Sign in to follow this  
cewinstherace

ES123 - Abusive Admins (a tale of caution for the DayZ community)

I am posting this thread for one simple reason, to warn folks about the abusive admins on ES123 (DayZCraft).

ES123 allows users to build custom bases from scratch. In addition to this great feature it also, heavily, populates the server with additional buildings, loot spawns, vehicles and the like.

A group of friends and I recently discovered the server and in no time were looting, amassing and building base elements. By our third day playing upon ES123 half our team had been kicked from ES123. This is our tale.

Day one included, loot, surviving AI/players/zombies, grouping up, scouting future build locations and ultimately starting the build. Not much to say here other than we had lots of fun.

Day two started much the same way, our base was progressing nicely, the team was gearing up to a respectable level and starting to mobilize to nearby locations for raids. While scouting the map we had noticed a unique base which had been built at grid location 162073. I say unique because this base was built within a castle and included a 'warehouse' inside the castle grounds. A 'warehouse' inside the castle... As if spawning buildings inside a desirable castle was not enough, they had, just about, two of everything staged within the complex system of walls.

As the day drew to a close we decided to fly into the well-fortified fortress and loot as much as possible. Our raid got a bit messy, we lost more than we gained. We called it a day.

Day three, we log in bright and early to find that our base had been raided as well. We built within a tree stand at 013068. Someone had either parachuted into our base, which was quite small and under a canopy of trees, built a tower bunker near a wall and climbed over and/or made their way in by some other clever means. In either event, the looters moved a truck near a place where two cargo-containers met. They then filled the truck with our loot (guns, ammo, gear and such) and then reached into the truck from the outside of our base via the very small gap between the two cargo containers... Our response, we added additional walls to our base to ensure we didn't suffer from the same fate a second time. No complaints. We just fixed our base and got back to the job of building up our loot pile.

Toward the end of the day, with our base fixed and some of our loot restored, we decided to take a second shot at raiding the enemy base located at 162073. Five of us hopped into our Mi-8. Upon arrival at the enemy base we were greeted with small arms fire from the top of one of the castle towers. We returned fire via the guns mounted on the Mi-8 and took out the opponent. We landed inside the outer ring of the enemy base. The base was broken into three tiers. Inside the first ring was at least one Mi-8 and an osprey. We quickly took the Osprey back to base. We then attempted to take what ended up being a damaged Mi-8. Trouble was it was too damaged to sustain flight. Our pilot spun out of control and crashed the bird.

We then flew into the 2nd tier. Inside the 2nd tier, as I previously mentioned, was a warehouse. Here it was, backed up against the castle walls. The base builders had then placed three cement barriers, on the inside of the warehouse, blocking the warehouse entrance.

In front of the warehouse were dragon's teeth. One of our group attempted to vault over the teeth. In doing so he also found that he could vault through a gap between the warehouse and the cement barriers. Now on the inside of the warehouse he backed a truck up to the gap. He filled the truck with loot. We then pulled a truck up, from the outside, and ex-filled the loot through the same gap. We used the same technique which had been used on us the day before. Not a glitch. This was a case of a poorly designed base. Had the creators taken better care to place their barriers, the gap, which was more than a foot wide, would not have allowed our teammate to vault through.

At this point the person who was guarding the base, which we shot upon arrival, had made his way back. We were just then in the process of lifting the truck, filled with loot, and heading back to base. He immediately says we were cheating. That we glitched into his base and that we crashed a bird into base on purpose. None of which was true. We attempted to argue the point.

Moments later, three of the five in our squad were kicked. We then re-logged. Once more we were kicked. Waited a few, attempted to re-log again. This time we were allowed to stay. We attempted to make our case. The Admin would not listen. We stated what was stated here in this thread. Again, he could give a shit.

Press V in Arma and you will vault. If by pressing V you're able to vault over or past a barrier then by way of the games design you've succeeded. This is not a glitch or an exploit. Had these folks been more detail oriented they would not have left such a gap in their security in the first place.

The Admins at ES123 (DayZCraft) have abused their powers by adding a warehouse to a castle location which is used for their express purpose. They have abused their admin powers by kicking our team which was in the process of raiding their base.

Do not waste your time on ES123 (DayZCraft).

Edited by cewinstherace

The universal rule of DayZ, is that nothing is permanent, and nothing is ever completely safe from other players. Admins/server owners should be the first to realize and respect this. If I were you, I would never dirty my boots on their server again. "Admin bases" are completely ridiculous. I admin a Tavi server, and one hard lesson I have learned is that players (because I am a player too) must be allowed to move freely around the entire map. I hope you find a better DayZ home.

• Like 1

It's a bummer to be honest, It's been a while since I've had as much fun playing DayZ. Spawn frequencies, of all types, have been finely tuned. AI runs patrols (map wide). The ability to build bases, piece by piece, via the act of searching for the raw ingredients then constructing a given object is awesome.

Initially I had worried ES123 was unique amongst the wide collection of DayZ servers. I have since found another. For those wishing to get a taste of this newness, you must first register for the white-list at http://forums.sernix.net. Once registered you must, next, login to their forum to find the password which is published monthly.

Registered and with password in hand open Arma 2, enable your Taviana expansion, restart Arma 2, and filter for 'o23' in multiplayer.

Have fun.

Ps. Or, I suppose, you could simply log into ES123 and give it a try there. Again, a word of caution, it's my sense that those managing the server have less experience than what you would hope for in an Admin team. Or, at least, this was our experience. Perhaps yours will be different?

First, ES123 is unique.

700 kb of the 1470 kb of the mission file were wroten from scratch by my hand and will not be released.

Secondly, this is the impresion of a group of glitchers, you can ask many players how Admins help them in ES123.

By the way, you dont say you were banned because of insulting admins, in our server we will ban any unrespecting player.

Edited by w4rgo

First, ES123 is unique.

700 kb of the 1470 kb of the mission file were wroten from scratch by my hand and will not be released.

Secondly, this is the impresion of a group of glitchers, you can ask many players how Admins help them in ES123.

By the way, you dont say you were banned because of insulting admins, in our server we will ban any unrespecting player.

Just wanna let you know that anyone who knows how to use a computer can easily get your mission file. Just saying.

Just wanna let you know that anyone who knows how to use a computer can easily get your mission file. Just saying.

Well I know that but they wont get the server files.

Also it updates every day, when I feel its ready I will share my work with the community but for now is an exclusive and fun experience.