Sign in to follow this  
diddums

Heli crash sites

Hello,

Started playing about 2-3 weeks ago, stuck pretty much exclusively to the west side of the map. Hadn't seen a single heli crash. Today I stuck around on the East side, came across 4 crash sites in about an hour. Is this normal? It was on a pub server.

Also, 3 of them had an SVD Camo with no ammo. Again, is this normal?

Cheers!

The loot is always different, 3 SVDs is pretty good. Heli crash sights spawn anywhere in the northern section up north, but if it spawns east or west, that's random. So you finding 4 heli crashes out east was just where they spawned on that reset.

Best of luck,

Odd, I usually find heli crashes on the west side, not the east. Where they spawn is completely random though.

I've also noticed a much higher spawn rate of SVD camos. Apparently there's an issue with some heli crashes spawning the wrong weapons.

• Like 1

they spawn in random places and with random loot, sometimes they spawn quite close together area wise.

I have noticed myself that there seems to be quite a lot spawning without ammo but ammo is easy to find. (some crash sites also have an ammo box)

• Like 1

Most of the crash site spawns are in the region between NWAF (Northwest Airfield) and Stary Sobor. Stretching a little bit south of Stary.

However its completely random where they pop up when the server restarts. Some restarts you wont see a single one and other times you come across 3/4.

• Like 1

I also tend to find most crash sites between stary and NWAF, mostly find them on the west side of the map never got much luck on the east.

My last 2 heli crash sites i found, one contained an SVD camo and 1 mag, the second was a Bison SD with 2 mags both in fields that lead upto Novy Sabor. other than that never been lucky with heli crash sites.