Sign in to follow this  
Blasty

Drinking from lakes/faucets

Without a canteen you should still be able to drink directly from the lake or faucet if you are thirsty. Could be a cool little addition.

Without a canteen you should still be able to drink directly from the lake or faucet if you are thirsty. Could be a cool little addition.

I admit I'm not exactly sure how the infrastructure works, but would faucets work now that no one is taking care of the water plant?

Well i meant like the pump faucets outside in towns where you can fill your canteen. maybe they aren't called faucets?

Well i meant like the pump faucets outside in towns where you can fill your canteen. maybe they aren't called faucets?

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding. Faucet isn't incorrect, but i would have called it a well or a pump as you just did.

Yeah, it would make sense to be able to, drinking out of a lake is awkward, but not impossible.

I always carry at least two canteens with me, but i could see where it would be annoying to have fresh water right there and not have the ability to drink.

Since canteens are filled from the inventory, there is room for a scroll wheel command.

I agree. Direct water sources should be useful with or without a canteen, unless of course we are forced to boil it to not get sick.

unless of course we are forced to boil it to not get sick.

That would be cool.

Agreed - if you can fill up a water bottle you should be able to drink directly from that source.

Considering that we no longer start with a canteen it would be a nice idea, it could make people plan where they go if they know they are low on drinks and don't have the weapons to go into a town safely.

I support this... Since the latest updates I've been unable to find anything but soda.. hours played an no canteen making traveling a nightmare.

We don't have to boil the water we drink from a canteen so surely direct from the source is ok :P (Do not make us boil water)

You should definitely be able to drink straight from ponds etc, yeah.