prometheus111

Way to stop quick respawning

I saw someone mention that one of the reasons why the average lifespan is so low is because people respawn after a few seconds (for sake of finding a different starting location). What if the ability to respawn (kill yourself) required having a weapon to do so? If you had a hunting knife or a gun you would be able to respawn but otherwise how are you going to kill yourself? Slice an artery with a tin can? This combined with the fact that we aren't starting with a weapon anymore would mean people couldn't just respawn over and over to find a better location for whatever reason and it would make the average lifespan be more accurate.

I agree there needs to be an address to the re-spawn spammers, it's a cheap cheat to get to the preferred location and also can cause a bit of lag much like those people who spam connect till a slot opens up on a full server.

You should be able to re-spawn surely cause you may get stuck somewhere or just be in such a poor situation like broken legged and low blood passing out every second you need to, but I'd limit it to once per hour if that is even possible.

Brilliant!

Depending on the "weapon" you're using, you'll lose blood accordingly fast or slow.

Actually, players that compulsively respawn to find a better spot are not part of the statistic about lifespan. Lifespan doesn't account for characters that survive less than 3 or 5 minutes, I think.

"Lifespan doesn't account for characters that survive less than 3 or 5 minutes, I think. "

Well that still messes with the statistic because then what about the players that *actually* die within 3-5 minutes?

"You should be able to re-spawn surely cause you may get stuck somewhere or just be in such a poor situation like broken legged and low blood passing out every second you need to, but I'd limit it to once per hour if that is even possible."

Being stuck to me is the only reason to have a magic respawn... but not for being in a bad situation...you should have to die your slow death in the same way you can't do *anything* when unconscious not even access ESC menu.

Also...technically if someone gets stuck they'll eventually die from starvation and dehydration. =P Though that'd take a really long time. I've never seen anyone report being stuck though. And I've never personally gotten stuck anywhere.

Rocket said that when he asked why does the lifespan goes up instead of going down.

I am surprised noone has asked this.

But we haven't the faintest idea. It is currently calculated across all characters (ignoring those who died within a few minutes).

Given the vast swathes of people who died earlier' date=' there must be a dramatic rise in survival times for it to be rising. Any budding statisticians have some thoughts?

[/quote']

I don't see the problem with it. Getting a better spawn? LOL. All the spawns are good within 5-10 minutes of towns where you can get all the stuff.

A lot of people respawn to get closer to their friends with whom they are playing.

Maybe an idea to make something so friend can spawn together but not while they are engaged by zombies or players. this might take care of a lot of the respawning happening. Just my 2 cents :)

People just need to walk to where they want to go.

Not random-insta-teleport constantly.

I like the idea of needing some kind of tool to kill yourself instantly. If you do not have it, you could find a convenient cliff, a helpful zombie or a Samaritan bandit.

Couldn't they just add a maximum amount of characters one person can have per hour or something? Like the lives system on some ARMA 2 servers. This would discourage people from spam respawning.

Alex was killed

Alex was killed

Alex was killed

yeah it's really bothersome and gamebreaking? Anyway i doubt people will have problems finding alternative ways to die during ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

But i do wish there were no respawn button at all, you need to meet up with your friend? choose a point on the map and walk to meet him there, it's a challenge, reach him alive and well and feel the sense of accomplishment.

i agree, the respawning should stop it is not funny and people should be spawning away from their previous character as well. like long enough for the body to disappear it sucks to loot your own body, it kills the game and makes for needless firefights

finding your own dead body to loot it is not perma death, it is instant reincarnation with material possessions

uglyboy just nailed it... that's literally all it takes, remove/break the respawn button. it's easy enough to get yourself killed if you're that keen. and yeah, it does feel nice finally reaching a mate after a trek.

i do agree with tyrog aswell.. perhaps they could add a suicide mechanic, with varying bleed out times based on the 'intensity' of the weapon but i think that would ultimately detract from the game. if you want to die, aggro 10 zombies, stand still, done.

I think the average life expectancy is programmed to ignore lives that last under 1 minute or something. By making people suicide-run into zombies or find a weapon, you would actually create a lot more 3-5 minute lives and drop the reported life expectancy.

I respawn all the time to get where I want to go, everyone does