Sign in to follow this  
applejaxc

DayZ Penitionary

Let's face it; crime is a pretty bad problem, regardless of where you go. Especially in fledling nations with stockpiles of post-war leftovers in the hands of every-day citizens. It's a sad truth, but true all the same.

And what is done with prisoners that have not committed capital (death-penalty) crimes? Imprisonment.

For a long time in ArmA 2, before DayZ was the "Big Thing," I wanted to make a final-stand-type mission, where it's you and your squad versus 4+ waves of tanks, aircraft, and infantry. The primary issue was choosing a location to have this last-stand in. First I tried Devil's Castle, and found placing units correctly and not having them plummet to their deaths was impossible. Then I tried the roofs of industrial buildings in Chernogorsk, and had about the same problem. What I really wanted the whole time was a multi-floor, several-window, roof-accessible building that couldn't be covered in under at least 20 minutes of checking rooms. And what fit that bill? The Chernarus Penitionary, which (sadly) doesn't actually exist.

My suggestion is simple:

Construct a prison building (when you guys are done with your beautiful ship wreck) and build it somewhere near the middle of left of the map, along with a police station, along a road leading into one of the minor nondescript towns. The prison should be dillapidated, with busted windows and bent metal bars. Blood along the walls, as prisoners either revolted against their captors or fought starvation, trapped in their cells with zombies wailing outside. The primary loot locations should be the kitchen (attatched to a mess hall) for food and the warden's office/armory, where police issue weapons (Remington 700, Glock, Remingtion 870, etc) can occasionally be found. There should be a spawn chance for a squad car(s), but they can only be taken/driven if industrial parts are shipped all the way from the major cities, so people aren't taking such short walks to fix up and drive around vehicles. The building (with the new loot-in-every-corner spawning system) should take no shorter than half an hour to completely search.

Maybe a 400x400x10 (400 yards x 400 yards wide/long, 40 feet ((4 floors)) tall), with some sections of the building inaccessible and stair cases that bring you between floors. There should be a good lack of ladders, except around the armory/areas the officers of the law have to get through quickly, making it theoritically defensible against zombies but not as simple as climbing a ladder.

Spawn items should include:

Fortification Supplies

-Barbed Wire

-Fencing

-Sand Bags

-Tools to Build Aformentioned

Police (military?) Equipment

-Police Issue Firearms and Ammunition

-Squad Car

-Prisoner and Policeman Zombies

-Flashlights

-Batteries

Items for the Maintainence of Officers and Prisoners

-Food

-Small Medical Supply Cache

-Shanks (survival knives) in Prison Cells

-Uniforms/Unsoiled Clothes (dress like an officer or prisoner)

-Papers/Penciles/Pens/Highlighters (whatever will be included in the new note writing system)

Am I forgetting anything?

It has been suggested before but not with as much depth good one Applejaxc.

• Like 1

I would like to see a Prison on Utes.

• Like 2

I would like to see a Prison on Utes.

I mentioned that on the official server.

BTW someone give OP the link to the official prison thread.

Stun Guns and Handcuffs

Handcuff someone, leave 'em for dead.

Imagine handcuffing someone's character to a jail cell door and dropping a couple razors by their feet :lol: decisions, decisions.

One thing i noticed with Epoch mod was that if you owned a vehicle and locked it while someone was in the back seat, they were locked in and werent allowed to switch seats or get out. pretty much the only thing they could do was access the cars gear or log out. if the car is empty it makes for some funny moments. I locked my buddy in for a good 10 minutes last night while he grew ever so angry, but next ill be taking a bus full of hostages.

Edited by -Guardian-
  • Like 1

Penitentiary

I knew I spelled it wrong. I know it's a bullshit excuse, but I was on my great grandmother's Mac Lion using an outdated version of Firefox with no spellcheck. I'm not half the Grammarian I can be without spellcheck. It's a sad result of my generation :(

• Like 1

Yes, Replace the Airfield on Utes with a Prison complex. A large wall around it with a few Blown hole in it for access.

Diffrent wings for Canteen, fitness area (Outside yard) Prisoner Holding area, A Helipad and other features.

(Why not have a tunnel reaching from the main land or a bridge?)

Yes, Replace the Airfield on Utes with a Prison complex. A large wall around it with a few Blown hole in it for access.

Diffrent wings for Canteen, fitness area (Outside yard) Prisoner Holding area, A Helipad and other features.

(Why not have a tunnel reaching from the main land or a bridge?)

why don't we just take taviana, and push it somewhere else?