madhellsing

Suggestion about Zombie gear for both the Mod and new game :)

What do you guys think about specially military zombies carring good loot like Ak's or other guns slinged around their body. Imagine watching a military zombie romming arround with a SAW or a MK48 mod lol. Like a Christmas zombie or birthday zombie :D

Also some, specially the pilot zombies could have a Mp5/Mp5 sd or a P90/P90 sd like most pilots do carry SMG's called PDW's also some might have NVG's on them for night ops.

Now the zombies with guns slinged on them should have no ammo left or maybe empty mags or a few rounds in the mag, so it will seem like they died over runned by Zombies spending most of their ammo defending their position.

How about if a player is killed by zombies they become one after a restart or maybe in a period of time before the restart so they would be romming around with the actual gear they died with. I will be sick if a player that died by zombies then go back to regain their gear and the body sits lifeless there and when he or they begin to loot the body it comes back from dead to dead walking and lashes out at the player or players looting that body.

Not sure if this has been suggested. But what do you guys think?

Edited by madhellsing
  • Like 1

Well, firstly, yeah it has been suggested, but always nice to see this topic revisited. I personally think that it would be cool, have a military zombie with an AK on his back charging at me, then for me to take it off his back. However I would want this to be a very very rare chance, guns are far too common in DayZ as it is, and ammo is even more so. You get beans for the take you have on it, but alas, it's already been visited.

• Like 1

I agree that military zombies should have a rare chance of carrying weapons. I know pilots sometimes have NVG's on them.

In SA clothing is an important aspect so looting a military zombie for military clothes could be an option, though i would say risk of infection would be high.

• Like 1

Nice to know that man. This is why only military zombies along with dead zombie players should carry this gear like on the military instalations, Heli crash sights zombies and main city military last stance outposts. .

I think that a good way on making weapons rare is to only make them spawn in like military outpost areas, maybe even in some peoples abandon homes. And a way to actually make it a dangerous chance to pick one up would be to have them on the zombies like mention before. So you risk the chance to get infected by trying to take them from their livind dead owners.

This one has actually inspired me to make a drawing on how they might look. I'll post up some pics in a couple days on here on this post.

Anyone is free to post their pics here if they like