Sign in to follow this  
Quaby

Where did all the normal servers go?

All the ones I can find are "40 Helicopters Starter Kit" ones that kinda kill the whole point of dayz. Are they even here anymore? I spent 20 minutes looking for a hive server and couldnt fine one lololollol

Agreed, Unfortunately it's difficult.

We had our server in "normal" mode with vanilla spawns and loadout. Just the additions of street lighting and other atmospheric enhancements and it never became populated.

Add vehicles, NPC's and alike and people join.

It doesnt help there are 4000 chernarus servers of which 80% are empty.

• Like 1

They're still there. They're few and far in between but they're still out there somewhere.

What? Use play with six and click hide unofficial servers, tada, millions upon millions of veteran servers.

Said it before, I'll say it again.

If only there was a way to hide servers that aren't vanilla...

ss2013-04-06at093529_zps65de0f6b.png

...Oh.

While I have customized my Tavi server - by modifying zombie difficulty, primarily - I cannot imagine running a map with either forty helicopters or a "starter kit". I definitely see where you are coming from though. Oddly enough, my goal has been to make DayZ much more difficult, rather than to hold a player's hand. All of that banter expressed, I see no harm in custom loot tables and a wider variety of vehicles - so long as they spawn damaged so players must first repair them. I mean, why can I have a silenced M4, but not silenced PDW? makes little sense, but I digress ...

• Like 2

Said it before, I'll say it again.

If only there was a way to hide servers that aren't vanilla...

ss2013-04-06at093529_zps65de0f6b.png

...Oh.

I have not played an offical hive for ages, mainly due to getting teleported to mars and shooting myself in the head 3 times in one night.

I had one running for a while.

No one was playing on it though, so i just shut it down.

I tried 2017 for a while before I shut it down too, cause I liked playing that. But again, no one playing.

I have not played an offical hive for ages, mainly due to getting teleported to mars and shooting myself in the head 3 times in one night.

That's why there are more custom private hives than there are vanilla main hives.

That's why there are more custom private hives than there are vanilla main hives.

Exactly. Well there's that and also the increased customization :)

There are hundreds, the only thing is...No one play's them

• Like 2

Type in "vanilla" on DayZCommander and join the -NOLA- server there. Pretty good server, only thing it has that public servers don't is side chat.

They are out there but most players don't want to play DayZ, they want to deathmatch. I have a small community on my 20 slot server and we have fun playing DayZ. That's all that matters to me, I don't care that my server isn't full. If you want stock DayZ at Mercenary settings come give it a try.

All the ones I can find are "40 Helicopters Starter Kit" ones that kinda kill the whole point of dayz. Are they even here anymore? I spent 20 minutes looking for a hive server and couldnt fine one lololollol

too many are charging to get as50 on respawn to cover server costs :rolleyes: .

i prefer simple dayz myself . all snipers and stupid stuff should just be took out.

• Like 1