milkeyuk

Has anyone had this issue.. or could it be a hacker..?

Basically I was on a server recently and just playing like normal. I came across a tent that was full of weapons, food etc.. It wasn't well hidden, it was behind a factory on the outskirts of elektro. I took everything I could and started to get out of there... Next minute, I fly up into the air, drop and I'm dead.

Has anyone ever had anything like this?

Dont take cool stuf without asking first :)

But no, i never saw this before, did get thrown in air and killed on piers but nowhere ealse.

Edited by marko4231
  • Like 1

Only glitches I know of that put people in the air is the Hero skin login and a rare chance of docks flinging you up. It was a hacker. Did the rest of the server die with you?

• Like 2

...put people in the air is the Hero skin login and a rare chance of docks flinging you up....

These are the two things that typically cause this. I would guess he was on the docks, just because he mentioned he was in Elektro when he looted the tent. This can be done by someone cheating though, maybe ask the server admin/s if they've seen anything in their logs around the time it happened??

Cheers

• Like 1

Yeah it's weird, we had to change the scripts on our server to stop people dying when they changed clothes (Somehow applying a Guillie spawns you 10ft up)

But yeah was it just you or did the rest of the server suffer the same fate? Public or Private Hive?

It also happens on a railway bridge in Namalsk, I've been silly enough to let it happen to me twice. Only other time for me was a script twat and his shenanigans. :|

Edited by philbottle

Dont take cool stuf without asking first :)

But no, i never saw this before, did get thrown in air and killed on piers but nowhere ealse.

Why would you ask? isn't that part of the game. If anything if you have cool stuff.. hide it better :P

Only glitches I know of that put people in the air is the Hero skin login and a rare chance of docks flinging you up. It was a hacker. Did the rest of the server die with you?

This makes alot of sense, I was on the docks. Damn it. If only I'd known about this issue!

Anyway thanks guys , you've been a lot of help.

Yeah it's weird, we had to change the scripts on our server to stop people dying when they changed clothes (Somehow applying a Guillie spawns you 10ft up)

I believe this is the bug with the anti-teleport system. When changing skins (happens at playerspawn & changing clothes) it "sends" you to debug then back, and the anti tp system currently is treating this as a player teleport. Some players (typically hero skin) experience this when they spawn. They will loop over the water and fall for a period of time before eventually dying. Seems that disconnecting/reconnecting or sometimes running the second you spawn are interim fixes for this until 1.7.7 allows servers to disable the anti tp system (and fixes the 'seagull' bug).

• Like 1