Sign in to follow this  
AfterShave

The first time you got good gear

I will go first, I found it on a dead hacker and then the server got nuked cuz hackers get pissy when they die.

I like to think I have a good memory but remembering this is beyond me... ^_^

On a public server? I found an SA-58 at the Elektro power station firehouse, and then headed to NWA and found an M107, then killed a sniper and took his DMR... So I guess that counts.

Playing on a Public Hive, being a lone wolf. Went north from Kamenka, and by the time I got to Vybor, I had an AKM, M24, Czech backpack, and some food/drink. Also had all basic equipment.

My first good loot was actually in my first week of playing. I happened across a helicopter crash and found a m1014 shotgun which isn't great but it isn't shabby. Heck at the time I was really excited.

I remember when I found my first good gear. My friend and I were getting ready to leave electro when we here a few gun shots rip out. We were at the firestation next to the power plant. My friend looked out a window and saw a body. He said the body had a big gun on it. I told him I would check his body. The guy had an AS50 and several other end game items. I flipped. It was my first time find gear this good.

We began to leave and go up small sniper hill when we found a sniper's body. He had everything including a Thermal AS50. My friend and I had only been playing DayZ for a few weeks and couldn't believe what we had just found. We grabbed all his gear and were about to book it out of Electro when we saw a survivor run into the firestation with a bandit chasing him. We decided to try and save the survivor with our new guns. Sadly the bandit killed the guy but wasn't able to get away with the loot. When he left the firestation I popped him. After that we left Electro. We were the happiest Bambis of the day.

Edited by Skat3rat

My first good gear was in my first week playing.

I was on my way to NEAF and found a heli crash site.

Got a FN FAL, M107 and NV Googles. Happiest day ever.

Edited by leodacosta

My first vehicle, a bike at the cherno gas station, I was very happy at the time.

Before i found anything better than an enfield or winchester i came across the ATV spawn on top of Pik kozlovka, full dark and minimum moon. I heard a fzzzzzzzzz and a flare lit up the sky just as i was approaching the weird dark shape. I shit about four houses worth of bricks and proned under a tree waiting for the flareman to appear. Not a sound. As soon as that flare went out i bolted for about 2 minutes deep into the forest and thought about what i should do..i did not want to risk my cans of beans and cokes i had found in the barn at Prig so i lamed out and left it there for someone else while i went and died lonely and ammoless to zeds in the dark on a dirt road near Mogilevka, and absolutely spewing because i lost my extra cans of beanz and cokes.

how have times changed.

edit- fzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 1

Months ago, I had just started to play dayz, wandering without having a clue where I was I found on the coast some kind a big town and approaching from the West I found a weird building with lots of food and stuff, a compass and even a big backpack (Alice) inside. I used to think it was Christmas time! I ignored the backpack (had no idea I could exchange) and filled with cans of food and coke got out as an happy bunny running away like hell. I was shot in the back after 100 meters by some bastard. So sad...

_Anubis_

I met up with a guy on these forums back in may or june last year. Everything I'd had previously were just enfields and winchestors, and he gave me a spare DMR and NVG's which was amazing.

Edited by AussieStig

About my third or 4th time playing (and only about a month or so ago) I had died in Cherno and got a Kamenka spawn. So I after a little internet checking seeing some advice to head north as it's a fairly quiet route to the NW (where I hadn't been yet). I stopped off at various places picked up some ok gear, probably had an enfield I decided to stop at Stary first, as I ot near I spotted the smoke plume of a heli crash. I then spotted a second, there were two either side of the road.

I went to check them out and at the first one I found a body, a ghillied sniper who had the lot, DMR, M9SD, NV etc, I also found another 4 decent primary wepaons at the the two chopper sites, luckily I had a ent and I ran off into the woods to hide all the gear. I remember being sh*t scared every time I made the tent run to stash all this kit. Once it was all in in I logged off feeling pretty pleased. Next day some mates joined me on the server and I proudly told them about my hall, they were all heading north to pick up the sutff when they found a hacker crate so ended up haing everything you could ever need AS50s, ghillies etc.

I avoid 2 things in DayZ, high-end gear and Mountain Dew as both bring me nothing but bad luck.

- Looted a bandit that appeared to have died falling down a cliff and got a coyote pack, NVG and M14 AIM. Eaten by a gate while looting 15 minutes later.

- Snuck into Balota Airfield while most of the sever was PvP'ing in Cherno and snagged a DMR. Eaten by the rocks at Skalka while lining up a shot on a bandit at the small compound to the West.

- Got into the Southern Barracks at NWAF undetected, but ND'd my M1911 jumping over the bench in the doorway and every zombie north of Kamenka rushed in...