Sign in to follow this  
Matteh

Roamers?

So I've not played DayZ for about 2 months or so, returned to playing it this evening, playing on a usual server I play on quite often, it's a public server, not private.

I got some loot and began to head North, and saw a group of zombies wandering out in the middle of a field, no buildings or town in sight, checked for any of those small huts in the woods but nothing, and they were really spread out as if they'd been there for a while, anyway after checking the area I continued North, thinking maybe someone had been chased by all 15 or so out of Elektro.

Then I noticed the same thing again, and it continued happening in various places, numbers differing, sometimes on 2 or 3, sometimes 8-10+, each time I would look in the area to see any buildings or towns they may have spawned at and each time, nothing.

This was literally out in open fields and each time they were spread out as if they had been there a while, so my question is, is there like a server plugin that allows random hoards or something?

Thought it was pretty cool having to watch myself in the middle of the woods or out in a field.

Ahhhh very nice! Thanks for all the quick responses! Beans for you all :)

Yeah but they will be removed again in the next patch, it seems they are not working as intended.

Yeah but they will be removed again in the next patch, it seems they are not working as intended.

They are not working at all.all they do is giveaway a player entering the area.

• Like 1

They are not working at all.all they do is giveaway a player entering the area.

Isn't that what ALL zombies do?
  • Like 1

Isn't that what ALL zombies do?

Yeah, and it is a problem.

Stopping the zombies spawning like this fixes half the problem.

Good, its a horrible addition and almost as if the devs thought "hey players can spot for zed spawns in cities to determine if there are players about, lets do the same in the wilderness.... " . Being 100m in a forest and then spotting zeds spawn 200 meters away in the bordering clearing is just bullshit.

Good, its a horrible addition and almost as if the devs thought "hey players can spot for zed spawns in cities to determine if there are players about, lets do the same in the wilderness.... " . Being 100m in a forest and then spotting zeds spawn 200 meters away in the bordering clearing is just bullshit.

So it goes both ways. I find it fair, until they fix the "zombies in town, there mus be people" I find only logic it is possible to do the same outside towns.

In the standalone wont zombies just roam? I heard they will follow the human trail and end up wherever hummies are but wont spawn in so much?

In the standalone wont zombies just roam? I heard they will follow the human trail and end up wherever hummies are but wont spawn in so much?

I know zombies will (along with loot) spawn at the start of every server restart in the standalone, but I don't know if they will roam outside of their towns.

Edited by RIGHTLY