TIC

Crafting System = More food varieties?

Crafting System into more food varieties  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone want more things to nom?

• Already nomming, nom nom (Yes)
    • This idea is just not too tasteful, *vomit!* (No)
    • Idea is too bland, I'll elaborate for improvements with more salt! (Post Below)

Hey guys, TIC here. I have wondered since we are able to craft items and make them into weapons or disinfect items, could we make more varieties of food and make it enhance healing properties, hunger satisfaction and different blood gains. Looks like brains won't be the only dish for zombies!

How Foods Can Be Crafted

post-48188-0-00971900-1365838057_thumb.p

*This would work with the drag/drop option in the inventory system to make it easier to create several dishes.

*An ability to eat raw products but could cause a consequence(especially meats which could hold in diseases such as salmonella)

*Once cooking over a fire, you'd have to keep an eye out on what's on the fire on a skillet/frying pan. You'd have to watch how items will be cooked/boiled to watch out for it being overcooked/undercooked.

With more food varieties, we could have an option to combine food items by drag and drop over them which was demonstrated at PAX East with the new inventory system.

Some Inspiration from: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/121763-3d-model-different-food-qualities-329-update/ Thanks Joeyslucky22!

(Take note that food pyramid is taken as a concept of this)

Examples

Cooked Beef + Bacon Strips + Beans = Cowboy dinner

Chicken Breast + Bread = Chicken Sandwiches

Rice + Broccoli/Carrots + Chicken Breast = Oriental Chicken dish

Canned Cat Food + Beans = Instant vomiting, loss of hunger

Boiled water + Tea plants = Fresh tea

Milk + Chocolate powder = Chocolate milk

Also, let's be thoughtful for the vegetarians! ^^

With most meats, you could make soups, stews and such! Drinks would be considered as well! How about coffee, powdered drinks.

Additional Food Items List

As we follow along with what Rocket has mentioned that Diet will now be a factor for your health. It'd be nice to take notes of the food pyramid.

Expand markets that could have products which could come as mostly spoiled due to power being out!

• Rice
  • Bread (can come in stale, moldy or fresh)
  • More meats such as fish(introduce fishing and increase hunting elements!)
  • Find eggs in chicken coops or bird nests.
  • Able to cultivate vegetables or eating berries out of bushes.
  • More wildlife being introduced such as mice, deer(confirmed), horses(confirmed), snakes, bears, etc..
  • More canned goods (blueberries, anchovies, tuna)
  • Military rations(Russian)

Topic Glossary by TIC321

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 2

I also added an idea about being able to watch what you cook so you can avoid undercooking/overcooking items. This could indicate by hearing sizzling, seeing it charred on the outside or even seeing black smoke.

Whats wrong with just eating a giant piece of steak...?

All this would do is make your food look different.

Edited by GOD™

Whats wrong with just eating a giant piece of steak...?

All this would do is make your food look different.

Whats wrong with eating a giant piece of steak...with BEANS?

Whats wrong with eating a giant piece of steak...with BEANS?

It does nothing useful, it just fills your hunger just like eating a piece of steak by itself.

So then whats the point of having any different foods or drinks? Why not just have a can of beans and coke?

So then whats the point of having any different foods or drinks? Why not just have a can of beans and coke?

Well that's is already in there, no point taking it out now.

Also we're talking about "crafting" different food types.

Edited by GOD™

I find it funny that so many people want to do stuff ingame that they could do IRL. Im sure all you had for dinner yesterday was a couple of spiced pork chops while ingame you want a cowboy dinner....

I guess taste is different... i never understood why people played sims, but still it makes a shitload of money.

You guys missed the first 2 lines of words of why it'd be good. ^^

Edited by TIC321

I do hope that the two most important food-issues in human history do find their way into Standalone. Transforming food into something more nutritious and transforming food into something more durable.

Rocket also suggested that people will have to watch for a balanced diet, to stay healthy. So there is a chance that "food" might not just stay "food" but transform into something more complex.

• Like 1

I guess taste is different... i never understood why people played sims, but still it makes a shitload of money.

I dunno why i play it, but it just...entertains me alot.

I also think after awhile of eating certain items that you consume along with it being based on your diet, your taste will be different and should satisfy your hunger differently.

Maybe add a coffe with acorns (hot water + fresh acorns), tincture of wild rose and other forest fruits (can be found in the villages and basements, improve health-protects against colds and to some extent from the flu) and of course because is a ex-soviet country player can make moonshine :)

• Like 1