gazzman (DayZ)

Torches and handgun problems

I seem to be having an issue with torches and hand guns,

Basically i have to stick my hand gun into my back pack in order to equip my torch but when i do i lose my handgun.

Then to make things worse once ive equiped my torch be it normal flashlight or military it doesnt turn on despite banging L and i've even tried setting a second key bind.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Does your pistol disappear when it goes into your bag? Is it because your pistol cannot find room in the bag and gets deleted? That happens to any gun you put in too small a bag. Sorry you lost your gun, man. That happened to my first three Cz550s. ;(

This gives me an idea on dual-wield pistol + light for reduced accuracy.

Does your pistol disappear when it goes into your bag? Is it because your pistol cannot find room in the bag and gets deleted? That happens to any gun you put in too small a bag. Sorry you lost your gun, man. That happened to my first three Cz550s. ;(

yea i think thats what im doing wrong i need to make sure there is enough room.

Any ideas with the torch issue, do they need batteries or sumit?

As far as I know if you try turning them on in daylight they don't - it has to be dark. How dark, I'm not sure.

yea i think thats what im doing wrong i need to make sure there is enough room.

The Glock *should* fit in the starter backpack. I don't know..

I've had mixed results with the flashlight; I think it's just one of those bipolar parts of the game that either works or doesn't. When I first starting playing, they wouldn't turn on. Now I can't turn them off. Can they be "Fixed" and "Broken" like NVGs?

In my experience, if I cant get my torch or my handgun to work I simply drop it to the ground and then I pick it up again. 9 out of 10 times it works after this little trick..

In my experience, if I cant get my torch or my handgun to work I simply drop it to the ground and then I pick it up again. 9 out of 10 times it works after this little trick..

thanks ill try that

I'm all for replacing primary and secondary with 2 slots that can each hold 1 primary OR 2 secondaries.

2 pistols, 1 pistol and a flashlight, 1 rifle.. should all be possible.

only problem is how to make controls for dual-wield so that it doesn't suck :-)

I'm all for replacing primary and secondary with 2 slots that can each hold 1 primary OR 2 secondaries.

2 pistols, 1 pistol and a flashlight, 1 rifle.. should all be possible.

only problem is how to make controls for dual-wield so that it doesn't suck :-)

Not so bothered about dual-wield for 2 pistols but u should defo be able to hold a flash light and pistol together,

For the backpack problem, sidearms take up 5 slots in your backpack. The starter pack, on most servers at least, is 8 slots, so you can put the gun and 3 mags in there. The torch takes 5 as well, so you can leave it in there for quick swapping and to make sure you don't delete your gun.

As for the flashlight, try dropping it or adding it to your toolbelt and equipping it again. Those usually do the trick, but sometime a good relog wouldn't hurt.

Why doesnt your sidearm stow in that leg holster everyone is wearing? Why does it take up backback inventory anyway?