Sign in to follow this  
Cap'n (DayZ)

What settings do you play on?

I play with everything on normal i cant see a difference between maxed settings and normal settings.

Also i have antialiasing maxed out, turned off post processing effects and shadows on high.

Edited by GOD™

Same here. I've got a sort-of-mid range desktop, with a 7850 and the fx 8350. Of course, it helps to have a monstrous processor like mine because this game is pretty CPU intensive. What are your PC specs?

i5 2500k @ stock, 8gb ddr3 1600mhz and a 6950 2gb (with the extra shaders unlocked).

This game seems very fussy with hardware though.

i5 2500k

i heard that processor is excellent for gaming.

Edited by GOD™

I can easily run it on high, but I prefer low to get the best FPS possible.

I have a 2500k oc'ed to 4.5ghz with 570gtx. I keep it on low to keep the FPS steady. but on medium its laggy and averagely around 40-50fps and 30-50fps in towns. I have no clue what you need to run it on everything maxed. 690gtx perhaps?

Edited by monoking

athlon II x4 640, gts 250, 8gb ddr3 1333, everything maxed at 1680x1050(max for my monitor) except....

AA which is usually normal or off and post process off(dont like how they look),

shadows sometimes off for extra fps,

packed server in cherno around 15-25 fps(sometimes less :s ),

otherwise on average 35-40 fps,

or 40-50+fps in middle of a field with very few buildings and trees

Edited by Rocky46

I play with these:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 (3.06 Ghz)

Ram: 4 gigabyte

Video: AMD Radeon 6570 2GB

Resolution: 1280x720

Video memory: Very high (actually gives a higher framerate than Default on my system)

Texture detail: Normal

AF: Normal

AA: Low

Object detail: Normal

Terrain detail: Low

HDR: High

Shadows: High

No post-process

No PPAA

I've tried a ton of settings but I've settled on these because they give me virtually no slow-downs when I'm running around using freelook and zoom. Even those orange trees ain't got shit on me :P

I'm saving up to buy a new MB and a quad-core CPU to run some other games a bit better.

Normal settings, no AA or Post-process. I get a good 40-50 FPS.

I have everything set to Very High expect AA. Have Post Process disabled. I hit 30 to 40 FPS in the cities and 70 to 80 sometimes out in the boonies. I run with a FX-8350 at stock(I might OC soon though to see how much improvement I get.....just to see if it's worth it.) and a GTX 670 FTW. Been worth every penny I spent.....the game runs awesome. Now if I'm playing Breaking Point and that lovely fog rolls out I can dip to 25 FPS......that is a pain.

i play everything very low and in windowed just so i can go on ts and send messages and see who joins my channel

i play everything very low and in windowed just so i can go on ts and send messages and see who joins my channel

You know ts has an overlay so you can see who's in your channel and who's talking while in game?