arrowxd

Please Help! Really Irritating FPS problems looking for some serious help!

Ok so not too long ago i made my first gaming pc :) it performs good on other games such as garrysmod, devilmaycry, minecraft, and arma 2 and arma 2 OA campaign i can run on very high and get around 75-80 fps all on maxed settings. So i was pretty pleased with the outcome, everything works and other games are fine!. I hope i dont get hate for this but i also tried WarZ (yes i know its terrible!) i wanted to try and compare it to other games so i did but im a dayz guy now. So i was happy so i installed dayz and go back to playing it. And it started ok, i was running at normal settings with post process on low to make the mouse movement smoother and less jittery. I went into elektro and i was fine, a stable 25-35 fps which is fine for me. so i carried on playing like this for a week now and suddenly it began to lag! not unplayable lag but that annoying bit of lag that makes the game less enjoyable as im constantly worrying about my frames while playing. If you are wondering my pc specs its known as the 'JackFrags Steam Box Build' which is a budget gaming pc which can be used to play such games. He said on his video that DayZ should run in cherno at around 30 fps. Which it did, he showed his fps in cherno on the same pc as mine and he got around 30 fps. Perhaps mine is close if not 25-30 fps but it seems that its just that little bit laggy in elektro especially and i get these strange moments of momentous lag which makes me feel as if i need to keep playing with the settings (im sure some of you have experienced the annoying settings and having to play around with the settings) so i did and to no change it didnt really help. I put it on very low and i put it on high settings and that didnt change! very low settings in elektro 20-25 fps. high settings in elektro 20-25 fps it makes no difference! and ive tried radeon ramdisk and ive tried the config files and ive tried the extra dayz commander launch codes and such. and to no improvement it still lags, the only reason im complaining is because i shouldnt get lag, this system shouldnt get this lag. So im making an appeal to all the fps experts and people who can help! please just give me some help and just give me whatever little tweaks i can make and some tips! Here are the specs.. So please help, if you want to see the video which showcases the build type 'jackfrags steambox build' into google or youtube. please help!!! message me or reply to this forum.

1GB XFX Radeon HD 7770

Intel Pentium G850, Socket 1155, Dual Core, 2.90GHz

LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x DVD±R

Fractal Design Core 1000

Corsair CX600 PowerSupply (this is improved from the original build)

MSI H61M-P31 (G3) Motherboard

4GB Corsair Value DDR3 PC3-10600 (1333)

500GB Seagate ST500DM002 Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm

Windows 7 64BIT Professional

Edited by Fraggle

1GB XFX Radeon HD 7770

Fractal Design Core 1000

Windows 7 64BIT Professionalc

if thats ur pc, i dont understand how u are running arma 2 with 70 fps on maxed settings

i have a power pc way better than urs and i often dip into 40-50 fps in arma even in single player

Edited by h3retic

OPTIMIZE YOUR GAME.

COPY PASTED from somewhere else:

Your profile configuration file is found in "c/users/[name of user]/my Documents (or documents)/Arma 2" or "Documents/Arma 2 Other Profiles"

there u will find arma 2 config files (it will have ur dayz character/profile name)

so locate arma 2 operation arrowhead config file (go over them one by one untill u find arma 2 oa config file)

open the config file with notepad (right click, open with, select notepad)

(- it is best to make a backup copy of the whole arma 2/ arma 2 other profiles folder before doing this)

it will look seomthing like this (BUT NOT EXACTLY LIKE THIS):

EXAMPLE of config entries:

"language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-180000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1680;

Render_H=1050;

FSAA=0;

postFX=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=924188672;

nonlocalVRAM=1475895296;

....."

there find the following lines and edit them so that they are exactly as they appear here (NOT IN THE ORDER):

anisoFilter=0;

TexQuality=0;

shadingQuality=0;

shadowQuality=0;

mouseSmoothing=1

sceneComplexity=120000; -(this one i am not sure right now, if u have anything bellow 100000, dont change it)

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead="1";

GPU_MaxFramesAhead="1";

in game settings:

video memory=default -always on default

post processing=off -always to off

anti alliasing=off -quite taxing on performance if set to on

shadows=off or high (medium is worse than high)

3d resolution=100%

FXAA=can be set to normal without performance loss

ATOC=off (atoc only works when u have anti alliasing set to on = and that is laggy)

Also you could use a RAMDISK

this is a tutorial

it wont give u better fps, but will almost completely negate all stuttering and minor lag spikes

(or maybe a small fps boost + faster loading)

Edited by h3retic

Thankyou to all who have replied :) im gonna try these solutions, i will upgrade to a i5 3570 soon

Thankyou to all who have replied :) im gonna try these solutions, i will upgrade to a i5 3570 soon

Get a 3570k instead. Its like $5 more for an extra +0.1 GHz base clock speed, that is if you dont plan on overclocking.

verify that motherboard supports i5 and also overclocking

Ramdisk.. tried it before I upgraded.. not worth it tbh. Walls of text aren't great btw.

Your probably new to DayZ, so the best way of saying things, this game runs like SHIT on most computers, even 680's has trouble getting over 30 frames from time to time.

Guys, even my Maxed-out-Gaming-pc, runs arma at hardly 50 FPS.

i5 3570k, HD XFX 7970.

Your probably new to DayZ, so the best way of saying things, this game runs like SHIT on most computers, even 680's has trouble getting over 30 frames from time to time.

Im not new to dayz, ive been playing for about a year and a half/2 years :) but one thing is that i dont see why i get lag since the guy who created this build said it 'shouldnt lag' i know this game runs like a polished turd but apparently from what ive heard the optimization for standalone will be more towards the sort of fps in arma editor which is practically a smooth fps even with a vertical sync refresh on

Do you have vsync on?

I always turn vsync off, vsync on will lock your fps at 60 (if off averages above 60), sometime I get frame drops down to 49 fps, whenever I turn that off I get stable 110-150 fps

Try and turn it off in ArmA 2 settings/nvidia control panel

Give up Intel. You can get a much better processor for the money and get a pretty badass video card to pair it with. Your current card is pretty good, and could run DayZ on High(not max settings) at around 40 frames a second. My current rig maxes the game out and I get 40-50 frames on average. I've got a HD 7950 and an 8350 if you're curious. The 8350 is a much better processor than many of the lower-mid end i5's, and is very close to the 3570K in terms of performance. The price can't be beat, and you don't have to pay extra to have an unlocked one. And good AMD boards are a helluva lot cheaper than an Intel motherboard.

• Like 1

It pretty much depends on the server for me... I get 60-75fps on most, however on some I get 40-50.

On BF3 I get 90-100 on Ultra - the game is very poorly optimized haha

i5-3570K @ 4.2ghz

GTX 670FTW (Overclocked more by me)

ASRock Z77 Extreme4

• Like 1

DO YOU EVEN LIFT.

This is All Ways the problem.

From your unknown friend

A few things I'd like to add to this thread:

"Power pc" - underlined or not, says nothing. Your "power pc" in your opinion or according to your budget could be an absolute monster to others. It could also be an entry level system, depending on various other factors. How do we know your "power pc" isn't a 386 made by a company called "power pc"?

Writing in blue looks stupid and gives the impression that you're trying to look important. The effect is in fact the opposite.

Op, this game is extremely fussy. I get 40fps solid with everything maxed out and I'm running a 2500k @ stock, 8gb ddr3 and an hd6950. Many folks on here have faster systems than mine but get slower rates. Granted your pc isn't the fastest around but if the game engine doesn't utilise it properly, this will only be amplified. The links posted above are pretty decent, I'd say start with the YouTube video.

• Like 1

Get a 3570k instead. Its like $5 more for an extra +0.1 GHz base clock speed, that is if you dont plan on overclocking.

DP: H61 motherboard + K series processor = nono.

1GB XFX Radeon HD 7770

Fractal Design Core 1000

Windows 7 64BIT Professional

Your fps problems are probably related to the amount of ram that you have free, with 4gb ram you will have just over 2gig to use total after windows and any crucial services/apps are taken into account. I also have 4gb and it was only when I realised that I didnt actually have 2 gig free and rectified the problem that the fps drops and stutters were really reduced (I use the -maxMem=2047 startup parameter). Use this startup parameter and see if the fps drops are reduced AFTER checking you definately have 2gig + free memory.

I see you have win7 64bit, as your cpu is 'okayish' and your gfx card is ok The cheapest option for you would be to buy more ram, If more ram doesnt stop the fps issues altogether you will then be able to go down the ram disk route as you will now have enough ram to load a ram dive into memory without depriving dayz / windows of ram

p.s your issues are HDD/RAM/game config related It has nothing to do with your gfx card (though it is possible to further improve performance by actually increasing some quality settings from my experience), I have a GTX460 O/C'd by 25% and dayz with max settings only uses 60% GPU :P

Edited by Easy_Tiger