Sign in to follow this  
martin3423

Communication/NPCS

hey dayz players/ administrators I have this suggesting on communication. at the moment the communication is open to the whole server such side chat. what im thinking, Dayz should have two communications such as direct and radio. radio only works if you do find a radio [there should be channels for the radio]. this will add a more survival background as in when a large group is raiding a town they spread out and still communicate with each other. though the backside to this is that if someone has a radio and can connect to the channel they can radio spy and know what plan could be. another backside is that if someone is near the person who has a radio and communicating to a team member is that they can hear what they saying when close enough like direct chat. so this might sound like crap but i think it would be a cool feature in my perspective i dont know about others but yea this is just a suggesting. i think this already suggested, if it is they should backsides or the bad stuff i have suggested

[what am i also thinking is npcs but you guys can suggest what types there shoulded]

Edited by martin3423

cell phones, those must be added

I doubt you'd be getting service in an apocalypse.

• Like 2

Radios have been suggested a lot, I personally see barely any point in them. Groups that want to communicate like it or not will use an external service like teamspeak. I see what you're saying though, it would be fun to stalk a player with a radio and find out information about their squad/equipment/camp but I think the only people that will use them will just troll others.

Radios do have a tactical advantage such as recording text/audio depending where it's placed. Even in vehicles.

Cell phones would be kinda cool. Something like where you could add someone's identity to your 'contacts' on a cell phone and could submit text/calls to people. It should be a basic flip-phone :)

Radios do have a tactical advantage such as recording text/audio depending where it's placed. Even in vehicles.

Cell phones would be kinda cool. Something like where you could add someone's identity to your 'contacts' on a cell phone and could submit text/calls to people. It should be a basic flip-phone :)

But if you find the rare iPhone... who needs zombies? I've got Angry Birds! (just kidding) I think radios should allow players to talk in side chat.

I doubt you'd be getting service in an apocalypse.

As long as the towers are in intact you will. Also i doubt the zombies shot down our saterlites.

As long as the towers are in intact you will. Also i doubt the zombies shot down our saterlites.

satellites? wat?

the towers need energy to work, energy that dont exist anymore, remember?

Not sure if you meant this suggestion for SA or for Mod, but Rocket has already stated that radios/communication are being completely re-worked. Souce: PAX East videos.

In your mind what is a GPS jammer and what can it do to help you? Only when you are in the situation that the GPS jammer is need you will understand how important and useful such kind of device is. Gaining more knowledge of the device? Just start and then you will have access to the best GPS jammer.

yea im not clicking that link you've posted it twice now in similar context and name...just fyi for every one else. Also doesn't seem to have any real purpose. Edit I really like the idea though

Edited by Whatsausername

NPCs?

Radios have been suggested a lot, I personally see barely any point in them. Groups that want to communicate like it or not will use an external service like teamspeak.

This +1000000000

first thing I did when I got Arma was go into the settings and disable von and turn all voice sound off. Our group use ts have been known to use steam, msn or anything but in-game comms.

If I had a dollar for every time someone suggested changing the communication; Bill Gates' wealth would not compare to mine.

If I had a dollar for every time someone suggested changing the communication; Bill Gates' wealth would not compare to mine.

Radios are worthless. You might as well use Teamspeak or Skype. And Lol to that.

Cheers

Radios are worthless. You might as well use Teamspeak or Skype. And Lol to that.

Cheers

Assumng everyone on the server is in the same Skype call?

Edited by FlashHawk4

Cell phone signal jammer is an interesting and helpful device when we don’t want to be bothered by the cell phone noise. I just bought myself a cell phone signal jammer the other day, it is working great and BTW, it’s legal here in my country.

stuff like this has to happen for the SA.. the "side" communication in any sense has to go, i hate hearing and seeing all the children s pointless banta about " camping faggots" on a regular basis etc 

I found it to be a major atmosphere breaker for myself seeing shit c**T banta around the clock on servers that allow it... 

p.s..i just remembered ive been playing alot of origins not original dayz

Edited by liquidcactus

satellites? wat?

the towers need energy to work, energy that dont exist anymore, remember?

There are things called satellite phones which run off solar panels and can keep themselves in earths orbit.

Satellite phones, probably have numbers and can get connection probably anywhere.

They should be extremely rare, possibly found on planes or boats where they would most commonly be needed for emergency contact.

Only the best of the best should get them.

In another way this would discourage steam chat, teamspeak, Skype and things while keeping people from talking through the game but in doing that people can still be heard talking directly when you are closely.

Like they apparently have on GTA 5 the game should "sense the urgency of your voice" and with that decide upon a certain range of which it can be heard.

[what am i also thinking is npcs but you guys can suggest what types there shoulded]