life.  I spawned at the land bridge that goes East into Maruko.  Shortly after I was gunned down by the same APC that ran me over previously.  

3. Where is your proof I teleported?  I know when we run a server, our antihacks have a method of detecting travel speeds and methods of travel.  Apparently yours does not.

4. I knew that it was CuntSauce that logged b/c he had killed me right before he "logged", and before I could spawn back in, he had left the server entirely as I hit "P" to help out Harry and see if the guy ran away or just pussed out and logged, and in fact he did log while an APC was hunting for him in the brush.

5. I like how all the admins for the server come here and make their first ever post on dayzmod.com forums... congrats guys....  Lots of solid contributors that everyone reading should feel good about[/sarcasm]

Now lets find my motive for teleporting:

1. was it the M4 CCO that the dead pilot had(he may have had binocs too)

2. or was it the high-rate spawning L86A2 and 1 clip on my dead carcass?

3. perhaps to be brutally gunned down by an armored vehicle....

Lets go with None of the above, I could find better gear in 5 minutes on ANY Lingor server than what I had sitting there.

And to get some facts straight, it was Harry and I that made the NPC chopper blow up, the Chinook grounded it though.

For the record, I don't mind being banned from your server.   I do not enjoy playing with hackers/script kiddiesabusive admins/or power tripping admins.  I do however feel a duty to let others know what type of server you and your admins run so that they won't waste the kind of time playing there that I did.

Deathcall, you got yourself a dirty ship, even if the Captain isn't dirty himself.

To clarify that, I´m not an admin on the server, I´m just a more or less regular player, I can´t say anything to this trouble you guys had/have, I just can tell you that I was always threaten nice and fair by the admins, I killed some of them and they killed me but there was never anything suspicios about one of these guys, everytime I found gear on dead admins, guess the bodies you looted was the dead npcs. I´m pretty sure if you would have taken this to the hunting ground forums right away, instead of throwing around lies here and try to prevent other players from playing there, a solution would have allready been found.

And a whole other question that make you highly suspicios imo is that you have a own server but you play on other ones? Who does that? And why would anybody do that?

To clarify that, I´m not an admin on the server, I´m just a more or less regular player, I can´t say anything to this trouble you guys had/have, I just can tell you that I was always threaten nice and fair by the admins, I killed some of them and they killed me but there was never anything suspicios about one of these guys, everytime I found gear on dead admins, guess the bodies you looted was the dead npcs. I´m pretty sure if you would have taken this to the hunting ground forums right away, instead of throwing around lies here and try to prevent other players from playing there, a solution would have allready been found.

And a whole other question that make you highly suspicious imo is that you have a own server but you play on other ones? Who does that? And why would anybody do that?

We have a server, it is currently not running anything DayZ at the moment, which will change in the next few days.

Chavez, we are not throwing around lies, and you knowing nothing of our issue, seems pretty fishy to just assume this.    We do not want a "solution"!  We don't want to play on their server, I got falsely banned and the other 10-11 of us willingly moved on without so much as a warning against them, they did it on their free will, even when I am not online.

I think we know the difference between NPC's that on this server are only in the chopper, and an actual player's body.  NPCs spawn around crashed chopper and wear different clothing.  Players are all over the map and alive before you shoot them.  

Enjoy playing at this server!

I have played Dayz for almost 1-1/2 years and accused admins of abuse twice, this being the second time.  Look up Frizag for info on the first :)

I have played at Keyhole, Rapedungeon, and BMRF about 95% of that time and never once been accused of hacking or scripting, and I know they got much better antihacks than this joke of an administration.  

Chavez, i'm glad you came to dayzmod.com just to defend these guys.  both your posts are defending abusive admins for this server.   

Edited by wesmacker

Oh wow, and I thought I was done dealing with this already...

What players did you find suspicious, for what reasons and why didn't you voice your concern before is what I'd like to know. For some reason you keep saying (if I don't misunderstand) that I'm clean on this, so why not come to me to with this complaints? Even if I'm not the server owner, neither a proper admin per-se (I do development mostly), I still think my opinion carries enough weight to turn around any possible abusing admins.

If you own your own server, you know that 90% of the "hacker" claims are just people bitching because they got killed. There's suspicious people all the time. You say that the fact those guys you suspected from hacking were admins is no coincidence... I say you are just complaining because you got killed. Who's right? Doesn't matter, since everyone will believe whoever they feel prone to the most. Overall, you advance this subject no further and we are still stuck with the same argument: "Don't trust us, play somewhere else." Which I believe you are already doing, so the point is kinda moot and I'm tired from revisiting it again and again... Provide solid evidence other than baseless accusations or drop it once and for all.

Still arguing you didn't teleport? Why do you waste my time like this? I got better things to do you know?

Do I have to paste entire lines of code and pictures here? At this point the only thing you are succeeding at is making me lose time Smacker...

But if you insist...

go2i.jpg

That's a picture of how the map looks on the mission.sqm (you can find it in the file you download when you play on any server). It shows every marker on the map itself. The one right in the middle is the "center" marker, the one on Debug Islands is the "respawn_west" marker and every other one is a "spawn" marker, numbered 1 to 10. It's actually a vanilla DayZ Lingor File and I'm pretty sure it looks the same on most Lingor servers.

As you can see, there's no "spawn" marker in less than a kilometer from where you claim to have spawned.

Okay, now lets see how the code looks...

Go to any regular server.pbo, go into compiles, look up server_PlayerSetup.sqf, lines 180 to 216:

if (_randomSpot) then {
    private["_counter","_position","_isNear","_isZero","_mkr"];
    if (!isDedicated) then {
        endLoadingScreen;
    };

//spawn into random
    _findSpot = true;
    _mkr = "";
    while {_findSpot} do {
        _counter = 0;
        while {_counter < 20 and _findSpot} do {
            _mkr = "spawn" + str(round(random 10));
            _position = ([(getMarkerPos _mkr),0,1500,10,0,2000,1] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos);
            _isNear = count (_position nearEntities ["Man",100]) == 0;
            _isZero = ((_position select 0) == 0) and ((_position select 1) == 0);
        //Island Check        //TeeChange
            _pos         = _position;
            _isIsland    = false;        //Can be set to true during the Check
            for [{_w=0},{_w<=150},{_w=_w+2}] do {
                _pos = [(_pos select 0),((_pos select 1) + _w),(_pos select 2)];
                if(surfaceisWater _pos) exitWith {
                    _isIsland = true;
                };
            };

if ((_isNear and !_isZero) || _isIsland) then {_findSpot = false};
            _counter = _counter + 1;
        };
    };
    _isZero = ((_position select 0) == 0) and ((_position select 1) == 0);
    _position = [_position select 0,_position select 1,0];
    if (!_isZero) then {
        //_playerObj setPosATL _position;
        _worldspace = [0,_position];
    };
};

Since you own a server I'll assume you understand what the code means. In any case, I marked the only modification we've done to the script on our server (bolded), which is changing the random from 4 to 10 (because Lingor comes with extra Spawn Locations and I think whoever built the script left the basic number from Chernarus). You can also find that "safe-location" mechanic I mentioned before.

So, simply put... you are wrong, and you lie. You teleported. There's simply no way you spawned where you said you spawned. a) That location is way too far from any spawn marker. b) I was too close for it be considered a safe location (though I'm assuming here, not sure EXACTLY where you spawned).

You wanted proof, I had given it before, now I give it again in such a clear manner that I don't think there's anything else to argue about this other than you saying our mission files are different, but I dare you find any Lingor player who claims to have spawned where you said you did. I've been playing this map almost since it came out and I've never gotten a spawn location there.

I think I already addressed this supposed combat log by Cuntsauce. I refer to what was previously explained. Bottom line, private server, private rules. Check our thread about combat logging: http://the-hunting-grounds.enjin.com/forum/page/3/m/12796225/viewthread/6865098-combat-logging-you ; that thread is by no way new as you can see from the dates on the posts.

Just to be clear though, I do not believe Cuntsauce combat logged, and it's MY call. Not yours. If you don't like how we think about combat logging, then either drop into the forums and give us a piece of your mind, or -as I'm assuming you'll do - go play somewhere else.

As to why you'd teleport? I'm assuming you were actually trying to create drama, in which by all means you have succeeded, if only to be shot down because you choose the wrong guy to mess with.

You don't like playing on our server? It's all fine with me. I reject all your accusations though, and with enough proof I believe.

Anything else? I don't think so. Now I'd deeply appreciate it if you'd go play on your own server and stop wasting my time, or, if you must continue this pointless exercise, at least bring something new to the table and not more of your baseless and unproved accusations.

• Like 1