Hayabusa (DayZ)

Fun and Rage at the same time

I would just like to know everyone's experience with the mod as of now. I have only been playing 3 days but so far I love the game when im alive and have one of the best times in video gaming history......until I get shot in the back from 200 meters away with a Winchester 1866 lol.

I find I lose more stuff and die to bugs more then anything else. When this mod is fully developed I cannot wait to see how amazing it can be. However I imagine alot of keyboards will get broke over this mod as it is very frustrating to lose 4 G17 mags when dropping a flashlight or when you finally get a sniper rifle only to have a zombie attack you through a wall until you fall over and cant get up. However I am impressed with the pace of the game so far when it comes to patches. The game is free after all and it seems like alot of work is being put into it.

I am having a blast, glithces and all. I figure everything is just part of the infection. If I get to frustrated I go play a simple game like all orcs must die.

The important thing to remember is this is an Alpha and we are merely playing a game in development so have to expect and put up with the bugs and glitches. It does mean in the long run this game will have the best playtesting throughout its development and the gamma version will be so amazing

Yeah you guys are right on. So how do you guys deal with the frustration of dying lol? I guess im still getting used to it. I only had a full alice pack, a G17 with 5 mags, and a CZ550 with 3 mags and I got very unlucky and was shot in the back lol. My friend saw it though and took him out with an M16A2. We where literally in the middle of nowhere it was so painful lol

Yeah you guys are right on. So how do you guys deal with the frustration of dying lol? I guess im still getting used to it. I only had a full alice pack' date=' a G17 with 5 mags, and a CZ550 with 3 mags and I got very unlucky and was shot in the back lol. My friend saw it though and took him out with an M16A2. We where literally in the middle of nowhere it was so painful lol

[/quote']

Don't worry, at least someone got your loot.

It's nowhere near as bad as dying to bugs, where your stuff just disappears.

I love dying that means I get to start in a whole new area. I like the challenge of trying to get the esential starter gear. BEST GAME EVER!

Yeah in the last 2 nights I've lost more to bugs than I've lost over the rest of my DayZ game time.

3 M4 CCO SDs

1 M4 CCO

1 DMR

1 L85A2 NV/IR

1 Bizon SD

2 Glocks

2 M24s

4 NVGs

probably about 5 1911s

Untold dozens of standard kit.

3 Coyote packs

Oh and 1 helicopter...all earned legitimately.

Oh well....the bugs are so bad it's almost funny.....Oh well...alpha and such....

edit....and a NV FAL awesomesause...go bugs!

I love dying that means I get to start in a whole new area. I like the challenge of trying to get the esential starter gear. BEST GAME EVER!

"Essential Starter Gear."

I think the mod is great fun. I just love the fact that everything is still in development and we can help by playtesting and by giving feedback on the forums.

I'm enjoying it, bug-warts and all.

My most upsetting deaths have been largely self inflicted. It's in alpha - I take everything that actually does work as a bonus! The success of this mod I think is largely due to how much fun can be had with just a few implemented concepts and the Arma2 engine.

I like how big changes are getting tested and feedback is getting listened to and acted upon.

I hope in a few years people will be playing the Arma3 (or 4?) version reminiscing of the good'ole Alpha days, when you couldn't do X, and didn't have Y! (..those were the days)

The most exciting thing about this mod is that it is in an early phase and I hope the best is yet to come. Dealing with and reporting any issues is just part of the fun.

I've died about 10 times and I think I'm used to it now. I can anticipate the thrill of brand new looting again. I enjoy that "what will I find? what will I find?!" rush. Once you're camping out in the woods with all the food and drink you need, a CZ with enough mags, and a G17, it can get boring.

Most of my deaths have been zombie related, or bugged zombie related. Bro and I looting a small hamlet outside Gvozdno, I enter a small shack to grab some cans, and then I'm being attacked through the wall, leading to a chain reaction of zombie aggro breaking both me and my bro's legs and killing us.

I think I've only been killed by players once or twice, and those were early. I feel like each death teaches me how to play better, and the lesson sticks due to the loss involved.

Yeah thats a good way to look at it. I found a huge bug today i was prone INSIDE a building and for no reason about 15 zombies started screaming and ran inside and started beating on me. I tried to open the door behind me but there was no icon. Seconds later another horde of zombies opened the door i tried to open and got in on the gangbang/blood orgy happening inside the small house. As long as the game still has gamebreaking bugs its still Alpha lol.

It's brilliant. You WILL die, it's simple. As an avid survivalist RL, I have been looking for a fun game like this filled with perils and the whole idea of the game is to scavenge/hunt/steal just like what would really happen.