BBF Smiles

My opinion of DayZ..

Hello dayz players and makers. I am just inputting my opinion on some things in the mod here.

First of all, I really think there needs to be a change in the speed of zombies and the consistency. I have WASTED so much time running away from zombies... You try to go to a town to get supplies, you have no weapons no food, nothing. It's near impossible to not be scented by a zombie. So you get up and you start running, and in my experience unless you disconnect from the server you will run for freaking days! You will never loose them, because they don't bloody give up, they "sprint" as fast as you, which just sucks completely.

Secondly, the fact that you spawn with a flashlight is just ridiculous, you have nothing what so ever to protect yourself. I mean, we can not even have a melee weapon?. Like I was saying before in the instance of being chased by zombies, you will never be able to get rid of them because you have nothing to fend them back and they keep up with you.. So you really have no chance without a weapon. I liked it when we spawned with a pistol, I think players should spawn with a pistol and flashlight attachment.

Thirdly, I believe DayZ needs some kind of spawning system and friends system. Having to travel from one side of the map to the other to play with a friend is just annoying and extremely inconvenient. Especially when you do it once and die, then have to run all the way back again to find them. It's so frustrating.

My over all opinion on DayZ... I like the concept, actually, I love the concept of the Mod. But it's still very buggy and needs a lot of work. I really believe they are trying to make the game way too difficult to play and I would assume I am not the only one that is getting frustrated with a lot of things in it.

I want to like this game and I really want to play it.. But too my desires... At the moment I am just getting far too frustrated with it and am really starting to dislike this mod... A LOT. All these things that are bugging me are making me not want to play. Maybe I'll have a look at it when they bring out the final version, maybe.

I know it's still in Alpha and I really hope it pulls through and becomes a great game. I hope I can warm up nicely to the final version, but until then I don't think I will be playing at all after my experiences.

I also don't think that zombies shouldn't spawn so close to you, they should spawn further away.. I was heading for a petrol station just before, I was all good, there would've been some stuff in there. But suddenly two zombies spawned directly in front of me and I ended up getting chased out of town, because I had nothing to fend them off after just spawning. Once again, extremely frustrating.

I know it's still in Alpha

No you don't.

Rocket should keep the starting gear to a minimal. Im talking 1 can of beans, 1 water, 1 bandage and a flashlight.

It was way to easy. I didnt care if i died with amazing gear or anything, cause i knew as soon as i spawned, i had a ton of supplies and a gun already. One player kill later and you are where you were before you died.

People like you cry about bugs and say you know its Alpha. You dont. If you did you would make a thread crying about it. You would understand that the bugs are annoying and just move on.

This mod isnt to be spoon feeding you everything. Rocket wants to make this mod difficult, actually make you use your brain for once, unlike all the games out now. So please, next time you want to give your shitty opinon, dont.

• Like 1

A party system would be great, but Rocket and others may consider it unrealistic. Although, to combat that, I'm sure you'd try to stick with your friends in an apocalypse. Makes sense to me.

Zombies chase you forever and are too fast and you need to start with more than a flashlight because it's IMPOSSIBLE to play

You know, I've died about a dozen times since the removal of starting gear and let me tell you, it's taken me all of about 15 minutes at each spawn to find a gun without alerting zombies. One time I was discovered and I lost the zombies by running around a fucking tree. Zombies are retarded, and if you can't lose them then you should try and learn before whining that you can't play the goddamn mod. Get dunked.

also

I think players should spawn with a pistol and flashlight attachment.

Really? Why not start fucking everyone with an m16, night vision goggles and ghillie suits? I mean, otherwise it would be too hard! I know! We could all spawn with an assault rifle of our choice and a sidearm and ammo for both, and then choose funny quirks like more health, faster sprinting etc, because this game is just TOO HARD.

• Like 2

Zombies chase you forever and are too fast and you need to start with more than a flashlight because it's IMPOSSIBLE to play

You know' date=' I've died about a dozen times since the removal of starting gear and let me tell you, it's taken me all of about 15 minutes at each spawn to find a gun without alerting zombies. One time I was discovered and I lost the zombies by running around a fucking tree. Zombies are retarded, and if you can't lose them then you should try and learn before whining that you can't play the goddamn mod. Get dunked.

also

I think players should spawn with a pistol and flashlight attachment.

Really? Why not start fucking everyone with an m16, night vision goggles and ghillie suits? I mean, otherwise it would be too hard! I know! We could all spawn with an assault rifle of our choice and a sidearm and ammo for both, and then choose funny quirks like more health, faster sprinting etc, because this game is just TOO HARD.

I didn't say any of that and dis-agree with your smart-arse remarks entirely.

Next time don't bother replying, this is just stupidty.

I like using my brain

Obviously not.

If you want everything spoon fed to you, go play CoD.

I like using my brain

Obviously not.

If you want everything spoon fed to you' date=' go play CoD.

[/quote']

I never said that.....

go play CoD.

We are all CoD kidddies. CoD was a good game. Maybe you were so hip that you didn't buy it. But I don't think there is anything specifically wrong with it' date=' I just don't think every game needs to be like it. Hence I am working on this. But again, it's become a cliche here. Lets try and think of something else to say and think a bit deeper before labeling people as CoD Kiddies.[/quote']

Next time don't bother making a thread dedicated to you being an incompetent mongoloid.

Once again, these comments are just stupid and unhelpful.

You can't say "ohhh this mod is to hard im not having fun" and then say "I like using my brain you have survive on your own terms". Use that brain and figure out how to survive. It isn't hard at all. Also if you don't like the game then don't play it. This is a game that is intended to be brutally difficult and will probably only get harder. People will adapt like most of us have and continue surviving (and/or dying) and others will cry about how hard it is and leave which really you should if you want an easier game, go play another easier game.

I like using my brain

Obviously not.

If you want everything spoon fed to you' date=' go play CoD.

[/quote']

I never said that.....

I just saw you edit your post. GG

And as for this.

rocket Wrote:We are all CoD kidddies. CoD was a good game. Maybe you were so hip that you didn't buy it. But I don't think there is anything specifically wrong with it, I just don't think every game needs to be like it. Hence I am working on this. But again, it's become a cliche here. Lets try and think of something else to say and think a bit deeper before labeling people as CoD Kiddies.

---- I was telling him to go play it because it is literally point and shoot. Easy mode game.

I wish everyone would stop saying "Go play CoD", I never said to go and give players a class customization menu or perks or any crap like that.

Zombies shouldn't be able to sprint or run in zig zags. They're supposed to be freaking BRAIN DEAD.

COD is boring.

If i edited anything that would be because I made a spelling mistake.

How do you know if they're braindead? Maybe they're 28 Days Later rage virus zombies. Back to your main argument, that the game is too hard, well, it seems like thousands of other people are getting on fine with just a flashlight, if they weren't, surely this forum would be flooded with complaints. So, in all probability, you need practice.

Leave Smiles Alone, For F*** Sake.. Can no one express there opinions on a game without some complete assholes saying complete bullshit? Go troll someone elses fuc**** thread...

• Like 1

Thanks Frazl, but it's fine. They're free to voice their opinions, just as I'm free to voice mine.

Leave Smiles Alone' date=' For F*** Sake.. Can no one express there opinions on a game without some complete assholes saying complete bullshit? Go troll someone elses fuc**** thread...

[/quote']

this. Why does everyone on this forum have to be a complete asshole?

• Like 1

Thirdly' date=' I believe DayZ needs some kind of spawning system and friends system. Having to travel from one side of the map to the other to play with a friend is just annoying and extremely inconvenient...

[/quote']

Hell no! This is DayZ at its best! In no other game (only PlayStation Store's Journey comes to my mind) you have no idea who is who player unless you communicate (or play on a non-Veteran server, I quess, but I have seen visible names only like once, don't know if they alraedy removed them), no idea where you are unless you find a map, or a compass or just look for some landmarks.

My best moments in DayZ have been when we have been traveling for a very long time with a friend, just to find each other as we were on the opposite sides of the map. Then when we finally see other, it's unreal, the feeling is awesome.

And I'm just constantly lost in this game which I also like. I'm really miserable at hicking without a compass and a map.

A spawn system? NO! And everyone would just spawn up north where they can quickly get their hands to the best weapons. It's great now that you have to travel for hours to get far up to the north (like NW airfield) and then be rewarded with a rare weapon / other equipment.

BBF, clearly you haven't played previous builds.

The state of the current mod is from demands made by the community that have been in line with the vision of the developer.

Two of the things you've asked for were in previous builds and have been thrown out because they weren't functioning properly.

We aren't going back 10 builds just because new players find the current build too challenging. You would do best to adapt and continue to learn, your suggestions have already been used and eliminated.

Save yourself some time and stop fighting with the 90% on this forum who only troll.

Edit: As for your third suggestion. It will never happen. I've tried to explain to people you aren't respawning, you are starting fresh. You have a new character, it's not a respawn in the same sense as a traditional FPS, your old guy is dead, you have a new guy when you start over. Why should you be able to teleport as a fresh character to your friends? Yes it would make things easier, but you are starting out as a lone survivor again and half the fun is meeting up with friends or other people.

It'll die if it doesn't keep evolving.

Have you seen how many updates this game gets? What makes you think its not evolving?