Rognar (DayZ)

Idea on Logout Rules affecting game play

Hi,

i would like to add some idea about the logout rules and game play it self. basically it based on the future idea where we change the environment just like minecraft, thus we could build a base. Also its about loging out because we cannot handle the heat of battle. my idea are following :

1. wherever ppl logout its should be meant that they are sleep or hide or else. meaning whenever we all log out it should be not just disappear or vanish from the world. and its very annoying if suddenly player just login and spawn near to us. thus, I would like to suggest that the character still there and life.So how should it happen :

• - before we log out, we should have asked by a question regarding our character behavior which are : sleep, hide (prone, stand or else, watch out, shoot non member at guards, etc. taken over by AI system.
  • - the thirsty and hunger system still intake but with slower rate.
  • - the player still able to be killed by zombie or other hostile player. that is why they should decide their behavior while they were log out.

2. To do point 1 above to be working, we should establish a "base" or "hide out". the hideout could be an individual base or group hideout. for instance for individual base, player probably choosing to be hide in a bush rather than choosing agile options. however, for group hideout, player mostly choose to be set as agile (shooting outsider who were around).

3. therefore, we need a easier grouping system. Meaning, player could establish a group or pack by invitations. for instance if loner want to join the group, someone within a group should invite him to join their group. This aimed to make point 1 and 2. more realistic. but they cannot unitedly recruit other player because they have constraint on the food and water. the AI will automatically consume food and water arround the hideout.

4. Automatically within 100m radius, every group member could see a name highlighed above their head. it little bit unrealistic but just for identifications. < however the AI bot should able to identify friends and foe within group member.

this idea will leads to more survival conditions. buid a decent hideout. fortify thing, planting a food tree, or creating a digging a well will be very important. or they should prepare their supplies before they decide to logout. and the most important thing is that they should find a proper hideout before they logging out otherwise they are being easily killed by either zombie or players.

also why we should build a base like minecraft if it will be empty. it will be very obvious if we build a huge base and ppl easily looting stuff there. it would be simpler by hiding tent as we used to be.

okay that is my idea, any comment(s) ?

Edited by Rognar

That would be horrible, Cherno would be filled with bots gunning everyone down

Edited by AfterShave
  • Like 1

I honestly dont like any grouping highlighting system at all. If you want to form a clan or group that is fine, you just have to remember what everyone looks like as IRL. Friendly fire is a risk everyone has to watch for and floating icons just makes it easier for groups. In the heat of battle you may well shoot your friend.

I think having an AI bot when we log out could lead to a lot of random bots shooting at players (after all who would choose the sleeping option, if there is an option to guard?) and could totally overload a server.

That would be horrible, Cherno would be filled with bots gunning everyone down

true, but the ammo also limited. and after that you could kill them.instead being killed by spawning player who log in and logout in sniper spot. so you just cannot easily escape the battle.

I honestly dont like any grouping highlighting system at all. If you want to form a clan or group that is fine, you just have to remember what everyone looks like as IRL. Friendly fire is a risk everyone has to watch for and floating icons just makes it easier for groups. In the heat of battle you may well shoot your friend.

I think having an AI bot when we log out could lead to a lot of random bots shooting at players (after all who would choose the sleeping option, if there is an option to guard?) and could totally overload a server.

actually me neither like the icon popping, but the problem will be when you decide to bring friends to your hideout/camp. how the camp guard could identify the new member.

if the bot could identifying member, it would kill players nearby. and if i am loner i would prefer to sleep/hide (meaning just hide without move/stand) in order to not draw zombie or attract players). hide just like you were hiding a tent for instance.

i have no idea about server, but probably it is true, but who knows they could develop that.

lol how to break a sever 50 bots running around cherno

the ammo and their supplies will runs out and the bot also being hunt by zombie. probably they going to be die or exhausted by loging out in the middle of city. the terror will more intense. .

After a dangerous day of looting i log out with my fully geared survivor, the day after is half dead, without ammo and surrounded by a horde of zombies.

ULTIMATE RAGEQUIT

• Like 1

After a dangerous day of looting i log out with my fully geared survivor, the day after is half dead, without ammo and surrounded by a horde of zombies.

ULTIMATE RAGEQUIT

yes sir, its true sir. therefore you should establish a group and build a hideout where AFK player beeing a AI bot guarding the hideout. you should notice that you could raid other group hideout or vice versa. .

First of all that bot idea is horrible, the servers take enough impact from the zombie's as it is, adding more non sense shit to the game would just slow it down, if you want to do callsigns grouping and have their names highlighted, you might as well go play COD zombies then. Grouping in dayz should never be allowed. AI bots guarding special loot places i can see, because it makes it a more intense experience, thinking that there are a band of military still operating in the Apocalypse. grouping system would just turn dayz into a pile of shit.

First of all that bot idea is horrible, the servers take enough impact from the zombie's as it is, adding more non sense shit to the game would just slow it down, if you want to do callsigns grouping and have their names highlighted, you might as well go play COD zombies then. Grouping in dayz should never be allowed. AI bots guarding special loot places i can see, because it makes it a more intense experience, thinking that there are a band of military still operating in the Apocalypse. grouping system would just turn dayz into a pile of shit.

i also think the same about name icon pop up in grouping system. how the AI bot could identify friends or foe then?

if the developer able to make change in environment just like mine craft, why should we build a base then if it going to be an empty base?

Edited by Rognar

No.

For one thing, this severely discourages passive play, and even many dedicated people would lose their stuff to incredibly stupid means because of real-life events. Forcing your character to remain ingame during the server (Even without a bot) would force people to spend all of their Non-DayZ time playing DayZ if they cared about their character. It discourages passive play and any event in reality that requires a person to stop playing (Work, School, etc.) is just a big 'tough luck'.

Of course, the AI bot idea is even worse.

Regardless of how well it is improved, the AI wouldn't be able to mimic YOUR playstyle exactly, and could possibly do some stupid or unnecessary things. What would it even do? Would it loot for you? Would it waste ammo on zombies that are 500m away and have 0.01% chance of spotting you through sight at midnight?

This wouldn't work for anyone who isn't a robot constantly on DayZ.