Sign in to follow this  
Nextep

"Dome" question

Hello!

We'd like to build a little base of 3 heli's of each type, so when player's on our server gets disconnected unexppectedly - and their heli crashes etc we can give them a new one. Though, we want to protect it with a dome. Can anyone explain how this work? I've tried googling it, and i cannot find any guidelines on how to set it up, if it's a script or what.

Thanks in advance--

Nextep

TSW anti-hack tool will work for that, you can set the dome to only allow certain GUID or humaity levels to enter the dome, anyone else gets teleported at another location of your choosing.

TSW website is > http://thesilentwarrior.com/tsw/

There is a module called restricted zones that you can use and set up to prevent players from getting into the area, or being able to survive in it. Alternatively, setting up a trigger on the map in the radius of the place and you can make it kill anyone who enters the circle/rectangle.

With the trigger you would just set the radius to cover the choppers, set it on repeated activation, so instead of 1 player activating the trigger only once it makes sure every time a player comes in they will die. Then, set the activation to present, blufor present, and in the On Act. field write the script command to kill players. I don't know it off the top of my head. Still, then you will have to enable an admin control of being invincible to enter the place to get the chopper, which you can also do with script commands if you are crafty enough.

If the trigger proves too difficult, you can always do the restricted zones, or you can build an actual base with NPCs, and whomever is skilled enough to get inside clearly deserves the chopper then.

Found EXACTLY what i were looking for!

I'm pasting the url with a proxy here, because for some reason Norway is IP banned on this opendayz.net site - for reasons i dont know why, i've even asked in their IRC and not getting any reply. Anyhow, case solved and here is the script; http://www.usawebproxy.com/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL29wZW5kYXl6Lm5ldC90aHJlYWRzL2d1aWRlLWNyZWF0aW5nLXNhZmV6b25lcy45MDE0Lw%3D%3D&hl=36d

Withouth proxy;

http://opendayz.net/threads/guide-creating-safezones.9014/

Nextep

They have banned thousands of IP addresses in error and won't fix it, they had issues with spammers and went way OTT banning entire IP ranges.

We are running one of your hosted private hives and currently everything is going well. We did encounter an issue which we have researched and tested the examples given here and other sites with no success. When creating the Protective Dome using your examples we are greeted with the "Waiting for a host" splash screen. We have a dome.sqf with the information provided at "dayz.st/w/Main_Page" and modified the mission.sqf to include the statements under the Sensors. No matter what we try we receive the same results. This is what we have in the mission.sqf. The item numbers are correct and the dome.sqf is located in the root folder, I've seen people creating a subfolder for the safe zones. Assuming this is done just to keep it organized.

mission.sqf:

};
class Item4
position[]={12670,0.001,8373.25}; 
a=150;
b=150;
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="dome1";
expCond="(vehicle player) in thislist;";
expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome1.sqf"";";
expDesactiv="terminate dome; titleText [""You've left the no fly zone."", ""Termination has been deactivated."", 3];";
class Effects
};
};
};
class Intro

dome.sqf:
// Below, put the UID of player(s) where it says pasteUIDhere that you want to give access to the dome
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["PlayerUID"]) exitWith { 
titleText ["Welcome to Base", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
};
// What happens if unauthorized players get into the dome
titleText ["You are entering restricted area, please turn around and leave.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleText ["Get away a.s.a.p.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 3;
titleText ["5 sec", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 2;
titleText ["You have 3 seconds left", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 3;
titleText ["Good night.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 1;
player setDamage 1;

Any assistance would be appreciated, Thank you.