Sign in to follow this  
tranex

Cant start DayZ help!

So i haven't played DayZ for 3 months because i was away, and now when i came back i did the normal updates, but when i join the server( via DayZ commander) it just kicks me off it and puts me in the arma 2 main menu. I tryed to join a server via the multiplayer option and the same thing happends. It said "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus." I didnt delete anything. I updated the Dayz and Dayz+ section on dayZ comander and battleye and arma 2... But idk what to do.. Please some one help me? :/

make sure the path is correct to arma as its not launching combined operations. what version of the game do you own

• Like 1

I have the combined operations. I said it wrong. it kicks me back in the OA menu.

yeah if you've played dayz before you would of needed combined ops just dayz commander aint launching it .... i meant where did you get the game from steam/retail/gog

Steam, it runned properly and without any problems before

close steam

start steam in admin (right click and run as administrator)

right click on arma2 and properties then local files

click on verify integrity of game cache

and do the same for arma2 oa

run arma2 to the menu

run arma2 oa to the menu

click in expansions

make sure the following are enabled

arma2

arma2 oa

arma2 baf lite

arma2 pmc lite

if not enable them and restart then exit the game

in dayz commander make sure the paths are correct and check the boxes for steam

• Like 1

When i validate OA it says "1 file failed to validate and it will be reacquired" .

How do you mean enabled? ( the expansions) I can only choose one of them.. (they are all green).

I can only start arma OA. In steam it says i have a new update for arma 2 but i cant update via steam.

why won't it let you update is the update automatic switched on for arma2 you need to sort out arma2 before you will get dayz to work

• Like 1

I found the problem, i went to my arma 2 folder and the size of it was only 85mb WTF:O. i deleted it and now im downloading it again.. Thanks for the help anyway..

• Like 1

its ok mate yeah 1.11 is the latest version happy playing