TIC

Zombie Features and an apocalyptic environment-comes with examples- .. Standalone + Poll

Zombies + Apocalyptic environment  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other(Comment below)

Hey guys, TIC here. I always wondered if we'll see something new for zombies besides their animation for the Standalone. Here's what I wanted to see.

Confirmed for release:

*Zombie Children(floating idea)/Women; more variety of zombies.
*Different animations+New Skeleton.
*Attributes for zombies depending how long they been around for.
*Better pathfinding(Less ZigZag)+running indoors.
*More terrifying.
*More zombies on each server.
*Zombies will be server side(Not Client) to improve performance on PC's.
*Backstory by notes in areas to know the plot of DayZ.

Zombies

Add

Zombie variations; missing limbs, pretending to be dead, being bloated if they are in water/eaten something for some time.

Attributes; Possibility of increased hearing senses at night but decreased vision and act more aggressively.

• Random hordes roaming in areas such as large cities; dense forests and such. EXAMPLE (could be used as a random event.)
  • An option to attack animals and eating their corpse. Can eat the animal's meat but can be fatally infectious.
  • Zombies in the dark could also go to the direction the sound is coming from but not follow you unless they still hear you in some way.
  • Add that they could be able to break down doors or chain linked fences with large hordes which we could also add that we can reinforce doors or cover windows.
  • Improving the distraction for zombies like throwing empty cans.
  • Burning/burying bodies to eliminate diseases from rotting corpses which could harm lakes for drinking.
  • If a player is unconcious, zombies could disembowel or consume the player which could be very fatal.
  • Possibility of more blood + gore(optional)
  • Zombies could attract flies; similar to dead, rotting corpses.
  • Higher chances of infection; dead corpses carry thousands of different diseases.
  • Higher damage resistance from firearms in torso, groin and limbs.
  • Zombies can be caught on fire but making them more dangerous.
  • Can spawn in some buildings.

Remove

• The abilities for zombies climbing ladders, swimming, opening doors.
  • No-Clipping into walls.
  • Zombies not seeing you in thick bushes/trees.

Environment

The environment in the Standalone should demonstrate on what happened from the zombie apocalypse. We should be able to see these..

Examples include; Resident Evil's Raccoon City,
http://images2.wikia...coonCityRPD.png
http://360gamercast....012/03/look.jpg
https://encrypted-tb...9vaXEKFQhqP1ZNg

(Removed NPC soldiers concept. Sorry!)

-Jammed traffic on roads/highways from a possible evacuation.
-Military checkpoints/camps.
-Buildings damaged from vehicle collisions and dead bodies inside them too.
-Broken windows+bullet holes on walls for decoration.
-Better night life, able to see shooting stars and galaxies which could help navigate and for beauty. :blush:
-Almost complete silence except for noises made by players and ambient music.
-Seeing darker clouds which could produce rainfall, making it better to predict where it is instead of random rain appearing.

Topic Glossary by TIC321(Will be edited for enhanced navigation)

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 5

Oh boy, another suggestion topic by TIC321!

Possibility of NPC special forces squads demonstrated in Mercenaries to eradicate the zombie infection + eliminating players or bandits.

--Permanent death in server if eliminated

--Will spawn after a duration of time, such as a few days or so. (Seeing a heli come out of nowhere or even parachuting from it at a high altitude)

No NPCS, please. No NPCs is what makes DayZ what it is in a sense. Adding them is not going to help imo.

Keep it coming, mate. :thumbsup: :beans:

Edited by Gesundheit
  • Like 3

Oh boy, another suggestion topic by TIC321!

No NPCS, please. No NPCs is what makes DayZ what it is in a sense. Adding them is not going to help imo.

Keep it coming, mate. :thumbsup: :beans:

Yeah I hear that no NPC's (only zombies) from what Rocket said. :)

Thanks for the support man! Really appreciate it ^^

• Like 1

I have removed the NPC soldiers concept since it's already been confirmed by Rocket that other NPC's won't be available other than zombies :)

I really think that the zombies should definitely play a larger role in both the mod and Standalone.

• Like 2

I hope if there is say more then 3 infected they can bash down doors thus reinforcing the doors with planks + nails (hammer).

[]===[]O}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> stabbing ZOMBIES WIF MY BROADSWORD

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Like 1

I hope if there is say more then 3 infected they can bash down doors thus reinforcing the doors with planks + nails (hammer).

[]===[]O}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> stabbing ZOMBIES WIF MY BROADSWORD

We should also have an option to set up traps around areas, particularly around shelters and camps so no intruders would come through and scavenge items. (Suggested in my Hunting Ideas which could be found in OP)

I'd also like to see a method that zombies shouldn't stand in place to strike an attack. Should be able to move and attack at the same time or even tackle/grapple players.

I have a good back story as to why there is a zombie apocalypse....How about those pesky face-eating bath salts?

We should also have an option to set up traps around areas, particularly around shelters and camps so no intruders would come through and scavenge items. (Suggested in my Hunting Ideas which could be found in OP)

I'd also like to see a method that zombies shouldn't stand in place to strike an attack. Should be able to move and attack at the same time or even tackle/grapple players.

HELL YEAH i need traps.. remember that crazy black guy in those last few eps of walking dead who rick met in the first ep.. he had a good AXE TRAP at the top of the door step...

The hunting thing can be hacked & exploited, where hackers set traps all over the map or something like that, if Rocket doesn't resolve the hacking issue. The tackle/grapple thing sounds interesting, and would be cool if players could tackle/grapple other players.

Edited by thegalakrondian

The hunting thing can be hacked & exploited, where hackers set traps all over the map or something like that, if Rocket doesn't resolve the hacking issue. The tackle/grapple thing sounds interesting, and would be cool if players could tackle/grapple other players.

I hope this architecture that the devs are working on would resolve those issues for the Standalone.

I'd also like to be able to use zombies to your advantage. Things like throwing a tin can to distract them would be more effective to leaving an area or luring them to a player.

Baby, You had me at "Remove". Although no NPC soldier junk, plsno. Child zeds would be awesome though and horrifyingly disturbing, shooting little kids like in NMRIH

Remove

• The abilities for zombies climbing ladders, swimming, opening doors.
  • No-Clipping into walls.
  • Zombies not seeing you in thick bushes/trees.

Noclip zeds are fuck annoying, and so is bush esp, I wouldn't mind ladder climbing zeds, but at a more sluggish rate because they're rotting meat carcasses with a craving for human flesh, not a survivor.